• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Sure What to Do About This Hostess

In summary, if the past host has an order that gets put on the show with the pitcher, the past host would get the discount card.
jenniferlynne
Ok. Here is the story. Shirley had a show and Jennifer (not me) booked off her. Jennifer had her show today and Shirley ordered the Family-Size Quick-Stir pitcher for 60% just like she was entitled to do. However, Jennifer only had about $100 in sales. I know that's not a qualifying show, so does Shirley still get the pitcher? I have another show open I could add the orders to, but then Shirley wouldn't get the pitcher at all would she?

you could just add enough from one show to make the other one $150.

just make sure you remember who's order belongs to who and have the order ship to you. That way you will be the one sorting the orders

The only host's show that you can add the booking bonus/host special to is the one that was booked from that original show. Does that make sense? I would just encourage the host that only has $100 in sales to gather more outside orders to get to $150. That way she has a show, gets a little bit for free and a discount. Otherwise the original host loses out on her booking bonus. Maybe that will motivate the host to round up more orders! Good luck.

I say go with Becky's response--the host will probably not want u to have to call the past host and say she's not getting the pitcher at 60% off:D

Well, the hostess told me she was done. She said she didn't want to take up outside orders. It was a kids party that she had at the daycare where she takes her daughter. She said she didn't care at all about getting anything free and just wanted to have it so the kids could get together one last time because the lady that owns it is quitting (it's in her home). I told her I would maybe see if I could get some orders to add to it and she told me not to bother and to just turn it in. So, if it's not at least $150, does that mean Shirley doesn't get the pitcher? If that is the case, I may just add a few things on myself.

I'd just throw it all on the other hosts show and use the discount to get the other lady her pitcher--u may have to spend a few bucks more --or if those orders get the other host to the next level--take it for free and give the host the rest of the free stuff??!!

sounds good to me:D

I actually did think of that because Shirley and "the other host" are sister-in-laws so I'm sure she wouldn't care. Only thing is I'm not sure if Jennifer will be upset about not getting a hostess discount card. I guess since she really didn't care about the party in the first place she probably won't. I can just tell her she only gets one if the show qualifies.

Tell her if she orders thru you she can have 10% off --then put it in under her SIL's name--if she even ever orders again??!!:D

Or make it a co-host deal--but she is just on there to get the 10% card--nothing else

If it's a cohost deal, then the past host discount would still apply,right, which would solve the problem? But is there a past host for the "other show." If that's the case, can her past host get an item too? Can there be 2 past hosts for 2 co-hosts? Hmmm.

Nope, sorry. Only one current host and one past host can get the host special. Only 2 total per show.

Would she be motivated to collect enough for it to count as a show if they host benefits were given to the retiring daycare lady that everyone loves so much and the party was for?

I'd just throw it on the one show and be done with it--obviously she's not motivated--move on..:D

well if she has a $100 order and the pitcher gets put on it, that's another $7.80 added on to the show, is the past host going to order anything besides the pitcher?

with the pitcher added on, you only need to get $42.20 in more orders which shouldn't be to hard to get if the past host orders something, you should only have to come up with 1 or maybe 2 more orders to get to the $150. That way, the lady could get a 10% off card, but the way it sounds like she doesn't care about it.

Related to Not Sure What to Do About This Hostess

1. What should I do if my hostess is not sure how to invite guests?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to guide your hostess in the right direction. You can suggest sending out personalized invitations through email or social media, or even creating a Facebook event. Encourage your hostess to reach out to her friends and family personally to invite them to the party.

2. How can I help my hostess who is nervous about hosting a party?

Remind your hostess that hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and easy way to get together with friends and family. Offer to help her with party planning and give her tips on how to make the party a success. You can also offer to do a practice party with her beforehand to ease any nerves.

3. What if my hostess is unsure about what products to feature at the party?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are the expert on our products. Offer to make product recommendations based on your hostess's interests and needs. You can also suggest looking through the catalog together or watching a product demonstration video to help her decide.

4. How can I support my hostess if she is unsure about hosting a virtual party?

Virtual parties are a great way to connect with friends and family from the comfort of your own home. Assure your hostess that you will be there to guide her through the virtual party process. You can also offer to do a test run with her before the actual party to make sure she feels comfortable.

5. What should I do if my hostess is unsure about the party theme or decorations?

Encourage your hostess to keep it simple and focus on showcasing the products. You can suggest a basic color scheme or theme that aligns with the season or holiday. You can also offer to bring some of your own Pampered Chef products to use as decorations for the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • chefcharity
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • babywings76