• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New With Fundraisers-Animal Shelter

In summary, the pampered chef consultant is looking for advice on setting up a fundraiser for a shelter. She is concerned about people not trusting her and has no idea where to start. She also has questions about the event itself, such as how to get people to come, how to sell the products, and what to do if people don't trust her.
infernogrl
Hi Everybody,

This is my first post and I cannot get in contact my director as she is away. I decided to contact an animal shelter last night where I adopted my animals at, not taking it seriously I thought they would say no. Turns out they are really interested and loved the name I wanted to set up " Pampered Pets". I told them we could have an adoption event too that day.

Here comes my issue, I never did a fundraiser and I have no clue where to begin. How would I set up this, do I actually put a show on and if so how do I do that if it would at the shelter. How do you guys get people to buy products, How would you get people to show up, does the shelter makes the fliers up etc etc...
I am lost with this and never thought it would go through but I am excited at the same time.
My other concern is, do people actually trust a complete stranger ( pampered chef consultant) with there checks and other forms of payment at these events?

Thanks for the help. I need every bit of advice as I have to get back to the shelter manager asap with details.
She also wanted to know if there is anything on her end that she could do.

Thanks again!

Hi! Congratulations on booking a fundraiser! It sounds like the day could be a lot of fun!

One idea I had for your demo (if you decided to do one) would be to make some easy pet treats. If you google homemade pet treats you'll get a lot of hits. Many of them require some form of heating, so maybe you could just demo the prep part if you don't have access to a kitchen. Then maybe have a little doggy-bag (get it! doggy-bag... sorry!!!) with a few of the already made treats ready for anyone who adopts that day or places an order.
I've never done a fundraiser like that, but when I've done vendor events I've had no problems with people not trusting where their money is going. Most people have at least heard of the pampered chef, and as long as you stay professional I don't think you'll have any problems.
As far as set up, I would probably set it up like you would a vendor fair. Have a table with a few products from each section on display, catalogs ready, order forms handy, specials on display, and a smile on your face. Let every person know that a portion of the proceeds will go directly to the shelter, so not only will they be outfitting their kitchen with amazing products, they're also helping a great cause.

Good luck!!! I can't wait to hear how it turns out!!

You can find a few recipes under the file section for dog and cat treats you can make in advance for your goodie bags and have the recipes for the people so they can learn how to make them fresh at home as well. Just search Pampered Pets

Thanks for the help. I sent the idea for a raffle to the shelter but I have no heard from them in 2 days. I am hoping the manager was just off these last couple of days

What is the "New With Fundraisers-Animal Shelter" program?

The "New With Fundraisers-Animal Shelter" program is a partnership between Pampered Chef and animal shelters to help raise funds for the shelter through product sales.

How does the program work?

The program works by selecting a specific Pampered Chef product to be featured for the fundraiser. A portion of the sales from that product will be donated to the animal shelter. The shelter can also set up an online fundraiser to reach a wider audience.

Which products are available for the fundraiser?

There are various products available for the fundraiser, with a focus on kitchen and cooking items. Some popular choices include cookware, baking dishes, and kitchen gadgets. The shelter can choose which product they would like to feature for their fundraiser.

How much of the sales goes to the animal shelter?

The amount of the sales that goes to the animal shelter varies depending on the product and the fundraiser. However, typically, the shelter can expect to receive around 15-20% of the sales from the featured product.

How can an animal shelter sign up for the program?

Animal shelters can sign up for the program by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant or by reaching out to the Pampered Chef corporate office. A consultant will work with the shelter to set up the fundraiser and provide support throughout the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dkitten13