• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you an office supply junkie? What are your must-haves?

In summary, the conversation was about office supply necessities and items that are regularly used. Some of the mentioned items were a 3 hole punch, electric stapler, paper cutter, blank labels, colored paper, stapler and staples, paperclips, printer paper, printer ink cartridges, colored card stock, index cards, good scissors, highlighters, sticky notes, self-sharpening pencils, manila folders, 2-pocket folders, mailing envelopes, return address labels, and a 10-key calculator. The conversation also touched on individual preferences and addictions to certain office supplies.
hoosierchef
Ok...Just curious. What do you consider to be office supply necessities? :p

There are plenty of us Office supply junkies out there, that I figured this would be a fun thread to see what some of us have that others of us want! LOL

I thought of another item I would love to have as I was putting together the information for my fundraiser Tuesday night. AN ELECTRIC STAPLER!!!! :rolleyes:

3 things I've been thinking I really NEED are:

A 3 hole punch
An Electric Stapler
A Paper cutter (Large one - so I can cut down poster board etc...also)

Things I use regularly and couldn't live w/o...

Blank labels - the 2 x 1 3/4" ones - 30 on a sheet...I buy those boxes of 3000 at a time
Colored paper - pastels and neons
Stapler & staples
paperclips - oh how I LOOOOOVE paperclips...colored ones and silver ones, small ones and large ones...LOVE them!!
blank printer paper - I print a LOT...which leads me to...
Printer ink cartiridges
colored card stock
index cards
good scissors - I have like 7 pr of scissors at my desk
highlighters in all 4 colors
sticky notes - must have sticky notes!!

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

Everything Carolyn just said...
PLUS:

Self-sharpening Pencils
Manila Folders
2-pocket folders
Mailing Envelopes in 10x13 & 9x12
return address labels (The small ones that come 80 to a sheet)

I can't live without my highlighter tape. It is colored tape that you can put on your datebook and then write on it. If that particular event/show changes dates/reschedules, you just move the tape to the new date in your book. It can be hard to find in stores but it is soooo worth it. No more eraser marks or white out all over the pages. I love the fact that you can move it whenever you want.

dcypcar.chef said:
I can't live without my highlighter tape. It is colored tape that you can put on your datebook and then write on it. If that particular event/show changes dates/reschedules, you just move the tape to the new date in your book. It can be hard to find in stores but it is soooo worth it. No more eraser marks or white out all over the pages. I love the fact that you can move it whenever you want.

Oooooh - this sounds awesome! What exactly is it? Can you find it on an office supply store webs ite and post a link? It sounds like something I could TOTALLY use!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Everything Carolyn just said...
PLUS:

Self-sharpening Pencils
Manila Folders
2-pocket folders
Mailing Envelopes in 10x13 & 9x12
return address labels (The small ones that come 80 to a sheet)

Oh yes - I need my manila folders (I have strated recycling them - I take the ones from shows 12+ months ago, turn em inside out and reuse them...saves me $$) and catalog mailing envelopes!!

Have I mentioned I LOVE this thread!??!?!

I don't know if it just me, but I can't use any other kind of calc. than a 10 key. Guess that is what happens from so many years of working in offices....

dannyzmom said:
Have I mentioned I LOVE this thread!??!?!

LOL....No, but I figured there were enough of us Office Supply Junkies out there....that this would be a hit!! LOL

JenBowen said:
I don't know if it just me, but I can't use any other kind of calc. than a 10 key. Guess that is what happens from so many years of working in offices....

I used to have one, but I don't know what happened to it. I miss mine and that's definetly on the list to get once I get going good....or at least have a few extra $$$. LOL

JenBowen said:

Once I got my laptop for shows I stopped using a calculator at all. Now if I need a calculator, I just use the one in my computer...or ask my 8 year old son - LOL

dannyzmom said:
Once I got my laptop for shows I stopped using a calculator at all. Now if I need a calculator, I just use the one in my computer...or ask my 8 year old son - LOL

I would DIE to have a laptop to take to all my shows. That would be so awesome to be able to just sit there with the customer and enter their orders in that way!!

My husband has banned me from Staples and Office Depot...and soon Walmart, every time I come home I have more Pens... HELLO- My name is Jen, and I am ADDICTED TO PENS

My own peculiar addiction seems to be to self-sharpening pencils, and all types of sticky notes.....I love them in all shapes and sizes - the ones that are index cards, the ones you can hang on your wall for meetings, all the different colors, the ones that come in a pen.....I just can't resist!:eek:

dcypcar.chef said:

Gotta get me some of that!!!

