• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Cheese Crisps on the Large Bar Pan

In summary, to make Mexican Cheese Crisps on the Large Bar Pan, preheat the oven to 375°F and line the pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle shredded cheese in a thin layer and bake for 7-9 minutes. You can use any type of shredded cheese, but a blend of Mexican cheeses is recommended. Other toppings can be added before baking, but be sure to avoid overcrowding. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days and reheated in the oven. These crisps can also be made in advance for a party and reheated before serving.
deanna_g
So, I'm making these for the first time for my show on Saturday and I decided to do a trial run. Boy am I glad I did! I did the 24 pieces of cheese on the large bar pan (since I don't have the large round stone) and they all ran together! I guess there's just not enough area on the large bar pan for all of them. So I'm thinking I'll do 2 batches on Saturday with 12 on each batch. Has anyone else had this problem with this recipe?

I did - but when I cut the cheese thinner, then it was fine.

Actually, my last host had natural cheese slices (like the packaged deli slices) because she couldn't find marbled block cheese - and those worked GREAT! I stacked 4 of them together, and sliced them into 6 pieces. I think this is what I'll recommend from now on. All of the crackers came out perfect that way!

I just made these as a test run myself, on the LBP for the same reason. I did cut them thinner, and some of them did run. HOWEVER, after they cooled, I was able to cut them apart easily with the mini serving spatula. It was my first use of the avocado peeler and it was fabulous!

1. How do I make Mexican Cheese Crisps on the Large Bar Pan?

To make Mexican Cheese Crisps on the Large Bar Pan, preheat your oven to 375°F. Line the Large Bar Pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle shredded cheese in a thin layer on the parchment paper, leaving some space between each pile of cheese. Bake for 7-9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.

2. Can I use any type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese for this recipe. We recommend using a blend of Mexican cheeses like cheddar, Monterey Jack, and queso quesadilla for an authentic flavor. However, feel free to experiment with your favorite cheese blend!

3. Can I add other toppings to the cheese crisps?

Yes, you can add other toppings to the cheese crisps before baking. Some popular options include diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, black beans, and diced avocado. Just be sure to keep the toppings in an even layer and avoid overcrowding the cheese crisps.

4. How do I store leftovers?

If you have any leftover cheese crisps, let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep for 2-3 days. To reheat, place them back on the Large Bar Pan and bake in the oven at 375°F for a few minutes until heated through.

5. Can I make these in advance for a party?

Yes, you can make these Mexican Cheese Crisps in advance for a party. Simply follow the recipe as directed, then let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container. When ready to serve, reheat them in the oven at 375°F for a few minutes until warmed through. They are a great make-ahead appetizer option!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• deanna_g
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
deanna_g
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • JaimeAnnR
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies