• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser for Local Animal Shelter - Help!

In summary, my director is apparently going away this week and I need to drop off a "flyer" regarding the fundraiser I offered to the gal at the shelter where I adopted my Miley (DSH). I offered to have flyers at their event on 4/19 and have my open house for the shelter too. I told the shelter girl that I would drop off a flyer for her to take a look at tomorrow or Wednesday!
dkitten13
My Director is apparently going away this week (I didn't know!) and I need to drop off a "flyer" regarding the fundraiser I offered to the gal at the shelter where I adopted my Miley (DSH). I offered to have flyers at their event on 4/19 and have my open house for the shelter too.

My question is, what do I do/propose? I thought my director could help me or send me something but her mom answered the phone, said she was packing and could she call when they return (late Sunday).

I told the shelter girl that I would drop off a flyer for her to take a look at tomorrow or Wednesday!

Also, totally forgot that May is BC Awareness month - will I not be able to do another fundraiser that month?

Thanks!

Fundraiser "donations" by PC are explained in the Policies. Here are the basics. The complete details are on pages 6-7.

The following rules apply:
• The contribution is based on the total guest sales before
tax and shipping. All guest sales must include sales tax.
There is no tax exempt status for an individual.
• If total guest sales before tax and shipping are less than
$600, the contribution is 10%.
• If total guest sales before tax and shipping are $600 or
more, the contribution will be 15%.
• An additional $3 will be contributed for every future
Show booking from the fundraiser.
• The merchandise and the fundraiser check will be
shipped separately to the ship-to address.

You can earn 15% commission on Cooking Show
Fundraisers. This increases to 17% once you achieve
$15,000 in career sales.

Anything above & beyond to offer would be your choice. If you want bookings, you might offer $5 for bookings ($3 from PC, $2 from your pocket). You can also offer part of your commission, too. That is up to you.

Someone correct me if I am wrong...but I don't think Fundraisers are affected by HWC in May. I didn't see anything in the policies, but I can only assume that you can have a FR in May. The added benefit is that when the guests buy one of the guest special items, that they would be helping an additional charity.

You can probably find some nice fundraiser flyers in the Files section here. Just change the amounts/donations to match the PC donations plus what you want to personally match.

Thank you! I think I may see if she can offer to do the opening show at her home or someone else's as if I make it my open house I won't get the added host benefits!

I have a friend who runs a small cat shelter. She wanted to do a show (we didn't discuss it as a FR) as she bakes a lot and needed PC items. (She bakes for all the shelter's Bake Sales). So I handled it as a normal show, she earned a ton of Free Product, host special, etc. But, I decided to give her half my commission to donate to the shelter. I still made a nice amount for my effort, she got products AND I was able to donate something to the shleter. But, it was NOT technically a FR.

Just an idea: If you did an open house, and what you really wanted was the FPV, perhaps you could donate your entire commission? I guess the Shelter could still try to get outside orders, you would prmote that your entire commission is being donated (no one really needs to know about the Free Products, etc). And, really, they would be getting a higher amount (if your Commission would be 20%, that would be better than the 10%/15% by PC). But, it would really be YOU doing the donating - so you would need to think about what you are trying to accomplish.

By the way, I think the "host"/chairperson of the FR still has the opportunity to buy the host special that month, they just don't get all the other perks.

Thanks again! Another thing to think of...

1. What is the fundraiser for?

The fundraiser is for a local animal shelter, which provides care and support for homeless animals in our community.

2. Can anyone participate in the fundraiser?

Yes, anyone can participate in the fundraiser! It is open to all individuals and organizations who want to support animals in need.

3. How does the fundraiser work?

The fundraiser works by selling Pampered Chef products through a dedicated online party link or in-person party. The host will receive a percentage of the sales to donate to the animal shelter.

4. How much money will be donated to the animal shelter?

The amount donated to the animal shelter will depend on the total sales from the fundraiser. Typically, the donation ranges from 10-15% of the total sales.

5. Can I choose which animal shelter to donate to?

Yes, you can choose which local animal shelter you would like to donate to. We will work with you to select a shelter in your community that will benefit the most from the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • infernogrl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
infernogrl
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby