• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Bar Cookies with a Bag of Cookie Mix

In summary, to make bar cookies using a bag of cookie mix, preheat your oven, prepare a baking pan, mix the cookie dough, spread it evenly, and bake until golden brown. You can also add your own ingredients for more flavor. Use a metal or glass pan for best results and store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for longer storage.
aksusan
I'm guessing I can use a bag of cookie mix and proceed as normal then bake in the bar pan? Anyone know how long to bake them in there and what temp?

I wanted to make cookies for the superbowl, but I've got so much other stuff going on I don't want to have to scoop all the cookies and bake multiple batches.

Thanks!

I would bake them, like you would on a regular baking sheet.

You mean as a bar cookie? I've wondered the same thing!

yes as a bar cookie. I thought 1 big bar cookie would be simpler than scooping and baking individual cookies and might save me some time.:)

Yes, no problem creating them at bar cookies. I used a big tub of choc. chip cookie dough once, flattened it onto the LBP and they were fabulous!

What are the steps to make bar cookies using a bag of cookie mix?

To make bar cookies using a bag of cookie mix, follow these steps:

• Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the cookie mix package.
  • Line a baking pan with parchment paper or grease it with cooking spray.
  • In a mixing bowl, combine the cookie mix, eggs, and butter according to the package instructions.
  • Spread the cookie dough mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
  • Bake for the recommended time on the package or until the edges are golden brown.
  • Let the cookies cool before cutting them into bars and serving.

Can I add my own ingredients to the cookie mix for more flavor?

Yes, you can add your own ingredients to the cookie mix to enhance the flavor. Some popular additions include chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, or spices like cinnamon or nutmeg. Just make sure to adjust the measurements of the other ingredients, such as butter or eggs, accordingly.

What is the best type of pan to use for baking bar cookies?

The best type of pan to use for baking bar cookies is a metal or glass baking pan. These materials distribute heat evenly and help prevent the cookies from burning. Avoid using dark or non-stick pans as they may cause the cookies to bake faster and become too crispy.

Can I freeze bar cookies made with a bag of cookie mix?

Yes, you can freeze bar cookies made with a bag of cookie mix. Once the cookies are completely cooled, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours before serving.

How should I store leftover bar cookies?

To store leftover bar cookies, place them in an airtight container and keep them at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want them to last longer, you can store them in the fridge for up to a week. Just make sure to let them come to room temperature before serving for the best texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
keynibear
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
Staci