• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Bacon in a Stoneware Pan: Tips for Beginners

In summary, bacon can be cooked on the large stoneware pan for about 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 450F.
PamperedSheep
I have heard a bunch of you mention baking bacon on the large stoneware pan. How long and what temp do you bake it at? I have never baked bacon.....TIA!

I did that just this morning. I bake it at 450F for about 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness and desired crispiness.

I do it anywhere from 400-425 for 15-25 minutes.

I do thick bacon at about 375 for 25 mins....it's not crispy tho. We like it a little softer.

Bacon on the large bar pan is awesome. I put mine in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes (like others have already said, just check to see how crispy and take it out when it's where you want it!). Depending on what type of bacon you use, there may be a LOT of grease in the pan. I usually pull the bacon off with the Chef's Tongs and lay it across folded up paper towels, and then I carefully pour the grease off into a cup that I store in my freezer (then when it's full toss the cup out with the garbage when garbage day is close). The grease is a bit messy for my preference, but you'd deal with it cooking on the stovetop in a skillet anyway. :)

I line my Bar Pan with Parchment Paper so we can easily pour the slightly cooled bacon grease over the cats' food. They like that. :)

I use the bacon grease to cook my eggs or to make gravy. I pour it up in a prep bowl & keep it by my stove.

That makes things taste really good. However, if he found out I was doing that my doctor would have a coronary. ;)

A little bit of bacon grease is a good substitute for butter on cooked green beans, too. mmm...

Well, right now I'm hooked up to two wires that are recording my heart b/c they are trying to find out what is wrong w/me. lol I have to wear it for 30days. They did a stress echo & said my heart looked young & beautiful sooooo I'm still good to go. My family was expecting them to get onto me for the way I eat. I'm 35yrs old, 5'3" & according to the doctor's scales I'm 138lbs. I told him they were off by about 5 or so lbs. He laughed...I didn't. I believe in butter & everything else that is good but not so good for you. Glad I haven't been told to change my ways yet. :) It is sad that things that taste so good are not always good for you.

chefann said:
A little bit of bacon grease is a good substitute for butter on cooked green beans, too. mmm...

I'll have to try that. My uncle puts a beef bullion cube in his & that is what I do now.

1. Can I use any type of stoneware pan to bake bacon?

Yes, you can use any stoneware pan as long as it is oven-safe and can withstand high temperatures. Pampered Chef offers a variety of stoneware pans that are designed specifically for baking bacon.

2. How do I prepare the stoneware pan before baking bacon?

Before using the stoneware pan, make sure to season it by rubbing a small amount of cooking oil onto the surface. This will help prevent sticking and ensure easy cleanup.

3. How long should I bake bacon in a stoneware pan?

The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the bacon and your desired level of crispiness. Generally, it takes about 15-20 minutes to bake bacon in a stoneware pan at 400°F.

4. Do I need to flip the bacon while baking?

No, you don't need to flip the bacon while baking in a stoneware pan. The stoneware's natural heat retention will ensure that the bacon cooks evenly on both sides.

5. How do I clean the stoneware pan after baking bacon?

After the pan has cooled down, remove any excess bacon grease and food particles with a plastic scraper or brush. Then, wash the pan with warm soapy water and let it air dry. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or soaking the pan in water to maintain its non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missymssy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies