• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ode to My Large Bar Pan and a Smal Vent...

In summary, a woman's beloved bar pan was broken by her husband, who did not apologize for it. She is upset and finds it frustrating that he has not acknowledged his mistake. She also shares a similar experience with her father breaking her Deep Covered Baker. Other women in the conversation sympathize with her and share their own experiences with their husbands not apologizing for breaking things. One woman mentions that the bar pan is on sale this month. Another woman comments on how some men do not understand the importance of a simple apology.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Oh my bar pan how did I love the? We had been together for 6 wonderful years filled with Chocolate chip cookies, Chicken tenders and breakfast braids. You will be dearly missed!

My lovely dear husband.... was washing dishes (I was folding laundry) and decided since there was no room left on the counter for the pan to dry he would place it precariously on top of the other drying dishes. I saw this take place but was trying to be a good wife and not seccond guess him or go behind him and "fix" it. I wanted to trust that he had been careful to place it seccurely. FF 10 minutes. I was in the basement and heard a very loud "CRASH" you guessed it! My bar pan is now in 100 pieces! Worst part.... I have yet to hear an I'm Sory? What the Heck? If I had done this to something of his I would be apologizing up and down. It was all I could do to keep my composure.

Yeah... I'm a bit upset...:mad:

UGH! Gotta grin and bear it I guess. My dad busted my Deep Covered baker the other day doing something equally as stupid.

I am SO sorry to hear this happened...my large round stone w/ handles broke in the oven a few months ago after I had been using it exclusively for a year to get it looking seasoned and I thought I was going to cry..surprised I didn't!

BTW, good job on your husband doing the dishes anyway..I think my dh thinks his hands will burn off if they touch soapy dish water..I haven't seen him wash a dish in years! LOL

You have my condolences.

:( Silly husbands!

It never fails. We are military and move quite a bit. At my last show in Germany before we left for the states I went on and on about my large round stone and I had been using it for over 8 years and I loved it so much and would be lost without it. Yep! You guessed it. Never made the move. Didn't show up when we unpacked here in Jersey. Not that it showed up broken mind you - it didn't show up at all!

My theory? - there is a very happy Italian mover (our movers were Italian, had no clue what they were saying) making perfect pizza on my stone right this minute! I hope he loves it as much as I did.

Broken seasoned stoneware? That's like losing a child!(Don't go get all up in arms way too serious people on here. It's a joke.)

Oh no, I would be a little miffed too.

leftymac said:
Broken seasoned stoneware? That's like losing a child!

(Don't go get all up in arms way too serious people on here. It's a joke.)

Thank you all for your kind words... ;)

And yes Kieth it is like loosing a member of the family :cry:

No I wish I was one of those cool people with an "up in arms" smiley... ;)

Yep, I agree. I would be mad too. An "I'm sorry" would be a must and I would still want to shoot him!:D

did he even clean up the mess? Yeah, he needs to fess-up....and kiss-up...and buy you another one!

The only thing positive I can say Paulette is that is on sale this month. It won't be as good as your seasoned one for a little bit but I am sure you can get it back that way soon. Sorry your DH didn't say I'm sorry. We all know what would have happened if it was some tool of theirs!! I am constantly watching my DH when he goes near my stoneware to make sure he leaves it alone. I would rather wash it myself than trust him with it. He knows that if he helps with the dishes to leave my stoneware alone. I'm afraid he'll put soap on mine. I also tell him not to put it on anything or anything on top of it.

pchefkristin said:
UGH! Gotta grin and bear it I guess. My dad busted my Deep Covered baker the other day doing something equally as stupid.

YIKES!!!!!!! That's an expensive drop. Is he replacing it for you?

I feel your pain....

The good news is its on sale this month!!

Yeah he cleaned it up...

I'm not even so mad about loosing it. It's about not having anything said. No sorry no nothin...

Yes I am thankfull he helps arround the house!

