• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Permanent Make-Up Before?

glasses instead of contacts, and in dumpy denim overalls. I figured he might as well see me at my worst right off the bat. If it doesn't scare him away, nothing will - LOL
lizcooks4u
Never heard of permanent make-up before and had it done today. I got the eye liner, eyebrows and crease of upper lids done. not painful but very uncomfortable and my reflexes really took over on the one eye and thought I"d never get it finished!!! I hate putting on makeup and eye shadow bother's my eyes; so hopefully this will take!!!

Really brought my eyes out too.

liz

ps: I'll try and post a new pic once my swelling/bruising goes away!!!

Wow! I have to say that while having tattoos various other places on my body, I am not sure if I would get permanent make-up done. Though, funny story my great-aunt didn't know what would happen afterward, and before our family reunion she had it done... Well, needless to say she looked like someone dotted her eyes! Really Funny! :D I hope you LOVE IT!!! :D I would love to see a pic!

My mom got this done a few years ago and really likes it. I would be scared to do anything permenant, but it would be nice to wake up with my "face" on, LOL!

good for you --splurging on yourself ! hope you love it!

My mom has had the permanent eyeliner for YEARS and loves it - it's so great to wake up with her face on already, kwim? Plus as she is getting older her eyesight is not as good as it could be...so if she attempted to apply eyeliner now she'd peobably look wacky - LOL
I would love to get it done but am a totall ninny when it comes to any sort fo pain.

One of my mom's friends had the eyeliner done a long time ago. It looks natural; but I'm too big of a chicken!

It'd Be nice to wake up ready to go...BUTI'm with Lacy...I'm a HUGE chicken of needles or anything CLOSE to it....LOL...even on t.v. I have to close my eyes....BIG BABY I am...

BUT on the FLIP side....wouldn't it be nice to just WAKE UP with your "FACE ON"....LOL....not have to carry it in your pocket book or be afraid anyone SITS ON IT....LMAO....AHHH.....talk about your TIME SAVERS....

I don't know about you, but alot like my hair....one eye comes out PERFECT and the other, well, just like anything else, the right side doesn't match the LEFT.....BAH BAH BAH....

That is why I'm procrastinating going to take a shower, do my hair and put on my "face"....:eek:

The JETSONS had it made, get on that belt that takes you through, does your hair makeup and dresses you.....wouldn't THAT be awesome?:rolleyes:

I'm just too busy to wear makeup most of the time - LOL!

Kelley Sells said:
I'm with Lacy...I'm a HUGE chicken of needles or anything CLOSE to it....LOL...even on t.v. I have to close my eyes....BIG BABY I am...

BUT on the FLIP side....wouldn't it be nice to just WAKE UP with your "FACE ON"....LOL....not have to carry it in your pocket book or be afraid anyone SITS ON IT....LMAO....AHHH.....talk about your TIME SAVERS....

I don't know about you, but alot like my hair....one eye comes out PERFECT and the other, well, just like anything else, the right side doesn't match the LEFT.....BAH BAH BAH....

That is why I'm procrastinating going to take a shower, do my hair and put on my "face"....:eek:

The JETSONS had it made, get on that belt that takes you through, does your hair makeup and dresses you.....wouldn't THAT be awesome?:rolleyes:

When my ex-DH and I were dating...the first time he ever spent the night, I made sure to wake up before him...got up and put on my face and fixed my hair - then got back into bed so it would look like i woke up looking "done" - LOLOL

By the time my current DH and I were dating...I deliberately showed up for our first date w/ no makeup, glasses instead of contacts, and in dumpy denim overalls. I figured he might as well see me at my worst right off the bat. If it doesn't scare him away, nothing will - LOL

My mom just got this done! She got eyeliner on top and bottom lids and eyebrows. When she told me she was getting the eyebrows I instantly thought of those ladies with the St. Louis Arch fake eyebrows painted on. Thank goodness my mom's doesn't look anything like this! They definitely made her brows stand out-in a good way!

dannyzmom said:
When my ex-DH and I were dating...the first time he ever spent the night, I made sure to wake up before him...got up and put on my face and fixed my hair - then got back into bed so it would look like i woke up looking "done" - LOLOL

By the time my current DH and I were dating...I deliberately showed up for our first date w/ no makeup, glasses instead of contacts, and in dumpy denim overalls. I figured he might as well see me at my worst right off the bat. If it doesn't scare him away, nothing will - LOL

Funny, my hubby was glad to hear I was a swimmer because he wanted someone who wasn't afraid to jump right in the water and wash all their makeup off in public.

(He never heard of waterproof makeup at the time - LOL!)

Anyway, didn't want someone "high maintenance" - :)

Carolyn - your story is funny - glad 2nd DH loves you no matter how you look. I do know someone who got up before their husband for 47 years because she didn't want anyone to see her without her "face".

OUCH! I don't think I could do that, but I would love the convenience! I am so NOT high maintenance...I think Bry wishes I wore makeup more, but it's such a hassle to put on...I'm a fan of getting the "ugliness" out in the open early on in the relationship as well...LOL

I can't stand other people touching my eyes, never mind getting a tattoo on my eye :eek:

I hope you like it would love to see a pic.

Beth-Anne...great for you! I can't wait to hear your progress and I am so glad that you posted this!
I want to have it done but I am wondering when we are in our 80's or so, sometimes the eyelids will droop...I am wondering if they address this. I am not expecting to hook a man in my 80's but don't want to look like a Carol Burnett skit I saw several years ago. She played an old actress that wanted others to think she was still in her prime. Her makeup was so heavy and put on crooked, etc. It was so funny, but I really don't want to look like a freak!
I had laser eye surgery about 6 years ago to correct nearsightedness and an astigmatism. I have not had one regret. I am from the US, but had it done in Canada. Advantages are...they have MUCH more experience than US drs do, they do not do the surgery even if they see something they don't like minutes before the surgery and the price is more than half of what it is in the US. My boss had it done, but had it done in the US. He had problems and when I spoke with him, he told me about some blood problems he has. I had advised him to go to Canada but he wanted a US dr. to do it. In Canada, they wouldn't have touched him, but in the US they did and after 2 years, he finally has less problems.
Many people say they couldn't have this done. With anything there is a risk, but I felt so confident in the Canadian drs. It was virtually painless and it was so wonderful to wake up and not need to put on glasses. Or later to stick contacts in my eyes!
I may be game for this one, because I have blonde eyelashes, eyebrows and am pale in coloring!
Thanks for sharing everyone!

Hey Liz,
Good for you! I'm glad to hear that you went through with it since you were so interested in having it done. Can't wait to see the unveiling.

My girlfriend has had the permanent eyeliner done. I want to get it done too, but it could be quite expensive.

Good for you Liz~! I would also love to see a pic soon!!:D

I would LOVE to have this done (especially my eyebrows....I am a child of the 70's and too much over-plucking)....but it scares me to death they will look fake and unnatural like some old-lady that paints on her eyebrows!
Please post a pic when you can.

Tell me, Cindy, why is it that you have an over-plucking problem and I've been plucking the same eyebrows day in and day out and they keep coming back?! My mom's cousin has crazy eyebrows that won't grow back in, and I'm just wondering...why can't that happen to me?!

I had my eyebrows done about 3 or 4 years ago...not that you can tell now! LOL!!
It didn't hurt as much as I thought but I won't do it again! For the money I spent I should have had them longer then I did. But then again.....I was supposed to go in for touch-ups and never wanted too!

Related to Have You Tried Permanent Make-Up Before?

What is "Just Thought I'd Share..."?

"Just Thought I'd Share..." is a popular feature on the Pampered Chef website where consultants and customers can share their favorite recipes, tips, and kitchen hacks with each other.

How can I submit my own "Just Thought I'd Share..." post?

To submit a post for "Just Thought I'd Share...", simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Share" tab. From there, you can write and submit your post for review.

Do I need to be a consultant to participate in "Just Thought I'd Share..."?

No, anyone with a Pampered Chef account can participate in "Just Thought I'd Share...". It's a great way to connect with other Pampered Chef enthusiasts and share your love for cooking and entertaining.

Can I include photos in my "Just Thought I'd Share..." post?

Yes, you can include up to 5 photos in your post to showcase your recipe or tip. Just make sure the photos are clear and well-lit to make your post more visually appealing.

How can I search for specific posts in "Just Thought I'd Share..."?

You can easily search for specific posts in "Just Thought I'd Share..." by using the search bar at the top of the page. You can search by keyword, author, or category to find the posts you're looking for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CJMoore
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lacychef