• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asking a Longtime Friend/Co-Worker for Host Benefits: Is it OK?

In summary, it is not appropriate to ask a friend or co-worker if you can use their host benefits for yourself, as it goes against the contract. While some hosts may choose to gift their benefits to others, it is important to respect their decision and not put them in an uncomfortable position. As a consultant, it is important to follow the rules and maintain the integrity of the business. Instead of asking for the host benefits, consider hosting a party for your friend and earning the benefits that way. Thank you for bringing this up and I hope this clarifies any confusion.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
Let's say a host is a good friend of yours/co-worker for 20 years...
She decides she doesn't need to purchase a host special.
If you wanted one, would you ask her if you could use the benefit for yourself and pay for it yourself?
Or is this addressed in the contract as a no-no? (can you tell I didn't read the whole thing?) ;)

No, it is not a no-no. Some people don't think it's the right thing to do, but if your friend is OK with it, and you want it, I say go for it.

It is a no-no but many, many people do it anyway. The host benefits are for the hosts. They are an incentive for them to share the catalog with their friends, invite them to the party, make those phone calls...That being said, many hosts gift some of their benefits to others and even offer them to the consultant. The host can do what she wants. I will say that if you are thinking of asking her if you can use it be sure that she absolutely doesn't want it. You don't want her to think you are taking it from her....if you asked HO if it was ok they would say absolutely no.

I usually have her offer it to one of her good friends or a good guest that bought alot of items from her show.

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I completely understand your dilemma. While it may be tempting to ask your friend/co-worker if you can use the host special for yourself, it is important to remember that it is against the contract to use host benefits for personal purchases. I know it can be easy to overlook certain details in the contract, but it is important to follow the rules to maintain the integrity of our business. Instead, you could always offer to help your friend/co-worker by hosting a party for them and earning the host special that way. Thank you for bringing this up and I hope this helps clarify any confusion. Have a great day!

What exactly are host benefits?

Host benefits are rewards that a host receives for hosting a Pampered Chef party. These benefits can include free products, discounts, and even exclusive items that are only available to hosts. The value of the host benefits increases with the total sales from the party, so the more your friends and co-workers shop, the more benefits you receive!

Is it appropriate to ask a longtime friend or co-worker to host a party?

Yes, it is absolutely appropriate to ask a longtime friend or co-worker to host a Pampered Chef party. In fact, hosting a party is a great way for them to try out our products in a fun and social setting, and they will also receive host benefits for their generosity.

Will my friend or co-worker feel pressured to host a party if I ask them for host benefits?

No, not at all. Our hosts are under no obligation to host a party, and we always encourage them to only do so if they are interested and able to. We value our relationships with our hosts and want them to feel comfortable and excited about hosting a party.

What if my friend or co-worker declines to host a party?

That is completely okay. It is ultimately their decision whether or not to host a party, and we respect their choice. If they decline, you can still offer to share our catalog with them or invite them to attend a future party as a guest.

How can I approach my friend or co-worker about hosting a party without making them feel uncomfortable?

You can simply let them know that you work for Pampered Chef and that you really believe in our products. Explain that hosting a party is a fun and easy way for them to try out our products and also receive some great host benefits. Let them know that there is no pressure and that you value your relationship with them regardless of their decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jackie7
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224