Why are there sooooo many men who don't understand just how far a simple" I'm sorry" will get them?!?!? My DH is the world's worst for apologizing.
Sorry about your stone & sorry your husband hasn't apologized. My DH isn't good at granting many apologies but he IS smart enough to stay FAR AWAY from my stoneware - lol. I think, no - I KNOW - he'd be smart enough to apologize if he ever caused one my stones to break.

I feel your pain!! Time to start all over :eek:

i'm sorry to hear about your stone and DH's insenitivity. i have trained my DH to stay away from stoneware, cookware, and my knives. the only dishes i want him doing are the putting them away kind. same with laundry, but that is another can of worms. at least they are onsale!

letscook04 said:
I feel your pain!! Time to start all over :eek:

On the stone or the husband??? :D

LOL @ darlene!!!

I guess I need to be thankful because my BF is good about appologizing, until now though, I think I took it for granted though. I need to start getting less mad and be more forgiving!

Your hubby may be insensitive and not apologetic, but at least he was washing dishes! ;)

darlinclem said:
on The Stone Or The Husband??? :d

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I feel your pain, dear. My well-seasoned small bar pan fell into the sink last month. The new one just isn't the same at all. But at least it was my own darn fault, so I didn't have to wait for an apology.

leftymac said:
Your hubby may be insensitive and not apologetic, but at least he was washing dishes! ;)

VERY TRUE, lefty has a good point!

I made DH replace one of my stoneware pieces. It was my small round stone. It was sitting in the sink when DH decided to loose his temper and throw a glass into the sink and broke my stone. It was right around when they were discontinuing it! You bet he replaced it and still feels bad about it!

wadesgirl said:
VERY TRUE, lefty has a good point!

I made DH replace one of my stoneware pieces. It was my small round stone. It was sitting in the sink when DH decided to loose his temper and throw a glass into the sink and broke my stone. It was right around when they were discontinuing it! You bet he replaced it and still feels bad about it!

has he thrown anymore glasses or did he learn his lesson?

The kids LOVE to do dishes, I don't mind too much, I might have to rewash half of them, but thats half the dishes I would have had to wash. Plus the floor under this sink is the cleanest part of the kitchen floor from all of the water that spills out! Anyways... they are 3 and 6, the know not to touch the knives because they will cut them... but they ALSO know that if they touch one of my stones, they will die a painful death! Mine are still new and not hardly seasoned, but I DO NOT want to have to replace them!

etteluap70PC said:
Yeah he cleaned it up...

I'm not even so mad about loosing it. It's about not having anything said. No sorry no nothin...

Yes I am thankfull he helps arround the house!

Okay, no offence to the men here, or to many DH's out there, but does he even know how much the stone REALLY meant to you? To him, it may just be a pan and he may not even realize how much you were hurt that he didn't say sorry. Tell him, you may be surprised! :)

candiejayne said:
has he thrown anymore glasses or did he learn his lesson?

Nope! And he better not break my small round stone again as I cannot buy another one (unless I find one on here!).

PChefPEI said:
Okay, no offence to the men here, or to many DH's out there, but does he even know how much the stone REALLY meant to you? To him, it may just be a pan and he may not even realize how much you were hurt that he didn't say sorry. Tell him, you may be surprised! :)

Yes he knows how I feel about my stones... I even said bummer 6 years and perfectly seasoned! Not to mention it was his fault something broke so no matter how personal it was he should have said something!

darlinclem said:
On the stone or the husband??? :D

Bahhh!!

My DH would turn, duck, and run like heck!

1. How long did you have your bar pan and what were some of your favorite uses for it?

I had my bar pan for 6 years and used it for making chocolate chip cookies, chicken tenders, and breakfast braids.

2. What happened to your bar pan?

My husband accidentally placed it on top of other drying dishes and it fell and broke into 100 pieces.

3. Did your husband apologize for breaking your bar pan?

No, he did not apologize and I am upset about it.

4. How did you react to the situation?

I tried to keep my composure, but I was upset and disappointed that my husband did not apologize for breaking something that was important to me.

5. How would you have responded if you had broken something of your husband's?

I would have apologized and tried to make it right, just as I expect my husband to do in this situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
carlajanes
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Renee Anderson
  • Products and Tips