I love the plastic (tear proof) envelopes I got for mailing host packets. I was always worried about the paper ones ripping. (I had to buy 100 to get a deal but my friend who sells alot of her kids clothes online bought some from me.)

hoosierchef said:
I would DIE to have a laptop to take to all my shows. That would be so awesome to be able to just sit there with the customer and enter their orders in that way!!

Stick with PC, build a team, and you'll be able to afford and justify buying a laptop for you shows. I bought mine last summer - my DH had a really good summer business-wise and I had a pretty good season...it was my reward to myself for earning TPC :)

JenBowen said:
My husband has banned me from Staples and Office Depot...and soon Walmart, every time I come home I have more Pens... HELLO- My name is Jen, and I am ADDICTED TO PENS

Pens, huh?
I like to get 'em free from the bank, hotels, Real Estate Agents...they all LOVE to give away their pens!! LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
My own peculiar addiction seems to be to self-sharpening pencils, and all types of sticky notes.....I love them in all shapes and sizes - the ones that are index cards, the ones you can hang on your wall for meetings, all the different colors, the ones that come in a pen.....I just can't resist!:eek:

My 8yo son has the same obsessions as you!! LOL

dannyzmom said:
Pens, huh?
I like to get 'em free from the bank, hotels, Real Estate Agents...they all LOVE to give away their pens!! LOL

I know they do, I deal with them all the time in my other careers. I could seriously start my own store.

dannyzmom said:
My 8yo son has the same obsessions as you!! LOL

It's so sad.....It's like I can smell them...even in Big Lots, I find myself drawn to the Office Supply Aisle, and have found some really great deals on index card sticky notes ($1 a package!) and pencils.....I'm always looking for new colors of sticky notes (they have fashion colors! :D ) - like I need more sticky notes!

dannyzmom said:
Things I use regularly and couldn't live w/o...

Blank labels - the 2 x 1 3/4" ones - 30 on a sheet...I buy those boxes of 3000 at a time
Colored paper - pastels and neons
Stapler & staples
paperclips - oh how I LOOOOOVE paperclips...colored ones and silver ones, small ones and large ones...LOVE them!!
blank printer paper - I print a LOT...which leads me to...
Printer ink cartiridges
colored card stock
index cards
good scissors - I have like 7 pr of scissors at my desk
highlighters in all 4 colors
sticky notes - must have sticky notes!!

I LOVE THIS THREAD!
How in the heck did I miss this thread!!!!!! Holy Guacamole:eek: ! I will have to come back down here later today and get into this thread!!!! I SO LOVE OFFICE SUPPLIES!!!!!
Carolyn, do you have those Dollar Stores in Florida? We have Dollar Trees out here in Washington! If you do then go check it out! I got so many cool things of paperclips there! You'd so love them!!!!:D I have checkered ones in all colors, ones with dots, some with stripes! and in all kinds of sizes! They have a pretty cool office supply section! You can get labels there for a buck!!!! Highlighters, and Sharpies!! This is where I use to shop when I was a director and did my pick basket!!! Go check it out! It's a office supply finatics dream come true at cheap prices!!!!

I love the acrylic signs! I use them all of them time!

AJPratt said:
I love the acrylic signs! I use them all of them time!

Do you mean the acrylic sign-holders? I just bought a couple to use for some of the advertising pieces PC has been sending us...right now I have the 30 Minute Chicken flyer in one, and the Trifle Bowl flyer in the other - they look so nice and professional sitting out at my shows!
What do you use yours for?

I got a lap top this year for christmas and it has been GREAT!! I love it!! and for office supplies I don't have a specific addiction it changes from week to week!!
week 1 - pens, highlighters and markers
weeek 2 - index card, sticky notes, colored paper or card stock (to use the
items that you had to have in week 1)
week 3 - paper clips, jaw clips, staples (to use to store the items from week 2 that you had to get to so thatyou could use the items from week 1)
week 4 - portfolio's, folders, files, (used to store the items made from using
the item that you had to have in the proceeding weeks!!
IT IS A VICIOUS CYCLE!!!

I just love it all anything that is funky and fun I love!!!

I am grounded for the next 2 weeks from purchasing any office items!! Apparently my husband doesn't relize that if you stiffle one addition another will surface........SHOES........and......PURSES!!!!!

Heather

I can't believe Jilleysue hasn't jumped on this one yet!!!!!! :p :p :p

hoosierchef said:
I was thinking the same thing. She probably read it and started having hot flashes....!!! LMAO :p

My addiction includes all of the above, plus:

Full-sheet clear labels
Clear address labels

I usually get my highlighter tape at educational stores or teacher supplies type stores. I like the wider style so that I don't have to use 2 strips and then have a seam. It is just so much easier. I found this link on Google for you. http://www.trcabc.com/literacy_tools/hilighter.html
I have not been able to find it at any of the major office supply stores. Robin Shilling is the one that introduced me to it. She gave some to the Directors that invited her to our cluster meeting. She is awesome!!!!!!

MissChef said:
How in the heck did I miss this thread!!!!!! Holy Guacamole:eek: ! I will have to come back down here later today and get into this thread!!!! I SO LOVE OFFICE SUPPLIES!!!!!
Carolyn, do you have those Dollar Stores in Florida? We have Dollar Trees out here in Washington! If you do then go check it out! I got so many cool things of paperclips there! You'd so love them!!!!:D I have checkered ones in all colors, ones with dots, some with stripes! and in all kinds of sizes! They have a pretty cool office supply section! You can get labels there for a buck!!!! Highlighters, and Sharpies!! This is where I use to shop when I was a director and did my pick basket!!! Go check it out! It's a office supply finatics dream come true at cheap prices!!!!

I am in shock that this post is the only one that references SHARPIES....I LOOOOOVE THEM! and post-it's! I use the small ones in my calendar, and then if they rebook, I can move that around.... instead of this highlighter tape stuff that I have never heard of before! ..I also like to put a blank one on the dates that I want to book a show, it is nice to open it up and see the open dates...

And I like...... my paper shredder, 3 hold punch, folders, X-acto knife, good scissors, paper cutter, lots of paper....but can't be scrap loose, has to be in a booklet or pad!

MissChef said:

Yes, we have Dollar Tree - I love it but I find their sticky notes don't stick as well - their stickers and paper clips rock though!! Hey - which wave are you in?

jenniferknapp said:
I am in shock that this post is the only one that references SHARPIES....I LOOOOOVE THEM! and post-it's! I use the small ones in my calendar, and then if they rebook, I can move that around.... instead of this highlighter tape stuff that I have never heard of before! ..I also like to put a blank one on the dates that I want to book a show, it is nice to open it up and see the open dates...

And I like...... my paper shredder, 3 hold punch, folders, X-acto knife, good scissors, paper cutter, lots of paper....but can't be scrap loose, has to be in a booklet or pad!

Oooh yes - my shredder - I loooooooooooooooooooove my shredder!!!

Oh, and I love post its... all kinds of crazy colors!

me too...
AJPratt said:
Oh, and I love post its... all kinds of crazy colors!

....and different sizes, too!! Love 'em! :D

hoosierchef said:

BAHAHAHAHA! I was just about to say. I am sitting at work. How dare you all have this thread with out me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRGGGGHHH!! NO PM, CAROLYN, NO EMAIL. I SHOULD JUST BE MAD!!!

Um nope...Gotta type. Let me just tell you. When I was little. I use to play office. Yup Office. My Fake name use to be Jenna....LOL and I use to play with envelopes and my aunts big calculator and I use to mail stuff...HAHAHAHA. I don't even know what I was doing. But I use to LOVE LOVE LOVE to play office.

So now I am a Compliance Director and love Office Supplies. Ok In my office, I have 3..yes 3 printers. Yes, I am spoiled....kinda helps that my BF owns the company...LOL I love printing STUFF. I have a photo printer, a color printer....ooo that one is sooo much fun and my fast black and white printer. Then at home I have my color/scanner/faxier/copier/printer. I die when one is out of ink or anything. I gotta say that highlighter tape sounds like fun.

Um what else...oooo that new label maker that prints out my stamps...OH MY GOD...I just about have a ....(oh well I won't go that route) Let's just say..when I hit print and that little stamp just prints...HEHEHEHEHE. It is the greatest thing around. JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!

My office at work is the coolest office. Its out back...I have a huge window towards the training room and a back door. Well lets just say,I can hear the delivery trucks. OH YES...and I do mean OFFICE DEPOT>>>>>>HOOORAY!

More on this thread in a minute.....LOL YOU SILLY LITTLE GIRLS....
OF COURSE I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!

Jilleysue said:
BAHAHAHAHA! I was just about to say. I am sitting at work. How dare you all have this thread with out me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRGGGGHHH!! NO PM, CAROLYN, NO EMAIL. I SHOULD JUST BE MAD!!!

