• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Cooking Show Fundraiser Help Support Our Animal Shelter?

In summary, the Cooking Show Fundraisers are a great way to raise money for your non-profit. The chairperson for the organization is considered the host and they receive a cash contribution from The Pampered Chef. Based on sales, a contribution of 10-15 percent is made direct to the organization. There is no tax exempt status for an individual and an additional $3 is contributed for every future show booking. The fundraiser check must be payable to an organization and checks will not be issued to an individual. The Cooking Show Fundraisers provide a more enjoyable way for club or group members to interact than the usual business meeting.
CABean03
I am a volunteer at our County Animal Shelter. We have a non-profit that raises money to help pay for extra costs such as blankets in the winter for dogs/cats, emergency surgeries, toys, etc.

I want to hold a fundraiser cooking show to benefit our non-profit but have a couple of questions:

1) I am willing to have it at my house (near the shelter) but can a consultant be the host of a fundraiser?

2) Would checks still be written out to me since most sales are put on my PC CC?

Thank you for any feedback.

I copied and pasted the fundraiser portion from the P&P. HTH

Cooking Show Fundraisers
Cooking Show Fundraisers are usually most appropriate
for organizations that have regular meetings. This might
include garden and women’s clubs, church groups and
fraternal organizations. Other appropriate groups include
your child’s sports team, dance group or any other interested
organization.
This event is essentially a Cooking Show for a select
group. The chairperson for the organization’s fundraiser is
considered the host. However, instead of receiving free, halfprice
and discounted products, the organization receives a
cash contribution from The Pampered Chef®.
Based on sales, a contribution of 10-15 percent is made
directly to the organization.
• The contribution is based on the total guest sales before
tax and shipping. All guest sales must include sales tax.
There is no tax exempt status for an individual.
• If total guest sales before tax and shipping are less than
$600, the contribution is 10 percent.
• If total guest sales before tax and shipping are $600 or
more, the contribution will be 15 percent.
• An additional $3 will be contributed for every future
Show booking from the fundraiser.
• The merchandise and the fundraiser check will be shipped
separately to the ship-to address.
• The fundraiser check must be payable to an organization.
Checks will not be issued to an individual. We cannot
send the fundraiser check to a separate address.
• You can earn 15 percent commission on Cooking Show
Fundraisers, which is increased to 17 percent once you
achieve $15,000 in career sales.
Fundraisers and the Host Program
• The organization is not eligible for host benefits.
• The chairperson is eligible to purchase one Monthly
Host Special as a thank you for organizing the Show.
• No Booking Benefits are awarded from a
fundraiser because the organization receives
$3 for each booking.
• However, if the fundraiser was booked from
a Cooking or Catalog Show, that past host can
purchase the Monthly Host Special at the
Fundraiser Show.
Special Advantages
of Cooking Show
Fundraisers
• Each customer can order from a wide range of useful,
high-quality items. As at a regular Show, guests place
orders after the demonstration.
• Fundraisers provide a more enjoyable way for club or group
members to interact than the usual business meeting.
• No extra time is needed for door-to-door or special event sales.

Yes, you can be the chairperson of the fundraiser. The check will be payable to the organization and your name as chairperson will appear on the 2nd line of the payable area. It can be held wherever you want it to be and just make sure you put the address you want it to ship to in so the check (comes in the mail separate from products) and the products go to where you want them to to sort and bag.

So as the host I want the products to come to me so I can disburse them, but I would want the check to be sent to the non-profit (which does not have a chairperson, they have a Board of members). I guess I could have the check written out to the non-profit but then still sent to me with the products and then I could deliver it right??

Yes, everything would get sent to one place, but the check would come separately. So in your case, everything would come to you and you could just pass the check onto the appropriate person. Good luck!!

Just like Becky wrote.

Great! Thank you all for the help.

Q: What is the process for setting up a 1st fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

A: The process for setting up a 1st fundraiser with Pampered Chef is simple and easy. First, you will need to contact a Pampered Chef consultant to discuss your fundraising goals and timeline. Then, your consultant will help you choose a fundraiser that best suits your needs and guide you through the setup process. Once everything is in place, you can start promoting and selling products to raise money for your cause.

Q: How much money can we expect to raise with a 1st fundraiser through Pampered Chef?

A: The amount of money you can raise with a 1st fundraiser through Pampered Chef varies depending on factors such as the size of your group, the duration of the fundraiser, and the products you choose to sell. On average, groups can raise anywhere from $500 to $5,000 or more. Your consultant can help you set realistic goals based on your specific situation.

Q: Are there any upfront costs or fees associated with a 1st fundraiser through Pampered Chef?

A: No, there are no upfront costs or fees associated with setting up a 1st fundraiser with Pampered Chef. Your consultant will provide all the necessary materials and support for free. You only pay for the products that you sell, and Pampered Chef will donate a portion of the sales to your cause.

Q: Can we customize the products and materials for our 1st fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

A: Yes, you can customize the products and materials for your 1st fundraiser with Pampered Chef. Your consultant can work with you to create a personalized flyer or brochure for your fundraiser, and you can also choose which products to feature in your fundraiser. Pampered Chef offers a variety of customizable options to make your fundraiser unique and successful.

Q: How long does a 1st fundraiser with Pampered Chef typically last?

A: The duration of a 1st fundraiser with Pampered Chef varies depending on your goals and needs. Most fundraisers last anywhere from 2-4 weeks, but your consultant can work with you to determine the best timeline for your specific situation. It is recommended to have a clear end date for your fundraiser to create a sense of urgency and encourage sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• infernogrl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
infernogrl
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kdangel518
Replies