• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asking for a HWC without offending

monica_sweetconsultant

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Jul 23, 2005
Hey everyone,

I have a lady that I go to church with that is a breast cancer survivor. I have known her for years. I was thinking about asking her to maybe do a fundraiser since she was a survivor but not sure how to approach her without sounding callous or greedy. she knows I sell PC. she came and stayed for a little while at one of my shows but has never placed an order and refuses to have a cooking show. she did a PL show one time and the lady almost caught her carpet on fire. since then she doesnt do home parties. how would all of you go about approaching her? I know the best way to do it is just ask but this is a sensitive subject for some!! thanks

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
Monica,

I just made one of these calls to a woman from church! She was diagnosed last fall and is doing great.

When I started my biz last summer, I had called her to host and she said no.

This is how our call went:
Hi Donna, I know when I talked to you a while back about hosting a show, you weren't interested. Well, I wanted to tell you about what is going on in May. For the 7th year, we are commemorating our Help Whip Cancer month. We have special products available in the month of May only (describe host and guest specials) and for each one purchased, $1 is donated to ACS. Last year we raised $1 million. (pause) How does that sound to you?

Of course, I left spaces for her to respond and she sounded interested. I pointed out that it was a really easy way to help raise some money for a good cause. She said she would put out some feelers and see what her friends thought.

I asked her--if she were to have a party, which day of the week would work for her. She said Thursday and I told her I had only two Thursdays open on my calendar. I think that lit a fire under her a little.

We're supposed to touch base next week.

I was shaking the whole time, but it went really well!

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
co host

Perhaps you could suggest holding it at the church instead of at her house. You and she could co-host so that you could invite all sorts of people from church. Also, the idea of doing a fundraiser might appeal to her. Some people just don't care about the stuff so need another motive. Is she walking in relay for life or on the board of some organization that she is passionate about? This is how I got my mom to do a party (of course guilting her helped)...BEE

monica_sweetconsultant

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Jul 23, 2005
I had thought about co hosting it and then seeing if she wanted to carry a catalog around with her for a couple of weeks to get more orders. I might talk to her tonight since I will see her at drama practice. thanks for the tips.