• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Luck with 24 Shows in 24 Hours Challenge - Need Advice

In summary, the speaker tried the 24 Shows in 24 Hours Challenge but had no luck. They called during the day and got mostly answering machines, so they sent out an email blast to 200 people. However, they received no response and are now in a slump. They are wondering if they should try calling the people they emailed or if that would seem desperate. They have read about positive outcomes from the challenge and are considering not speaking to anyone as the reason for their lack of success. They are seeking advice on how to make the challenge work for them and how to follow up with potential hosts. Other suggestions include extending the challenge, keeping track of contacts, and reaching out to past hosts. The key is to not give up and
cheflaurie
OK. . .so I tried the 24 Shows in 24 Hours Challenge last week and had NO luck:( . I called during the day because that was the time that worked best for me. Of course. . .I got 20 answering machines. Because my time and patience were running short, I did an e-mail blast to about 200 people after that. Between the phone calls and e-mails, I received NO RESPONSE. I am in a HUGE slump right now and really need bookings. So, my question is, do I go back and try to call some of the people that I e-mailed, or would that just look way to desperate? I have read so many positive outcomes from the 24 in 24 challenge, so I am wondering if I didn't have any luck because I didn't actually speak to anybody.

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Laurie

24/24 successWhat kind of success we hope for from these challenges is very individualized or should be at least. Is success 24 bookings...well of course. But success could also be that you made more phone calls in 24 hours than you usually do, and you reconnected with 200 people via email. So... Congratulations...but now that you know you can do it...YES Follow through! They say the fortune is in the follow up! I followed up with people I had not heard from and some said," I thought the offer expired Sat at 9pm and I didn't get the message until Sunday. " I just replied "I won' tell if you won't tell" and we went ahead and scheduled a show. I scheduled 4 with that particular situation. Make it work for you, and it will be a success. Calling those people back and saying you had so many people to follow up with and just couln'd stretch your 24 hours far enough, so you wanted to extend the offer- MIGHT work.. It MIGHT not...but what a great feeling to know you offered them the best service you can!

Good Luck and keep your chin up!
:)

Follow Up!I agree! Follow up is so very important with our business! You do need to make contact personally at some point!

After I received my 21 bookings, I mailed out Show Date Cards to all my new hosts! This serves as a Thank You and a reminder of their show date!

You can contact them to let them know that you are extending your challenge date since you were unable to talk to them first! Remember, don't leave it up to them to call you back -they won't! (9 out of 10 anyway)

You could also do what I'm planning for every month, issue another challenge of booking 12 shows in 12 hours! (It doesn't have to be for that month!)

It's a good idea to keep your notes of messages -date you called, left message, when is a good time to reach her, etc...

I find this is a really good one -you call them back when they're available!
example: (SMILE :) )5:30 PM "Hi Linda! I'm so glad I caught you! I'm making dinner (You know they are in the middle of making dinner too!) and I was thinking about you! Do you have a minute? (Yes-GREAT!) When I learned about our New Theme Show, you were one of the first I thought of! Here's what it is: Dine Out @ Home.....
I know this will be an Incredible show with you and friends! How about we schedule your date? I do have these two dates available...
Thank you Linda! Oh, I've got to get back to my dinner! I'll talk to you soon!"

Take 10 minutes here and there in an evening while you make a few calls.
People are home more in the evenings! Have someone else clean-up dinner; do dishes; etc. Even up to 8:15 PM while the kids (yours and theirs) are getting ready for bed! (I tell my kids I'm making calls -they know they have to keep quiet!:p )

I'll admit that evening time is not when I feel motivated to make calls. But that's just it, JUST DO IT! :D However, the majority of my shows are in the evening, and I do average 2 bookings/show!

Some things to think about! I really hope this helps!:rolleyes:

Don't forget about your past hosts! If you have been doing this for 9 years, have a past host special get together...maybe a mystery host host party.

Keep your chin up!!!
cheflaurie said:
OK. . .so I tried the 24 Shows in 24 Hours Challenge last week and had NO luck:( . I called during the day because that was the time that worked best for me. Of course. . .I got 20 answering machines. Because my time and patience were running short, I did an e-mail blast to about 200 people after that. Between the phone calls and e-mails, I received NO RESPONSE. I am in a HUGE slump right now and really need bookings. So, my question is, do I go back and try to call some of the people that I e-mailed, or would that just look way to desperate? I have read so many positive outcomes from the 24 in 24 challenge, so I am wondering if I didn't have any luck because I didn't actually speak to anybody.

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Laurie

I was feeling like you not to long ago so I understand. This is what I did.
I looked into a fair. Do a fair if you can. I just did on this last weekend and it was well worth the $50 I spent. (And all the time I put into it.)
Schel

Thank You!All of your suggestions have been awesome!! Thank you for the support and feedback!!

Laurie

I have officially given up on e-mail. I will continue to send my newsletter, but I am not going to communicate with any customers through e-mail. I never get a response, so it isn't worth the time. Unless a customer specifically says that e-mail is the best way to contact them, I am DONE with e-mail!!

I know what you mean. I did this challenge this past weekend also; since I was getting mostly answering machines I extended it to 24 bookings in a weekend. Well, I got 4! 2 were people I planned on doing shows with already, 2 were new ones. I was thinking tonight when I'm making more calls that I will extend the drawing for those I book tonight.
I figure it's always good to try new things; maybe I'll try again around Feb when it's a little slower. It was worth a try though; & I'm still calling people tonight. I agree that people are usually more excited when you talk to them on the phone. Of course, it's easier to get them excited that way by your voice; there's only so much typing can do!

I have some good success with email. I would say about 25%. Some hosts only respond by email. So I wouldn't totally give up on email. Phone calls are better if you can reach them that way but some people just won't respond or pick up the phone.

So I do both.

Charlie

Just had to bump this up since this topic was featured in today's weekly bites! And how long have we been talking about it here?:cool:

I always laugh when my director or weekly bites pick up on something that we talked about a month ago on here!!

My question is does that $100 shopping spree come out of her pocket? I was thinking about doing this, but I don't have that kind of pocket change laying around.

I'm doing a $50 shopping spree and putting their names in when the show is held.

cmdtrgd said:
and putting their names in when the show is held.

Yes, don't miss this step. No entry in the drawing until the show is held. What to have as a prize? Order a gift certificate (blank) on one of yours shows for whatever amount you can afford.

"After I received my 21 bookings, I mailed out Show Date Cards to all my new hosts! This serves as a Thank You and a reminder of their show date!"

What are these ?

Show Date CardsPampered Princess....
I used blank postcards or ones I had left over from Nancy's Artworks with WOW! or Congrats! or something like this.

Here's what I wrote on them:
Thank You so much for scheduling your show!
Your show date is .... !
I'll be in touch soon with your show details!

As I said, this is a Thank You and a reminder for the New Hosts!

I hope this helps!

When offering the shopping spree you can be adding their "free" items to their order at their show. Enter in their free items, then enter the additional $50 or $100 in products that YOU are paying for.

This way, the host gets the receipt for her order, and it ships straight to her. This will also cut down on the money you actually put out for this...

ThanksThanks i get it now I have 3 parties booked wherei haven't given them there host packet yet and the post card would be great ! Plus i do stampin up so it will be easy to decorate them for the season.
Stephanie S.

What is the 24 Shows in 24 Hours Challenge?

The 24 Shows in 24 Hours Challenge is a promotional event where participants host 24 Pampered Chef shows in a 24-hour period to earn exclusive rewards and prizes.

What if I am having trouble booking 24 shows in 24 hours?

If you are having difficulty booking 24 shows in 24 hours, don't worry! It's a challenging goal and not everyone will be able to achieve it. Focus on booking as many shows as you can and promoting the ones you do have to increase attendance and sales.

How can I promote my shows to increase attendance?

There are several ways to promote your shows and increase attendance. Utilize social media to create event pages and share with your friends and followers. You can also send personal invitations to your contacts and offer incentives for guests who bring a friend. Don't forget to use the resources and tips provided by Pampered Chef to help promote your shows.

What can I do to increase sales during my shows?

To increase sales during your shows, make sure to highlight the benefits and features of the products and offer special discounts or promotions. Encourage guests to make a purchase by sharing your personal experiences with the products and offering helpful tips and recipes. You can also offer bundle deals or host-exclusive products to entice customers.

What happens if I don't reach the goal of 24 shows in 24 hours?

If you are unable to reach the goal of 24 shows in 24 hours, don't worry! You will still have the opportunity to earn rewards and prizes based on the number of shows you do host. Remember, the main goal is to have fun and connect with your customers, so don't stress too much about meeting the challenge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• husbandwifepcteam
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
husbandwifepcteam
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • sarahsellcm