• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Pampered Chef Related - Beef Kjerky Recipes?

In summary, the conversation was about making beef jerky for Christmas. The suggestion was made to buy London broil and cut it against the grain, using a vario slicer. The recommended jerky cure and seasoning mixes can be found at sporting goods stores for under $10. A simple and delicious recipe for homemade beef jerky was also shared, which involves marinating and baking thin strips of beef with a combination of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, and various spices. The jerky can be stored for up to 2 weeks and can be customized with different flavors.
redsoxgirl
I've decided I'm going to try making some beef jerky for my hubby for Christmas.

Does anyone have any tried and true recipes they could share? :chef:

not really a recipe but a great product
buy London broil freeze it (not solid) cut it against the grain
We still use our old vario slicer for this from 14 years ago (its still my favorite slicer use it daily for something)
find the Hi Mountain jerky cure & seasoning mixes (we have used them for years)
they have over a dozen flavors pepperoni, hickory, pepper, teriyaki etc.
We purchase them at the sporting goods stores
academy, Cabellas, Bass Pro Shop etc
they are under $10 a mix I think well worth the $$
you won't be disappointed

Sure! Here's a simple and delicious recipe for homemade beef jerky:Ingredients:- 2 lbs lean beef (such as top round or eye of round)- 1/4 cup soy sauce- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce- 2 tablespoons honey- 1 teaspoon garlic powder- 1 teaspoon onion powder- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)Instructions:1. Start by slicing the beef into thin strips, about 1/4 inch thick. You can do this by hand with a sharp knife, or use a meat slicer for more even cuts.2. In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper (if using).3. Add the beef strips to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Cover the bowl and let the beef marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.4. Preheat your oven to 175°F (80°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.5. Remove the beef strips from the marinade and pat them dry with paper towels. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between each strip.6. Bake the beef strips in the oven for 3-4 hours, or until they are dry and chewy. You can check for doneness by bending a strip - it should bend slightly without breaking.7. Once the jerky is done, let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container or ziplock bag. It will keep for up to 2 weeks at room temperature, or longer if stored in the fridge.Enjoy your homemade beef jerky as a tasty and protein-packed snack! You can also experiment with different seasonings or marinades to find your favorite flavor combination. Happy snacking!

1. Can you recommend a beef jerky recipe that is low in sodium?

Yes, our Teriyaki Beef Jerky recipe is a great option for those looking to reduce their sodium intake. It uses coconut aminos, which have significantly less sodium than soy sauce, and also includes apple cider vinegar and honey for added flavor.

2. Are there any beef jerky recipes that are suitable for those with food allergies?

Absolutely! Our Spicy Citrus Beef Jerky recipe is gluten-free and can easily be made dairy-free by omitting the Worcestershire sauce. You can also substitute the soy sauce for tamari to make it soy-free as well.

3. Can I use any type of beef for these recipes?

Yes, you can use any type of lean beef for these recipes. We recommend using lean cuts like top round, eye of round, or sirloin for the best results.

4. How long does homemade beef jerky last?

If stored properly in an airtight container or vacuum-sealed bag, homemade beef jerky can last for up to 2 weeks at room temperature or up to 3 months in the refrigerator.

5. Can I make beef jerky in the oven?

Yes, you can make beef jerky in the oven. The process is similar to using a dehydrator, but the temperature and cooking time may vary. We recommend following a recipe specifically designed for oven-made beef jerky for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
Replies