• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Need for Eye Creams: What Do You Think?

In summary, the content discusses how it can be hard to balance director expectations and life. It also discusses how some consultants feel that their directors do not do enough to support them.
DebPC
Staff member
I recently heard there is no need for eye creams. That moisturizer is moisturizer and theres no need for a special one for around the eyes.
I've had trouble with some irritating my eyes when i put it on my lids.
What do you think?

I have heard that too. The skin is very sensitive under your eyes so you would also have to use a moisturizer that is for sensitive skin. I do and most work ok under my eyes.

Consultants vs. Directors - Director's Not Doing Enough for Them...I'm posting this here because I didn't want to post it on CS and get a new one chewed by some of the participants over there! ;)

I just get so frustrated with the posts about "My director doesn't contact me enough" or "My director doesn't do enough" AND "She's earning money off of me!"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

It sometimes feels to me that we as Directors are put in a category that we are not allowed to have lives or businesses of our own and that our only job is to be available 24/7 in case a consultant needs us! And if we're not available when they call, we are the most horrible directors out there!!!!

How do we create a happy balance?

I do feel for some of these consultants because when I first started PC, I had ZERO communication with my director and then she ended up snubbing me at NC when I did finally meet her. So when I signed up again (I had been inactive just 12 months!) I really wanted a local director who I could be in touch with and we all know how that worked out! :eek:

So is there a good response to those who are always complaining that their directors don't do enough? I'm sure that their complaints are valid (at least I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt) but I hate the way it comes across sometimes... and I feel that it sometimes reflects on directors as a whole and then makes some NOT want to promote because directorship looks like a huge pain!

Or am I just being overly sensitive this morning? :confused:

It is hard to balance all the director expectations our team has for us and our own life. I too have had issues with my director and I want to be who I wanted her to be.

We need to be there to help our team but setting limits is a fine line it seems.

I have made myself too available to my consultants in the past and they have said that they don't want to promote because it's too much work.

So now I have changed things up a bit. They have been told my office hours. I answer the phone during that time and when it's convenient to me and return other calls as soon as I can.

That has helped a lot. I now have a second future director.

bethcooks4u said:
I now have a second future director.

That's so awesome Beth!!!!!!!!

finley1991 said:
That's so awesome Beth!!!!!!!!

Thanks. The funny thing: this is my 66 year old "catalog" consultant (with lots of health issues) who was going to do $200 every other month. The first few years she did 1 or 2 shows a month, trying always to have each show hit $200 (in case I can't do a show next month) and most were catalog shows - I think she was buying a lot of gifts on some of them...

This year she is HOT (for her). She got a booking for a Cooking show from a friend's friend - over $800 and the host signed. Bookings from that have resulted in really great sales for her and at least 2 shows each month. Last week's $600+ show host just signed and the consultant's niece (who had signed about 2 years ago but went inactive for health reasons) is strongly considering signing again. You never know about anyone!

I also have a rough time readings those threads. I agree there are some Directors who do not do a good job supporting their teams. However, I think a lot of the people complaining just do not want to take responsibility for their businesses.

One of my favorite :rolleyes: complaints is "My Director did not even call me when I was about to go inactive." We are our own business owners! Pampered Chef already tells them they are about to go inactive. I actually do contact the Consultants on my team, but I do not think I am required to do that.

If a restaurant does not get any customers for two months, don't you think the owner would realize that. Should someone else need to tell him/her, "You did not have enough customers these past two month. You are going to close down if you do not get anyone in here."

Colleen, you are not bering overly sensitive!

Beth, I so want to be just like you!!

I've tried to set boundaries, but it's so hard. I mean I work full time and am trying to do PC as close to full time as I can while having other things going on. I'm not married and don't have kids, and can't imagine being able to do everything with those. I had a girl who e-mailed me AT WORK 6 times today. I'm a teacher, and while I don't mind answering an e-mail if something comes up, but come on...6 e-mails?!?!?! The thing is, she is e-mailing me on my work account. How do I stop that? I guess I could not respond (duh), but I don't want to me be mean (I think that's my problem), but at the same time, I NEED to not be doing PC 24/7, even while at school.

I really think that some of our consultants see us as the be all end all...no one but us know the answers to their questions. I had one who used to call me all the time, so I stopped answering the phone (quite empowering I might add)...I talked to her and she tells me how she's been calling the Solution Center when she can't get in touch with me and how they are so nice and so helpful. I want to be like, um...that's what I've been trying to tell you guys for months :)

Ok, sorry...this post became about me, and that's wasn't the plan. I just need balance and don't have it and I don't like that.

Off to do invites and call a host...happy Wednesday evening :)

Oh Jennifer! I SOOOOOO hear you! I'm single, no kinds and some of my consultants with families of their own will say to me (I don't have a shy bunch!), "You don't have anything to do..." HELLO?????One thing I did that helped was tell them if they call, (LOVE caller ID! If it's a good time for me, I answer, if not... voicemail!), they need to leave their question on my voicemail. If they don't, they don't get a call back. For example, if I get a call from Suzie Consultant that says, "Hi Colleen, it's Suzie... I have a question, please call me... " she doesn't get a call back. NOW, I do state WHEN THEY SIGN, that if they get my voicemail, to leave the question and I will call back with an answer. And I tell her, if I get the voicemail that says that, I will not call them back because it's a waste of everyone's time because then I have to call to get the question, then call them back again with an answer. So to save everyone frustration, just leave the question when calling.Now, the one e-mailing at work, I'd just send a note out to the TEAM saying something like... "Due to some extra PC e-mails going to my WORK inbox, please direct all PC e-mails to xxxx address. All e-mails will be returned as soon as possible and definitely within 24 hours. If something is super urgent, please call the Solution Center. Thanks so much for respecting that I do work another job outside of my PC biz and when I am there, it deserves my full attention. I promise to get back to you no matter what as soon as I can..."That will help them take some responsibility. I have told my team that if they call and I don't answer, it's a sign that the Solution Center can help them faster that I could!!!! (They actually believe it!) It works and now they've gotten into the habit of getting their questions answers through Consultant's Corner or the Solution Center, even with the long wait times!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!And PS: You didn't make the post about you... as Directors we all struggle with the same things and thank goodness we have each other!!!! :)

Oh my gosh, Colleen, it's so nice to have someone else in the same boat. I actually had someone tell me (and I know she didn't mean it the way it came out) that the only reason I did so well was because I didn't have a family. Um, yes I do have a family, they just happen to be my mom, dad and sisters, and not a husband and kids. Sometimes the drama we have I think could top having "a family".

I like telling them to leave their question on voicemail. Since I've stopped answering the phone all the time, it's been amazing. I would say 95% of the time they don't leave a message...they didn't need anything obviously (or thought of another way to answer their question).

I may send the e-mail out you were talking about. The thing is, most of them don't have my e-mail at work. The few who do, got it by going to my school's homepage. I may just e-mail those couple as bcc's so they think it's being sent to everyone. Part of me doesn't want others to go, "Oh wow, I didn't know I could e-mail her at work" :).

Thanks for the advice. I love this board!!! You guys always make me feel better!!

iteachurkid said:
Oh my gosh, Colleen, it's so nice to have someone else in the same boat. I actually had someone tell me (and I know she didn't mean it the way it came out) that the only reason I did so well was because I didn't have a family.

I've always gotten that and when they say that, I respond with, "I also have a blue car!!!" Some get it, some don't... and when I say that, they realize that being successful in this biz has nothing to do with anything other than hard work!

I'm in a different situation than some with kids though... I look after my aging parents. So when people say, "You've got it so easy since you don't have kids!" I sometimes respond with, "No... I'm a single parent of 2 80-year-olds!" Plus, after my mom's surgery in Jan (right before Leadership) and helping her in and out of the bathroom (way too much info for everyone including me!) and my father's 90% hearing loss... I've learned a lot about looking after others. Things aren't always what they appear to be... I don't always have it "so easy..."

Everyone is dealing with something... it's just sometimes hard to see past what's going on with us to see that others have things going on as well (this being in response to the post on CS of "why didn't my director call me?"... I GET IT!!! LIFE HAPPENS!!!!)

On the note about Bcc-ing certain consultants... I have done that in the past to solve "problems" and it works like a charm!!!!! ;)

I actually had someone tell me (and I know she didn't mean it the way it came out) that the only reason I did so well was because I didn't have a family.

I didn't take a survey while on the London trip, but I'm going to venture that the VAST majority of the folks who were there 'have families' (and many work outside the home as well). :grumpy:

I love your point about the blue car, Colleen.

Ok, I DON'T get it... What's with the blue car?

As far as this discussion. I have 5 kids. I have no kids at home. I had parents and took care of them in their last months. I have worked and not. I painted and did other major house projects. I have health issues. I've been through all those lifestyles just in the last few years of my business.

I feel the pain of people in each of these situations. But I have to say that the hardest is when you have LESS to do. I currently can set my own schedule and I'm frozen. I can "do it later" and then it's later and it wasn't done. I am the type who can do a ton of things or nothing - no in between.

Colleen, I love your words about leaving messages. I do tell my team that they can always call the SC, in fact, I will tell them to call the SC in response to their quesiton. I did have one consultant call the SC about a recruiting question though - the operator didn't have a clue and I felt like HO would think I wasn't supporting my consultants - she never even mentioned having a lead to me. lol

The bottom line is that we are all human and we all have lives. It's a trick to make your consultants feel and believe you are there for them and to structure your own life at the same time.

When I announced that I now have office hours my team responded respectfully and often they will call and start with "is this a good time to call" (hello! I answered this time didn't I.). Now if I can just make myself organize this office... ...and get on the phone!!

bethcooks4u said:
Ok, I DON'T get it... What's with the blue car?

That's how I respond to people that say it's easy to me to be successful because I have a family... I just say, "And I have a blue car too..." Basically it points out to them that being successful only has to do with hard work... it has nothing to do with your family, whether you have one or not... it has nothing to do with the way we look, it has nothing to do with what color our cars are... Success comes from hard work, period.

So when I say that, I sometimes add, "I guess people who don't drive blue cars can't be success at PC either." It makes a point.

Does that make sense now? (I think it comes out better spoken than written!) :)

finley1991 said:
That's how I respond to people that say it's easy to me to be successful because I have a family... I just say, "And I have a blue car too..." Basically it points out to them that being successful only has to do with hard work... it has nothing to do with your family, whether you have one or not... it has nothing to do with the way we look, it has nothing to do with what color our cars are... Success comes from hard work, period.

So when I say that, I sometimes add, "I guess people who don't drive blue cars can't be success at PC either." It makes a point.

Does that make sense now? (I think it comes out better spoken than written!) :)

Well, that explains it! :rolleyes: I drive a blue car too!:cool:

(I really do!)

bethcooks4u said:
Well, that explains it! :rolleyes: I drive a blue car too!:cool:

(I really do!)

That MUST be why your PC Biz is so successful!!!! :money: :D

Related to No Need for Eye Creams: What Do You Think?

1. What is the benefit of not needing eye creams?

The benefit of not needing eye creams is that you can save time and money on adding another step to your skincare routine. Instead, you can use products that are multi-functional and still provide the same benefits for your under-eye area.

2. Will I still get the same results without using eye creams?

Yes, you can still achieve similar results without using eye creams. There are other products, such as serums and moisturizers, that can effectively hydrate and treat the under-eye area.

3. Are there any specific products I should use instead of eye creams?

Yes, there are several products that can be used in place of eye creams. Some popular options include eye serums, facial oils, and moisturizers with anti-aging ingredients.

4. Can I use my regular facial products on my under-eye area?

Yes, as long as the product is safe for the delicate skin around the eyes, you can use your regular facial products on your under-eye area. Just be sure to apply them gently and avoid getting too close to the eyes.

5. Are there any downsides to not using eye creams?

The only potential downside to not using eye creams is if you have specific concerns or issues with your under-eye area that require targeted treatment. In that case, it may be beneficial to use a specialized eye cream. However, for general anti-aging and hydration, there are plenty of alternative products available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lizcooks4u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • chefsteph07