• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

October Fundraiser Question--Please Help

In summary, the local office for HWC can't find the check that was cut 2 weeks ago for a Breast Cancer Specific fundraiser and the team won't be credited for it.
cheftiffany
Ok I am freaking out a little bit. I had a repeat host do a fundraiser for me in October--to get the most out of it I turned it into a HWC show. Well we were doing it for her Relay for Life Team and now they aren't getting credit. I called HO (3 weeks ago) and they said well we already cut the check but we could maybe switch the fundraiser to a regular fundraiser but it would reduce it by about $200. SO I called the local ACS liaison and they have been trying to help me. Well they can't find the check. So I called back today and got through to the marketing coordinator for HWC. She was very nice but now I am a little more confused and almost think I am stuck. She basically said that the Relay for Life event is run by volunteers and not a Breast Cancer Specific event so we (PC) can't do anything with it. They just cut the check about 2 weeks ago which might explain why the local office can't find it.

Anyway I don't know what to do. The team probably won't get credit for it and I don't have the money to just make a donation. I will most likely lose this business and its 30 customers. They did two shows with me last year both over $1800.
How do I make the phone call to tell her I screwed up and now her team won't get credit for that money?
What do I do?

if it was a HWC fundraiser, no check gets cut for the specific fundraiser. It goes into the big HWC pot and PC gives it to ACS as a lump sum donation. You can write a letter stating that the fundraiser earned $xxx and it was already donated to ACS. But there will be no physical check to track with their info on it.

I knew it would go into the general fund and even talked to the host about it but I guess I didn't make myself clear. She called really upset that they haven't gotten credit. Now I am not sure what to do.
There is a person at HO that is helping me and said she just called her contact at ACS to see what can be done. So that is a little beacon of hope.

They don't get credit unless YOU send them a letter. PC doesn't keep track of it or provide any notification at all.

They said the letter won't be enough. They expect that the money is here locally not at national so she can't get credit unless they can get that portion of the money to come from their national. She said that is possible if they can find the check from PC but as it turns out I don't think ACS has cashed it yet and if they have they haven't entered it into thier national database.
Have you had success with just submitting a letter?

If they needed a check cut to their local office, then it should have been a separate fundraiser, not an HWC one.

Related to October Fundraiser Question--Please Help

1. What is the October fundraiser for Pampered Chef?

The October fundraiser for Pampered Chef is an annual event where we partner with a charity organization to raise funds for a good cause.

2. How does the October fundraiser work?

During the month of October, for every purchase made through a Pampered Chef party or individual order, a portion of the sales will be donated to the chosen charity organization. This allows our customers to support a good cause while shopping for their favorite Pampered Chef products.

3. Which charity organization is Pampered Chef partnering with this year for the October fundraiser?

This year, we are proud to partner with XYZ charity organization for our October fundraiser. This organization focuses on XYZ cause and we are excited to support their efforts through our fundraiser.

4. How can I get involved in the October fundraiser?

There are a few ways to get involved in the October fundraiser. You can host a Pampered Chef party and invite friends and family to shop for a cause. You can also make an individual purchase through a Pampered Chef consultant. Lastly, you can spread the word and encourage others to participate in the fundraiser.

5. Will I still be able to earn host rewards or discounts during the October fundraiser?

Yes, you will still be able to earn host rewards or discounts during the October fundraiser. However, please note that the portion of the sales that will be donated to the charity organization will not count towards your host rewards or discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
3girls
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tys1031