Um nope...Gotta type. Let me just tell you. When I was little. I use to play office. Yup Office. My Fake name use to be Jenna....LOL and I use to play with envelopes and my aunts big calculator and I use to mail stuff...HAHAHAHA. I don't even know what I was doing. But I use to LOVE LOVE LOVE to play office.

So now I am a Compliance Director and love Office Supplies. Ok In my office, I have 3..yes 3 printers. Yes, I am spoiled....kinda helps that my BF owns the company...LOL I love printing STUFF. I have a photo printer, a color printer....ooo that one is sooo much fun and my fast black and white printer. Then at home I have my color/scanner/faxier/copier/printer. I die when one is out of ink or anything. I gotta say that highlighter tape sounds like fun.

Um what else...oooo that new label maker that prints out my stamps...OH MY GOD...I just about have a ....(oh well I won't go that route) Let's just say..when I hit print and that little stamp just prints...HEHEHEHEHE. It is the greatest thing around. JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!

My office at work is the coolest office. Its out back...I have a huge window towards the training room and a back door. Well lets just say,I can hear the delivery trucks. OH YES...and I do mean OFFICE DEPOT>>>>>>HOOORAY!

More on this thread in a minute.....LOL YOU SILLY LITTLE GIRLS....
OF COURSE I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!

You are TOO funny!!
I have GOT to check out the label thing - I wanna be able to print my own stamps!!!

I just love the smell of Staples in the morning. (sigh)

AJPratt said:
I just love the smell of Staples in the morning. (sigh)

Okay - the Comeback Post of the day is now up for grabs...my 2 yr old is wondering why mommy is sitting at the computer laughing!:D :D :D

dannyzmom said:
Oooooh - this sounds awesome! What exactly is it? Can you find it on an office supply store webs ite and post a link? It sounds like something I could TOTALLY use!!

I use this technique, too, and I buy mini post-its which are way cheaper. I think the ones she's talking about are like the stickies attorneys use to tab the different sections in a file or the mortgage brokers use the ones that say sign here.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/s0071472_std.jpg

I use these too for my calendar. I use yellow for cooking shows, and red for catalog shows. You can write on the clear part and then move them if a show reschedules. I put them on my open days and any then when a customer wants to book, he/she can see any open days (the "flags" that aren't written on yet). You can find these flags anywhere and can get them on sale too. I got this idea from my director and I really like how it works! In the photo, it looks like there is color on both ends, but in reality, there is only color on one side (which is the end that is not sticky).

rebeccastt said:
http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/s0071472_std.jpg

I use these too for my calendar. I use yellow for cooking shows, and red for catalog shows. You can write on the clear part and then move them if a show reschedules. I put them on my open days and any then when a customer wants to book, he/she can see any open days (the "flags" that aren't written on yet). You can find these flags anywhere and can get them on sale too. I got this idea from my director and I really like how it works! In the photo, it looks like there is color on both ends, but in reality, there is only color on one side (which is the end that is not sticky).
OOOO LOVE THIS, LOVE THIS...ORDER ING NOW

STOP..you guys are enablers....LOL

dannyzmom said:
Yes, we have Dollar Tree - I love it but I find their sticky notes don't stick as well - their stickers and paper clips rock though!! Hey - which wave are you in?
Sorry for the delay, I was gone all day at Walmart, playing in their office supply area! And shopping for everything else under the sun!!! I got my shredder at Walmart about 2-3 weeks ago, I SOOOO LOVE IT!!!! I find excuses to shred everything now!!!:D
Unfortunately, Carolyn, I am in the 3rd wave:( ! I'll fly in on Sunday, unless I can find a better deal on Saturday night. Not sure though cause then I need to find a place to stay!
One cool thing about the wave I'm in, is that my director is in Utah and my Executive is in ID, about 9 hours away from me, and my National Exec. Director is in PA! One of the girls I got along best with at conference, the three years that I attended is in IA!! So I will get see everyone, but what's really, really cool is that my hospitality director and her team will be in Wave 3 also!! So that is very neat!
Maybe we'll see each other before you leave and before I start! hehe!:D

I have to choose?! I like my 3 hole punch, but wish it was just a little bigger. It won't punch a catalog, which I would like...HMM...maybe I should just step out to Staples...
I enjoy my little brother Ptouch labelmaker, I label all my host folders with it! I'm about to label the drawers on my little cart, because I think I finally figured out what to keep where...
Paper, paper, more paper...
Ink Cartridges for aforementioned paper...
Pens
SHARPIES!! (I lost one at a show and was devastated for a month!)
I prefer real pencils to the mechanical ones, which means I MUST have an electric pencil sharpener...I think I need to get one of those, too!

STAPLES, HERE I COME!!!

speedychef said:
I enjoy my little brother Ptouch labelmaker, I label all my host folders with it! I'm about to label the drawers on my little cart, because I think I finally figured out what to keep where...

STAPLES, HERE I COME!!!

I did this - I labeled all my little drawers so now I know where my extra sticky pads are and my ink cartridges and my recognition stickers and my PC stationary and my order forms and my catalog envelopes --- oooooh - I love my office!!!

dannyzmom said:
I did this - I labeled all my little drawers so now I know where my extra sticky pads are and my ink cartridges and my recognition stickers and my PC stationary and my order forms and my catalog envelopes --- oooooh - I love my office!!!
Now that it clean.......;)

chefkristin said:
Now that it clean.......;)

Yeah - it was a bit hairy for a few weeks there but now it's all better :)
Ya gotta cut me some slack - I had bronchitis - LOL (I had enough energy to crap the place up - just not enough to clean it up - LOL)

Highlighter tape and the arrows that mortgage brokers and attorneys use are totally different. This comes on a roll just like scotch tape. It makes things easier.

I think you can buy it at http://www.sportys.com/acb/basket/purchase2.cfm??&DID=19! Pilots use it to highlight their routes on maps! I don't know if $7 for 4 rolls is good or not...

Last edited:
speedychef said:
I think you can buy it at http://www.sportys.com/acb/basket/purchase2.cfm??&DID=19! Pilots use it to highlight their routes on maps! I don't know if $7 for 4 rolls is good or not...

I found it -!!
http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&did=19&product_id=1589

dannyzmom said:
I found it -!!
http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&did=19&product_id=1589

Okay - now I must have it - in every color!!!! I love color coding! One for Cooking shows, Catalog Shows, Fundraisers......ooooh, now I'm excited!

<h2>1. What are your must-haves as an office supply junkie?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, my must-have office supplies include a good quality pen, a planner or notebook for keeping track of appointments and tasks, sticky notes in various sizes for reminders and labeling, a stapler, and a good quality pair of scissors.</p><h2>2. What do you consider to be office supply necessities?</h2><p>In addition to my must-haves, I also consider other office supply necessities to be a hole punch, binder clips, paper clips, a ruler, and a pencil sharpener. These items are essential for organizing and completing various tasks.</p><h2>3. What are your top 5 most frequently used office supplies?</h2><p>My top 5 most frequently used office supplies are my planner, sticky notes, pen, stapler, and scissors. I use these items on a daily basis for planning, note-taking, and organizing.</p><h2>4. Why do you think people become office supply junkies?</h2><p>I believe people become office supply junkies because they enjoy organization and finding the perfect tools for their daily tasks. Some also find joy in collecting and using different types of office supplies, making it a fun hobby.</p><h2>5. What other office supplies do you wish you had as an office supply junkie?</h2><p>As an office supply junkie, I always have my eye on new and innovative office supplies. Some items on my wishlist include a label maker, a whiteboard and markers, a desk organizer, and a laminator. These items would help me stay even more organized and efficient in my work.</p>

1. What are your must-haves as an office supply junkie?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, my must-have office supplies include a good quality pen, a planner or notebook for keeping track of appointments and tasks, sticky notes in various sizes for reminders and labeling, a stapler, and a good quality pair of scissors.

2. What do you consider to be office supply necessities?

In addition to my must-haves, I also consider other office supply necessities to be a hole punch, binder clips, paper clips, a ruler, and a pencil sharpener. These items are essential for organizing and completing various tasks.

3. What are your top 5 most frequently used office supplies?

My top 5 most frequently used office supplies are my planner, sticky notes, pen, stapler, and scissors. I use these items on a daily basis for planning, note-taking, and organizing.

4. Why do you think people become office supply junkies?

I believe people become office supply junkies because they enjoy organization and finding the perfect tools for their daily tasks. Some also find joy in collecting and using different types of office supplies, making it a fun hobby.

5. What other office supplies do you wish you had as an office supply junkie?

As an office supply junkie, I always have my eye on new and innovative office supplies. Some items on my wishlist include a label maker, a whiteboard and markers, a desk organizer, and a laminator. These items would help me stay even more organized and efficient in my work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jkendall
  • hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • Debbie.A.NOC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies