• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Mix the Cookie Dough Ahead or at the Host's House?

In summary, the "Mix Ahead or Mix It There?" method allows for the preparation of ingredients ahead of time or mixing them together on the spot. To determine if a recipe is suitable for this method, look for the corresponding icon next to the recipe title. It is possible to mix all ingredients ahead of time, but some recipes may require certain ingredients to be added later for best results. Mixed ingredients should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and labeled with the recipe name and date. Even if some ingredients are missing, the "Mix Ahead or Mix It There?" method can still be used by adding the remaining ingredients when ready to use.
MomToEli
First show tonight (say a quick prayer, please!) ...

I am going to take a prebaked cake and decorate it there (Chocolate Strawberry Skillet Cake). I am also going to bake a pan of Tollhouse Cookies (pan style) during the show as a thank you for the host (she runs a day care - she can have them for the kiddos tomorrow). I figure the smell will work in my favor, plus I can show the Large Bar Pan that way. I will also be demoing some of the tools.

Anway, for the cookies, I have mixed up the dry ingredients and put them in a ziploc. Should I just go ahead and mix of all of the dough and have it in the pan already? Cream the butter and sugar in the Classic Batter Bowl here and mix it all together there? Cream the butter, etc., there - using the host's mixer or carry my own? Have it all mixed and just take it in the Batter Bowl?

I know I'm making this WAY too hard, but my mind is just hung up on this one thing ...

Please help.

I would have it already mixed. Just pop it into the oven when you get there and then the whole house will be smelling of yummy cookies and you won't have to worry about getting the cookies together while setting up :)

I'd take it already pressed into the barpan covered in foil and ready to bake.

1. What is the purpose of the "Mix Ahead or Mix It There?" method?

The purpose of the "Mix Ahead or Mix It There?" method is to give you the option to prepare ingredients for a recipe ahead of time or mix them together on the spot.

2. How do I know if a recipe is suitable for the "Mix Ahead or Mix It There?" method?

Look for the "Mix Ahead or Mix It There?" icon next to the recipe title. This indicates that the recipe can be made using this method.

3. Can I mix all the ingredients ahead of time?

Yes, you can mix all the ingredients ahead of time if the recipe calls for it. However, some recipes may require certain ingredients to be added or mixed in at a later stage for optimal results.

4. How do I store ingredients that have been mixed ahead of time?

If you have mixed ingredients ahead of time, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them. Be sure to label the container with the name of the recipe and the date it was prepared.

5. Can I still use the "Mix Ahead or Mix It There?" method if I don't have all the ingredients on hand?

Yes, you can still use this method if you are missing some ingredients. Simply mix together the ingredients you do have and add the remaining ingredients when you are ready to use them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies