• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a HWC Fundraiser to Benefit Relay for Life Teams

In summary, the HWC fundraisers go to the American Cancer Society and the Relay for Life teams get the money. You can sell the HWC products and help ACS with the fundraiser.
ChefMoore
As a new consultant, this will be the first year I am doing HWC shows. It is my understanding that when you host a HWC Fundraiser in May that the money goes to HWC and the ACS. However, I was thinking about offering the HWC shows to the Relay for Life teams in my area to help with thier fundraising. Is there a way that I can offer these shows and products to Relay for Life teams in a way that they will recieve the proceeds to help meet thier fundraising goals?

Thanks for the info in advance. I really appreciate all of the help and information I have gotten on Chef Success!

You enter them in as a regular fundraiser, they just don't get the added benefits as a fundraiser for ACS.

You would signify the fundraiser as for the Relay for Life (talk to the group about what you would call it, address, etc.) NOT HWC on your P3 program.

You can certainly sell the HWC products, thus helping the ACS along with the Relay for Life group.

If you mark a fundraiser "HWC" on P3 or PP it automatically goes to the ACS.

BethCooks4U said:
You would signify the fundraiser as for the Relay for Life (talk to the group about what you would call it, address, etc.) NOT HWC on your P3 program.

You can certainly sell the HWC products, thus helping the ACS along with the Relay for Life group.

If you mark a fundraiser "HWC" on P3 or PP it automatically goes to the ACS.

You explained it alot better than I did!

HWC vs. RFLI'm very big into the Relay for Life as well - when you put the fundraiser info into PP+ or whichever you have the check does need to be made out to the American Cancer Society though - it gets mailed to the host and then they bring it into their ACS office to have it count towards their team's goals.
Before I became a consultant I hosted 3 RFL fundraisers for my team - that's actually what led me to become a consultant!

Can't the check be made out to the chairperson, who then donates to the American Cancer Society with the money they raise for RFL?

HO will not write a FR check to an individual, it must be written to an organization (whatever you put in the Organization field in PP/P3).

So then you enter it as "Relay for Life" or "American Cancer Society"? Because what if you have multiple Relay for Life teams doing fundraisers? How do you distinguish them? or does it matter?

Obviously this will be my first year for HWC!!

If you click the HWC button HO sends it to the address they have and it's counted in the total that we raise for HWC. If you want it to go to a particular branch of the ACS or to a Relay group you need to say the name of the branch as the "organization" and provide their address. Again, you would not check the HWC box when setting up the fundraiser.

Checks for the Relay must always say American Cancer Society - when the chairperson drops them off at their local ACS office they can specify how much was for each team's goal (I'm on the Relay for Life committee up here).

Okay... I've not done one of these either yet but I'm talking with a couple RLF groups and I'm getting confuse now. Are you saying that you CAN do the HWC fundraiser for a particular team with the higher amount from HO or not? And where is the most concise info about these found so that I don't keep bugging all of you with questions that are already answered somewhere else? Sorry in advance! :)

If you want the fundraiser to count toward a group's individual goal, then you CANNOT set it up as a HWC fundraiser, with the higher percentages. All HWC FRs are paid directly to ACS by HO, and the team will not be able to take credit. You can, however, offer a fundraiser during May, so that guests can purchase the pink items. The purchase price of the pink items will count toward the fundraiser, just like regular products. The $1 per item will be directed to ACS by HO, and is completely separate from the FR.

So, it is my understanding is that if a specific Relay for Life team wanted to do a Fundraiser specifically for thier team, they could...they would just have to do it as a regular fundraiser with the regular percentages. The check would then come to the chairperson of the Relay for Life team. You would just have to make sure the fundraiser is listed under the Relay for Life team and NOT Help Whip Cancer.

Thank you chef ann. i have been asked to do a FR for a school's RFL team. Any suggestions. It's my first one and I am new at this.

You've got it, Chefmoore!

1. What is a HWC Fundraiser?

A HWC Fundraiser is a way for Pampered Chef consultants to give back to their communities by hosting cooking parties and donating a portion of the sales to a chosen charity or cause. In this case, the cause is Relay for Life teams.

2. How does hosting a HWC Fundraiser benefit Relay for Life teams?

When you host a HWC Fundraiser, a percentage of the sales from the party will be donated to Relay for Life teams. This helps these teams raise funds for cancer research, patient support, and advocacy.

3. Can anyone host a HWC Fundraiser to benefit Relay for Life teams?

Yes, anyone can host a HWC Fundraiser! Whether you are a Pampered Chef consultant, a Relay for Life team member, or simply someone who wants to make a difference, you can host a fundraiser and contribute to this important cause.

4. How do I get started with hosting a HWC Fundraiser?

The first step is to contact a Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in hosting a HWC Fundraiser to benefit Relay for Life teams. They will work with you to set a date, plan the party, and make sure everything runs smoothly.

5. Are there any incentives for hosting a HWC Fundraiser for Relay for Life teams?

Yes, there are incentives for both the host and the consultant. The host will receive free products based on the party sales, and the consultant will earn commission on the sales and have the opportunity to earn bonus rewards for hosting a fundraiser for a good cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg