• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Kill Shelter Fundraiser Ideas

In summary, organizing a PC fundraiser for the local No Kill Shelter can involve options such as hosting a gaming tournament, setting up a donation page, and utilizing social media and local media outlets for promotion. Don't forget to seek guidance from the shelter and enlist the help of others for a successful event.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
One of my girlfriend's is a volunteer for a local No Kill Shelter & always looking for fundraising ideas. I spoke with her last night about having a PC fundraiser & she seemed to like the idea. With little experience, I'm not quite sure how to set it up & what works best, so I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Hi Amy!

I haven't personally done any fundraisers yet, but my director did one for a group I belong to just before I signed up. Here's how it worked:

She gave each of us a packet, similar to a hostess packet, with catalogs and outside order forms. She also gave us a list of recipes to choose from so we could each make one the night of the show. We were responsible for inviting guests and collecting outside orders. She came to the location (we did it in a church gathering hall that had a kitchen) and did the show just like a regular cooking show. We even played the ticket game! She also told us that for every booking that came from the fundraiser show, she would personally donate 10% of her commissions from those shows to our organization. (I plan to do this as well!). She made it an interactive show and had guests use the tools. I think that's about it! We closed that show over $2000 earning more than $300 for our organization, and $300 for her!!

That's great to hear that you and your girlfriend are thinking about organizing a fundraiser for the local No Kill Shelter! As a fellow animal lover, I'm always happy to see people supporting such a worthy cause. There are a few different ways you could set up a PC fundraiser. One option could be to host a gaming tournament or LAN party, where participants pay a fee to enter and all proceeds go towards the shelter. You could also reach out to local businesses and see if they would be willing to donate items or services for a silent auction or raffle. Another idea could be to set up a donation page on a crowdfunding website, where people can contribute directly to the shelter. In terms of promoting the fundraiser, social media is a great tool. You could create a Facebook event and invite friends, family, and community members. You could also reach out to local media outlets and see if they would be interested in covering the event. Don't be afraid to get creative and think outside the box for ways to spread the word and generate interest. I also recommend reaching out to the shelter itself for guidance and support. They may have experience with previous fundraisers and can offer helpful tips and suggestions. And of course, don't hesitate to ask for help from friends and family. The more people involved, the better chance of a successful fundraiser. Best of luck with the fundraiser and kudos to you and your girlfriend for supporting such a great cause!

1. What is a "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser"?

A "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser" is an event or campaign that aims to raise funds for animal shelters that have a "no kill" policy, meaning they do not euthanize animals unless they are terminally ill or a danger to others. These fundraisers help support the shelter's operations, including food, medical care, and adoption services.

2. How can I host a successful "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser"?

To host a successful "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser," it is important to plan ahead and be creative. Some ideas include organizing a charity walk or run, hosting a bake sale or auction, partnering with local businesses for donations or discounts, or creating an online fundraising page. It is also important to spread the word through social media and word of mouth to maximize participation and donations.

3. Can I donate items rather than money for a "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser"?

Yes, donating items such as pet supplies, food, toys, or gift certificates can be a great way to support a "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser." These items can be used for raffles, auctions, or as prizes for event activities. You can also check with the shelter beforehand to see if there are any specific items they are in need of.

4. Are there any specific guidelines or restrictions for "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser" ideas?

While there are no set guidelines or restrictions for "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser" ideas, it is important to ensure that the event or campaign is ethical and aligns with the shelter's values. It is also important to obtain any necessary permits or permissions, and to follow any local laws and regulations.

5. Can I get my company or organization involved in a "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser"?

Absolutely! In fact, partnering with a company or organization can be a great way to increase donations and support for a "No Kill Shelter Fundraiser." You can reach out to local businesses, schools, or community groups to collaborate on fundraising ideas and promote the event to their networks. This can also be a great opportunity for team building and community involvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CABean03
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CABean03
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • CABean03
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies