• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Cookie Dough (W/ Cake Mix) for Cookie Press?

Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened1-1/4 cups sugar1 egg1 teaspoon vanilla extract1/2 teaspoon almond extract2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon baking powder1/4 teaspoon saltAssorted food coloring, optionalIn a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Tint with food coloring if desired. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets
LisaJG
Hi, I'm a new consultant (just joined in May), and I've searched these forums but cannot find what I'm looking for. (If I just missed it... I'm sorry!)A while back, a friend (former consultant) verbally gave me an easy cookie recipe for the Cookie Press that called for cake mix, but I've since forgotten it. I have my second (ever) Cooking Show coming up and would love to do these cookies for it.Does anyone have a great cake mix cookie recipe for the Cookie Press that I can demonstrate? Something that makes yummy Christmas cookies or sugar cookies that can be decorated would be a plus.Thank you so much! :)

Here you go:

Basic Butter Recipe
1 lb. (4 sticks) butter, divided
1 pkg. (18.25 oz) white cake mix
2-3/4 cups (11 oz) all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, microwave 2 sticks of butter on high, 1 minute or until melted. Slice remaining butter into 1/2- inch pieces; add to melted butter, tossing to coat. Allow butter to stand 3-5 minutes or until
softened. Meanwhile, measure flour, add cake mix, and blend to break any lumps. Whisk butter until smooth and free of lumps. If necessary, return butter to microwave for 10-20 seconds or until creamy and pourable. Do not
melt completely. Pour butter all at once into dry ingredients; thoroughly scrape butter from bowl. With mixing spoon, mix until dry ingredients are incorporated and dough is smooth. Fill Cookie Press and press cookies
onto baking stone or parchment paper. Bake for about 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes on baking stone, then remove to
cooling rack. Makes approximately 8 dozen.

Flavor Variations: Use Devils Food Cake Mix instead of White Cake Mix. Or add a few drops of mint extract and green food coloring and use
the Christmas tree disk. Or use a yellow cake mix and add a tablespoon of the Cinnamon Plus Spice blend to make a great spice cookie.

I am pretty sure the recipe is in one of these booklets...cake mix, melted butter, and then you can change them up to make different cookies.

Choc chip
spritz
chocolate rollout
etc

There are some tips in these files too, and the two other recipes are ones I have used and really like.

Attachments

• Cookie Press Recipe Booklet.doc
    75.5 KB · Views: 836
  • cookie press recipes LOTS.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 568
  • Cookie Press Tips one page.doc
    22 KB · Views: 485
  • Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 504
  • Butter Snow Flakes.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 519
Awesome! Thanks you guys -- I really appreciate it! :)

BTW- that recipe is listed at the bottom of my "cookie press tips" page...

Diane, I like your tips at the end for the different flavors!

And Congrats, Kelly! My daughter, Abby, turns 2 November 17th.

Thanks Lisa!

We have 3 others...DSD is almost 17, DSS is almost 14, DS is 3.5 and our last one is on the way! They are so cute when they are 2 through about 5....those are my favorite ages! (Stressful sometimes, but my favorite nontheless!) Enjoy Abby!

KellyTheChef said:
I am pretty sure the recipe is in one of these booklets...cake mix, melted butter, and then you can change them up to make different cookies.

Choc chip
spritz
chocolate rollout
etc

There are some tips in these files too, and the two other recipes are ones I have used and really like.
Hi Kelly,
I have a co-worker that purchased the cookie press. He was using it with his daughters and said that it was difficult to get the cookie dough to press out. i was thinking it might be the recipe. I want to see your files, however they just lead to a link or another page and I cannot view them. Could you email to [email protected]? Thank you,
Shannon

I can't seem to open those files either; of course the date of the post is awhile ago and that could be a problem. Shannon, if you get an updated word doc. of the files, can you repost them?

I could not get those files either. I had to go to CS files and search for it, and save them to disk. They will not open in a window like usual. Wanted the cream cheese cookies recipe....

Hi,
I have these in my files, try them and see if they open up. They are not mine, just "borrowed" over they years.;)
Deb

Attachments

• Cookie Show Details.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 420
  • Cookie press recipes LOTS.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 581
  • Cookie Press recipes.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 473
  • Cookie Press Recipe Booklet.doc
    78 KB · Views: 644
  • Cookie Press Tips.doc
    28 KB · Views: 504

1. Can I use any type of cake mix for this cookie dough?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this cookie dough recipe. However, keep in mind that different flavors of cake mix will result in different flavored cookies.

2. Do I need a special cookie press for this recipe?

Yes, you will need a cookie press to make these cookies. The dough is designed to be used with a cookie press to create unique shapes and designs.

3. Can I freeze this cookie dough?

Yes, you can freeze this cookie dough for up to 3 months. Simply wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap before placing it in the freezer. When ready to use, thaw the dough in the refrigerator before using with your cookie press.

4. How should I store the cookies after baking?

After baking, store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. If you want to keep them longer, you can also freeze the cookies for up to 3 months.

5. Can I add additional ingredients to this cookie dough?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit to the cookie dough before pressing it out. Just make sure to adjust the amount of ingredients based on the amount of dough used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • nancycookspc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies