• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Animal Shelter Fundraiser Recipe Ideas???

In summary, many vegetarians and vegans have good recipe ideas for dishes that highlight the products from Morningstar Farms and Boca Crumbles. One option is a Kitty Litter Cake that is also vegan, while another is Quorn, which can be made with any veggies and served over rice or pasta.
CABean03
Hi there,

I am doing a fundraiser show for the local animal shelter that I volunteer with. Many of the volunteers are vegetarians (some are even vegans) and I was wondering if anyone had some good recipe ideas for this type of group that highlights PC products??

Here's one of my favorite veggie recipes - I even won a chili cook-off for best tasting with this recipe:
package Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) tomato puree
1 cup water
1 envelope (1.25 oz.) chili seasoning mix
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
fat-free sour cream (optional)
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Sliced green onions (optional)
Shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (optional)

Directions
1. In large saucepan combine Morningstar Farms® Meal StartersTM Grillers® Recipe CrumblesTM, kidney beans, black beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato puree, water, seasoning mix and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with sour cream, cilantro, green onions or cheese, if desired.
(Without the "extras" it's vegan and with the extras it's vegetarian.

It may be silly but it's yummy and us cat-people love it. lol.

How about Puppy Chow? It's simple, but you can shake it in the Collapsible Serving Bowl or the 8-qt. SS bowl. :) Do it with the Kitty Litter Cake, and you've got both cats and dogs represented.

chefann said:
How about Puppy Chow? It's simple, but you can shake it in the Collapsible Serving Bowl or the 8-qt. SS bowl. :) Do it with the Kitty Litter Cake, and you've got both cats and dogs represented.

Mmmmm - I love Puppy Chow! Chocolatey, Sweet, and Salty all together - it's the ideal snack!

Here's another - you can buy this: Quorn | Product Details and make a stirfry with any veggies you like and serve over rice or pasta.
Here's main Quorn website: Quorn | Home - they have all sorts of recipes for vegetarian and vegan dishes.

how is puppy chow made?

I think those would both be great for me to take to a Halloween party I am going to with my kids!!

Thanks Ann!!

sk8rgrrl99 said:
Here's another - you can buy this: Quorn | Product Details and make a stirfry with any veggies you like and serve over rice or pasta.
Here's main Quorn website: Quorn | Home - they have all sorts of recipes for vegetarian and vegan dishes.

Okay - now I use the Morningstar and Boca crumbles...and like them both (Usually buy whichever is on sale) but the Quorn I have been leary of...does it really taste like meat? I've just been hesitant to buy it.

I had the Chik'n Tenders in a stirfry - olive oil and garlic in a pan, heat the pan, put in the tenders (frozen), add frozen veggies, put lid on and let it all cook - and it was SO good. Tasted just like chicken!

Wow thank you all for the super helpful ideas! Now it will be hard to choose. :)

1. What are some easy recipes that can be used for an animal shelter fundraiser?

Some easy recipe ideas for an animal shelter fundraiser could include baked goods such as cookies, brownies, or cupcakes. Other options could include simple dishes like pasta salads, chili, or casseroles.

2. Are there any recipes that are specifically vegetarian or vegan friendly?

Yes, there are many vegetarian and vegan-friendly recipes that can be used for an animal shelter fundraiser. Some ideas could include vegetable stir-fry, lentil soup, or a quinoa salad.

3. Can I incorporate products from Pampered Chef into my fundraiser recipes?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and ingredients that can be used in your fundraiser recipes. You could use our stoneware for baking, our knives for chopping ingredients, and our seasonings for flavoring dishes.

4. How can I make my recipes stand out and attract more donations?

To make your recipes stand out and attract more donations, you could add a creative twist to traditional dishes, use unique ingredients, or offer a variety of options for dietary restrictions. You could also emphasize that all proceeds from the fundraiser will go towards supporting animals in need.

5. Can I get some recipe inspiration or ideas from Pampered Chef for my animal shelter fundraiser?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipe ideas that could be used for an animal shelter fundraiser. You can check out our website or reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for more information and inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg