• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Doing to Get Ready?

In summary, the expert plans to get a hair cut, dye her hair red, and get a mani/pedicure. She is also preparing a list of items for her conference bag, including soap, address labels, and stamps.
kaseydee
Gold Member
I thought this might be fun - others might just roll their eyes:rolleyes:
What are you doing to get ready for conference? I am working out so I can fit into my clothes, tanning so I don't hurt everyone's eyes, and I will get my toes done since everyone will be seeing them. :)

Thinking about getting a haircut. And then every day I think that there are so many other things I could do with that money, so I skip calling the salon to make an appointment. Which is why I haven't even had a trim in almost 6 months.

Well, I am leaving town July 8th and then get home July 13th just to turn around and head down to Conference the next morning. So.....I was just about to start making a packing list. :)

I'm definitely getting my toes done!!
Planning my outfits for every day.
I just found out last night our executive banquet is "business casual" and "black and white" themed, so I have to re-think my attire!
I work full time, so I probably won't start obsessing until next week!

I forgot, I'm getting a hair cut, but just b/c it is time right before conference. If I go past 4 weeks you can forget about it w/my fine, thin, straight as a board hair. :)

I already have my clothes sorted and ready for the suitcase. The pillow gifts for those in my room are ready. Conference books are ready to give out. We leave here on the 10th for our side trip to WI. I have gifts for the grandkids and 4 summer birthdays all wrapped and ready to go. Just have one MAJOR gift to finish making. It will take some time so I better get on that tomorrow!

Otherwise, it's just finish organizing and host coaching for the shows that happen as soon as I return. Oh... I have to get postage, etc. to send to my team from conference.

I have most of my clothing purchased or have decided what I am wearing. I need some brown sandles still and I will get a haircut and a pedi before heading out!

I'm heading out of town over the 4th so I figured I would wait until I get home from that to figure it all out!

I have to get my hair dyed AGAIN.... It seems like each time it lasts less and less so I have to go more often. Pretty soon there wont be any hair to dye. Trying to diet but I doubt the loss will be significant, maybe I will avoid buttons. :)

BethCooks4U said:
The pillow gifts for those in my room are ready.

what a nice idea! if you don't mind sharing, what are they?

I have made out a list of what I am bringing. I have checked over the clothes and am working on loosing 5 more pounds, have already lost 40 since the beginning of the year. I might get a haircut but not sure yet. I've prepared an info sheet for my family with all the important info on it. I have address labels and stamps ready for mailing the new mini catalogs. Addresses and directions of different places I am thinking of visiting while there. I have a conference notebook with all my stuff in there. Even though my conference doesn't start until Monday, I'm flying in on Saturday and enjoying some non-mommy/wife time and visiting with friends.

I'm just so excited, I'll probably be packed a week before I leave.:love:

I have pretty much only decided that I am going. :blushing: I'm a huge procrastinator. My motto is "Why do something today when you can put it off till next Tuesday". Anyway, I do have a sitter lined up for the little one. My hubby will be travelling (again). I still need a dog sitter though. I am planning to get a mani/pedicure & it is time for a hair trimming. I have been going through clothes to get things situated. I do need to get something red to wear to our Exec. banquet. I think that is it. I guess I'll really figure it out on the 8th since I leave early on the 9th. :eek:

Um, just check out the Countdown to Wave 1 thread, and you'll see what I'm doing. LOL!

Pillow Gifts! I'm getting some wonderful soap that I was introduced to and just love. Because everything is going up the don't offer the $2 bars anymore only the giant $5 ones but they are aroma therapy made with the real oils and stuff. Has anyone heard of them? KreamySoaps. I want to include a few more goodies in my bags any other suggestions besides the usual survival stuff?

I always get my toes done, they have to look pretty DH doesn't understand that we do look at others toes ( or at least I do), may get my nails done. Need a trim and touch up color. I have so many clothes, I always overpack, but never know when you may need that perfect outfit. I don't tan, I will be the one who looks like Casper the Ghost. :)

Thank you to those who are getting pedis. To all of you thinking of wearing sandals or open toed shoes at all, AT THE VERY LEAST PAINT YOUR TOENAILS!!!! It will hide so many imperfections. It totally skeeves me out when people have ugly feet and wear open toed shoes. My old boss used to do that. YUCK.

Pretty much keeping my suitcase packed! I just got back from a family vacation ... next week I am house-sitting and conference is RIGHT AFTER THAT!So there's not much point in totally unpacking!Also seeing if I have enough change under the cushions of my couch to get my hair cut.

DebbieJ said:
Thank you to those who are getting pedis. To all of you thinking of wearing sandals or open toed shoes at all, AT THE VERY LEAST PAINT YOUR TOENAILS!!!! It will hide so many imperfections. It totally skeeves me out when people have ugly feet and wear open toed shoes. My old boss used to do that. YUCK.
I agree with this! It doesn't take that long to paint your nails. I will never get a pedi (no one is touching my toenails) but I do keep them painted nicely.

I am still finishing laundry from the DC trip - LOL
Once I get through that I will re-pack the suitcase.
I am trying to figure out what to wear.
Wednesday = traveling & sight-seeing...comfy clothes & crocs
Thursday = white skirt outfit w/ brown sparkle flip flops (am I gonna get reamed for wearing FF's?)
Friday = I don't know - that's the TPC walk day, right? Dress of some sort.
Saturday = navy pantsuit - comfy for the flight home, too...

I made notebooks & comfort packs for my team...will be delivering them this week.
Need to charge my iPod and have DH download some of the Online Training Center MP3s onto it.
Need to line up camp for the kids for the week and arrange the DH/ex-DH juggle with the kids for after camp hours...
...other than that I think I'm all set...

I was going to say, "Absolutely Nothing" but now Debbie is giving me a complex... ;)But really, my toes aren't that bad...

Janet, all toes are bad - paint them girlfriend!

pamperedlinda said:

I'll have to steal DD's nailpolish! :eek:

I almost always wear closed toe shoes so I never paint my toenails.

dannyzmom said:
I am still finishing laundry from the DC trip - LOL
Once I get through that I will re-pack the suitcase.
I am trying to figure out what to wear.
Wednesday = traveling & sight-seeing...comfy clothes & crocs
Thursday = white skirt outfit w/ brown sparkle flip flops (am I gonna get reamed for wearing FF's?)
Friday = I don't know - that's the TPC walk day, right? Dress of some sort.
Saturday = navy pantsuit - comfy for the flight home, too...

I made notebooks & comfort packs for my team...will be delivering them this week.
Need to charge my iPod and have DH download some of the Online Training Center MP3s onto it.
Need to line up camp for the kids for the week and arrange the DH/ex-DH juggle with the kids for after camp hours...
...other than that I think I'm all set...

WOW, you have your outfits picked out already, you're good and organized :)

janetupnorth said:
I'll have to steal DD's nailpolish! :eek:

I almost always wear closed toe shoes so I never paint my toenails.

I paint mine every week and DD, she likes her and "mama toes" to match. I only wear toe shoes in summer unless there is a need for my hoochie mamma boots :)

DebbieJ said:

Right on sister!!!

pamperedlinda said:

My toes aren't that bad, either! At least I don't think so... and, I've not painted my toes in decades! My dress is long enough....... I think!

merego said:
WOW, you have your outfits picked out already, you're good and organized :)

Only in my head, honey...only in my head - LOL

Toes painted - check (and they are all summer Ms Deb!)
Hotel and conference confirmations printed - check
Kid covered - check
Dogs covered - check
Decent outfits to wear - I think so....
Commissions earned to cover costs - I'll finish at my show tomorrow (21 confirmed!)
Vacation days taken - check
July and August bookings done - pretty much
Anticipation and excitement covered - CHECK!!!!

I am like Janet. I have done nothing so far to get ready. (Oh, and I will be getting a pedicure now too! :) ) I need to start making my list. I do have a mental note on the outfits I will bring. I did try to lose some weight. I lsot about 8 pounds, but gained 2 back, and haven't been able to get back into the groove yet. I can't believe the days are approaching fast!

janetupnorth said:
I was going to say, "Absolutely Nothing" but now Debbie is giving me a complex... ;)

But really, my toes aren't that bad...

I will say it: "Absolutely nothing!"

I think I will try on clothes this coming week and shop after the 4th.

Definitely gotta have pretty toes and my heals get SO bad with the darned dry skin on my feet. So, will probably get a pedi a day or so before. DH starts his new job on Monday so need to get some money in first before I start spending it! LOL! Would LOVE to get a new outfit or at least a couple tops before I go. Still waiting on money too! My next commission check though SHOULD be pretty good too. Will really know by Monday at my show. (we close that night)
NEED NEED NEED a haircut too so will probably do that right before as well and maybe just maybe if my fingernails grow by that time I may get a manicure or just slap some polish on them myself! :) Need to go back to the gym too! I lost 12 1/2 pounds before my cruise and have since lost another 1 1/2 pounds but think this past week I've gained 3. (STRESSED OUT! :eek:) HELP REMOTIVATE ME!!!
Other than all that I can't wait to go, but no where near ready to go. Will probably get DH to drag my suitcase out of the attic the night before. Would love to do it now but it would probably sit there empty. Plus I would love to fill it up with some new clothes! I think it's late. I'm babbling here! :p

Getting my hair dyed and cut! I just can't let all of my cheffer friends see ALL that gray!!! LOL:D
Pedicure and manicure. I need to sit down and write out my lists!! I need to shop for a better light weight sweater, one in black and one in white!
I need to buy all my snacks and nylons. Boy I better start getting into this! LOL! Great thread:rolleyes:, now I'm getting stressed....sure not matching my breezy mood!!! LOL! I just realized I have a lot to do still!:eek::D

Oh yeah! I have been on my S Beach diet for the last week and I'm feeling some results, my shorts and pants are so tight and I don't feel like such a cow in them!! I also started riding bikes with my kids today. I think I need to add walking to my list, get me conditioned for all that dang walking in McCormic Place!

I've got a mani/pedi planned for the day before I leave for NC. I don't wear open-toed shoes, so it's not for that reason. I just find it really relaxing. It also helps me to feel very professional. Basically, it helps me to get into the mindset I want to have at NC.Okay, it's an excuse to pamper myself a bit. It's a good excuse, though.

MissChef said:
Getting my hair dyed and cut! I just can't let all of my cheffer friends see ALL that gray!!! LOL:D
!

Ummm, I will have all that grey!!
I will cut it though :)
and paint my toes, I would hate to gross Deb out :yuck:
I am planning my July August right now and having weird dreams of conference, so I better start taking some ACTION to allieve my stress.

How's this one? When I woke up I had been dreaming of me standing infront of all the Directors at the day 1 event holding a sign that said Kisrae AKA :sing:Ida Schwitters!!:sing:
Like I was the airport taxi! LMAO, I guess I won't forget to meet up with Ida!
:D

I've done absolutely nothing too! I'm hoping to splurge on a couple new outfits; but that'll have to wait till after commission day...

oh, & I'll definately have my toes painted. I do agree....all feet are yuck! LMAO!

Not doing my toes!!!

90% packed and ready.

will get a hair cut next week so I won't be shaggy. :)

Why do I have the feeling that we will all be looking at each other's toes when we meet at conference? LOL

I'm getting my haircut the night before, but it was just when the appointment fell.

I'm trying to figure out what to pack so I can just bring a small duffle bag with me.
I'm also trying to think if there are any other songs I want to put on my iPod.

pamperedlinda said:
Why do I have the feeling that we will all be looking at each other's toes when we meet at conference? LOL

Only my roommates will be able to see mine, but my friends from here will know they're all cute and painted.

Well, only my roommates unless I start wandering the halls in my Post Slut Jammies and my Stars Slippers. :balloon:

OK. Now I am REALLY GRATEFUL I AM A GUY!
I won't pick out what to wear or pack until Wednesday a.m.
And unless I am going to use Sherwin Williams, I ain't painting my toes!
And I do NOT use Nice 'N Easy any more! (That D*^$!! gray won't hold the color any more so...)
Hair cut and that's about it.
I suppose though I really should do something about the hair in my nose and those funny little bristly things on my ears. I guess I should pick out something nice for the Breakfast of Caring. And maybe even something for the Dinner. OOps! We're dancing afterward, need some new "dancing" shoes and maybe something spiffy to wear for that too! (Yes, I said Spiffy! I am 47 for Pete's sake!)
OK, OK! So some of us guys are just as bad!

pampered1224 said:
I suppose though I really should do something about the hair in my nose and those funny little bristly things on my ears.
It's called a personal groomer, and you can get one at a discount store, near the electric shavers. :)

colegrovet said:
Not doing my toes!!!

90% packed and ready.

will get a hair cut next week so I won't be shaggy. :)

He-he - why? I've seen a few guys with polish on their toes. ;) Of course, I know MANY more who get pedis.

Please do. I thought my husband was going gray about 10 years ago and started pulling his grays at his temple but found out they were connected to his ears! oooohhh yuck. Of course now he really is gray all over but he cuts the stuff on his ears (thank goodness) ewwwww

janetupnorth said:
He-he - why? I've seen a few guys with polish on their toes. ;) Of course, I know MANY more who get pedis.

umm the answer is still NO....
just not my style... :)

janetupnorth said:

I keep trying to have my husband let me paint his toe nails! He has perfect finger nails and toe nails for painting. They are all flat and smooth! He did paint them black one year when he dressed up as Ozzie Osbourne for Halloween but still wouldn't let me paint them, had to do it himself!

I think I'll keep my shoes on.. To keep any wayward nail painters at bay... :)

1. What do I need to pack for conference?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you'll want to pack comfortable business attire, such as slacks, blouses, and dress shoes. You'll also want to bring any necessary business materials, such as business cards and order forms. Don't forget to pack some comfortable shoes for walking around the conference venue!

2. Do I need to bring any specific kitchen tools or products?

You do not need to bring any Pampered Chef products with you to conference. However, if there are specific products you would like to showcase or demonstrate during workshops or networking events, you are more than welcome to bring them along.

3. Will there be any training or workshops at conference?

Yes, there will be a variety of training sessions and workshops offered at conference. These will cover topics such as new product launches, marketing strategies, and business development. There will also be opportunities for networking and learning from other successful consultants.

4. Can I bring a guest to conference?

Unfortunately, conference is only open to registered Pampered Chef consultants. However, if you have a friend or family member who is interested in joining the business, you can refer them to your upline director to learn more about becoming a consultant.

5. Is there a dress code for conference?

Yes, there is a dress code for conference. Business attire is recommended for all sessions and events, with the exception of the themed party night where you can dress up in accordance with the theme. Please refrain from wearing any clothing with other company logos or slogans during conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg