• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Not Asking Is an Automatic No..."

In summary, it is important to remind yourself to ask everyone before booking a show, and to give yourself a chance to get a yes or maybe.
bethsbiz
Gold Member
This phrase was on a training tape that I listened to a few months back. It really hit home cause I have LONG been relucatant to "ask everyone". But this phrase helps my brain connect the dots and the more I've been asking, the more success I've gotten.

Case in point, I did a show this week where I was being observed by a hospitality consultant of mine. She's been in the biz for 2 years, has a solid show schedule, etc. Because I wanted to be on my game for her visit, I reminded myself before and during the show that I needed to ask everyone to book a show, or for more info on the biz.

I missed the first few who threw their orders at me and raced to the yummy food. But, the remaining 8 people I did ask. 2 were already committed to a party but 2 who had checked no on their door prize slip changed to yes, just not right now....maybe November! Jeepers! I also have 2 solid recruit leads because I asked!

These would NOT have been leads for me to followup up on if I had just used the door prize slip.

So...not asking IS an automatic no. Repeat that to yourself before each show; type it up on a card to remind yourself during a show. Then, give yourself a chance to get a yes or maybe and just ASK! :)

I LOVE that thought process....must keep it as my mantra! Thank you:)

That is so true! My DH always tells me that when I don't want to make my calls & sometimes it's hard to hear. But you're right! My goal now is to not only ask everyone if they would like to have a show, but if they have ever thought of our opportunity.

This was a very hard lesson for me when one day I was at our cluster meeting - this was back before I had ANY peopl eon my team. My Director was doing recognition and welcomed a new consultant to our team, recruited by one of the other directprs on our team. She said "Welcome to Erica, recruited by Kim..."

I about fainted.
Erika - was a past hostess of mine.
When I did her show, I never ONCE mentioned that there was even a business opportunity to be had! So, a few months later when Erica decided she wanted to do what I do, she called HO and was HO lead given to this director Kim!!! Kim had no idea about me and when she found out she was all apologetic - but she had nothing to apoligize for - it was MY fault!!!!

Boy was that a bitter pill to swallow...a hard lesson learned - but you can bet your bippy I do my best to not let that happen again!

When I was a Host for my now Director, she had put information in my host packet about the opportunity, but never asked me about the business. When I booked six shows from mine by calling friends, she still hadn't mentioned the business. It was her husband that told my husband, that I should be doing this. My director had not asked because I was a full-time teacher. She didn't think I would want to do PC. PC has filled a need for me. I'm talking to adults and getting recognition I do not get as a teacher. We must always remember that the business can meet the need for many people. Just ask! My Director is glad her husband ask, because I'm her top recruit! I work full-time and do PC.

I also work fulltime and do PC on the side. I'm an accountant and am very busy all year long, but extremely busy at tax time. How do you do it with working full time. I also have a daughter who is a cheerleader and she has one or two games and practices each week when football season starts; this is in addition to gymnastics one night a week. I try to fit in calls to customer and try to get in some booking calls but sometimes I end up going for several days doing nothing. Any suggestions as to how to make it all happen without going crazy. I love the PC business and haven't been in it long but finding the extra time to get it all done is overwhelming at times. Just wondered how other people kept themselves organized and on track.

pamperedcheermom said:
I also work fulltime and do PC on the side. I'm an accountant and am very busy all year long, but extremely busy at tax time. How do you do it with working full time. I also have a daughter who is a cheerleader and she has one or two games and practices each week when football season starts; this is in addition to gymnastics one night a week. I try to fit in calls to customer and try to get in some booking calls but sometimes I end up going for several days doing nothing. Any suggestions as to how to make it all happen without going crazy. I love the PC business and haven't been in it long but finding the extra time to get it all done is overwhelming at times. Just wondered how other people kept themselves organized and on track.

Make calls while you are waiting for your daughter at practices/games. Make a list of about 10 people you want to contact the night before so it is ready to go when you are.

Sandi,Sarah had a great idea- use those times that may not conflict with your family. I have three kids and work full-time as a teacher. Organization is the key to this business. You can find yourself not getting a lot done when things aren't planned out. I will dedicate just 20 minutes each night to phone calls. It doesn't take much time away and gets results. I'm very organized with my business. I use Pampered Partner calendar daily! Anything I want to do I record as a task. This keeps me accountable. If I don't get to a task, PP keeps that task on my list until I have completed it. I also get me kids involved. To make sure they are getting me time, I will have even the 3 year old stamp things for me, and my 7 year old put together packets. I will set up host packets one month ahead. When I go back to work next week, I will be relying on the great support I get from my husband. There's a great sheet I keep on my bulletin board that came from the "Step up to Director program", it is called Make your time count! It organizes your time by personal business, paperwork and support. When you schedule your business, you will find time. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the responses! I really like this website. It's very helpful. OK, yesterday afternoon I sat down and made a list of people to call or e-mail about bookings. I called several (some didn't answer) and I e-mailed several others. I've received a few responses today but all three basically gave me the same answer "I'm really busy right now........Maybe later in the Fall......etc.". OK, I know it's to be expected. I haven't heard from everybody I contacted so I'll follow up over the next couple of days.
My next question............I can think of a few people I could call but I haven't seen or spoken to them in over 5 years. One is an ex sister-in-law! How can you call somebody you haven't called in that long and ask them to do a show? I'm sure they think "ok you haven't called me for over 5 years and you call wanting something?". I would say the same thing myself if they were to call me. How do you get past that? How do I even start the conversation with somebody I haven't seen or talked to in years. They'll figure out that the main reason I'm calling is to get them to book a show.

Related to "Not Asking Is an Automatic No..."

What does "Not Asking Is an Automatic No" mean?

"Not Asking Is an Automatic No" is a phrase used to encourage individuals to take action and ask for what they want. It means that if you don't ask for something, the answer will automatically be no. By asking, you have a chance of getting a yes.

How can I apply "Not Asking Is an Automatic No" in my business?

To apply "Not Asking Is an Automatic No" in your business, you should always be proactive and ask for what you want. This could be asking for a sale, asking for a promotion, or asking for feedback from your customers. Don't be afraid to ask, as the worst answer you can get is a no.

What are the benefits of following "Not Asking Is an Automatic No"?

Following "Not Asking Is an Automatic No" can lead to increased confidence, better communication skills, and more opportunities. By asking for what you want, you are taking control of your own success and not relying on others to give it to you. Additionally, you may be surprised at how many times you get a yes when you ask.

How can I overcome the fear of asking?

The fear of asking can be overcome by practicing and building confidence. Start small by asking for simple things, and gradually work your way up to bigger requests. Remember that the worst answer is a no, and even if you do get a no, it is not a reflection of your worth. Believe in yourself and your abilities to ask for what you want.

Is "Not Asking Is an Automatic No" applicable in personal relationships?

Yes, "Not Asking Is an Automatic No" can be applied in personal relationships as well. By communicating openly and asking for what you want, you can strengthen your relationships and avoid misunderstandings. Remember to listen and be respectful of the other person's answer, whether it is a yes or a no.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Paigeskylar1783
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1234blessed