• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non Pampered Chef Recipes for the Deep Cover Baker

In summary, the conversation is about different recipes that can be cooked using a DCB (Deep Covered Baker), aside from the official PC (Pampered Chef) recipes. This includes a recipe booklet with oven and microwave recipes, and a non-PC recipe for High Temperature Eye-of-Round Roast. There is also a discussion about following recipe instructions and not altering them, and using the lid or not when cooking in the DCB. The conversation also mentions cooking a ham in the DCB, and using it for everyday cooking.
kittychef
Other than PC recipes, what other things do you guys cook on your DCB?

Thanks!

There's a huge recipe booklet in the files here. It's full of recipes from fellow consultants and most are not official recipes from PC. There's oven recipes and microwave ones, main dish to desserts.

yes, that recipe book is awesome. I just found it the other day!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
One of my all time Non-PC recipes for the DCB:

(I make this a couple times a month. My neighbor does it at least once a week for her beef-loving husband!)

High Temperature Eye-of-Round Roast Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I just had to comment because I was reading some of the reviews on this recipe (I'm weird like that) and this one gal said:
I did exactly what the cooking instructions said and when there was still an hour and 20 min. left on my timer, the internal temp. was 145...after about 10 the temp started dropping, it never reached the suggested temp of 160.

Um, it tells you in the directions DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR! You did not follow the directions as said and of course it didn't turn out.

wadesgirl said:
I just had to comment because I was reading some of the reviews on this recipe (I'm weird like that) and this one gal said:

Um, it tells you in the directions DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR! You did not follow the directions as said and of course it didn't turn out.

I LOVE allrecipes.com because I can read the reviews. :)

And I hate it when people don't follow the directions or alter the recipe, and then rate it poorly. When they do that, they aren't rating the recipe, they are rating their own stupid choices. :grumpy:

My mom and I just cooked a ham in the DCB in the microwave for xmas! it turned out amazing! 15 mins in the microwave!

ChefBeckyD said:
One of my all time Non-PC recipes for the DCB:

(I make this a couple times a month. My neighbor does it at least once a week for her beef-loving husband!)

High Temperature Eye-of-Round Roast Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I can't wait to try this Becky! It sounds so awesome!
My question to you is do you put the lid on the DCB??
It says to cook it uncovered.....so do you just put the meat in the baker, minus the lid and follow the directions?

abigailhutch said:
I can't wait to try this Becky! It sounds so awesome!
My question to you is do you put the lid on the DCB??
It says to cook it uncovered.....so do you just put the meat in the baker, minus the lid and follow the directions?
Yes! I follow the directions exactly as written - it makes the best roast! My hubby says it's just like prime rib!**Note - this is not a Pot Roast...it's a roast that you slice. No gravy, really. I usually serve it with roasted vegetables and a rice pilaf. It's a favorite of our family!

Oooh a ham! I never thought about a ham!
Thanks ladies! I have a host who really wants one but she wants everyday uses for it =)

1. Can I use my own recipes with the Deep Cover Baker?

Yes, absolutely! The Deep Cover Baker can be used with any recipe that requires baking in an oven. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature according to your recipe's instructions.

2. Are there any special instructions for using non-Pampered Chef recipes with the Deep Cover Baker?

No, the process for using non-Pampered Chef recipes is the same as using Pampered Chef recipes. Simply follow the instructions for preheating and placing the ingredients in the baker, and adjust the cooking time and temperature as needed.

3. Can I use frozen or pre-packaged meals in the Deep Cover Baker?

Yes, you can use frozen or pre-packaged meals in the Deep Cover Baker. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature based on the instructions on the packaging.

4. Can I use my own baking dish with the Deep Cover Baker?

Yes, you can use your own baking dish with the Deep Cover Baker. Simply place the dish in the baker and follow the instructions for preheating and cooking time provided by your recipe.

5. Are there any types of recipes that cannot be used with the Deep Cover Baker?

The Deep Cover Baker is not suitable for recipes that require frying, grilling, or stovetop cooking. It is specifically designed for baking in the oven. Also, recipes with a lot of liquid or broth may not work well in the baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • blushy4u