• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Write-In Receipts, Oof, and Shipping

Sure, I can send it to you. I think the best way to handle this is for HO to have two versions of each available. One with the preprinted $4, and one blank. Then we can all just input the information we want without having to stamp everything. I wish the OOF wasn't in Adobe. It would be nice to be able to type in your information and not stamp everything.Print one and have tons of copies made, with your information and the shipping cost.
spoiledchef
Okay, so WHY did they take off the S&H on all of the receipts???? I do NOT want to waste time having to write-in $4.00 on EVERY receipt! I think that was a big mistake...I mean, come on...how many times do we get requests for DIRECT shipping from actual guests AT a cooking show? I've NEVER received it. Now, online orders and catalog shows, SURE. But -- the majority of our business is from guests AT the show...so why did they do this? Anyone know? Are you all as aggravated w/this as I am, or am I just having a bad day? LOL!

What you can do is print off an OOF, put your sticker on it, write in $4 shipping and then get it copied.

That is a good idea. I wish the OOF wasn't in Adobe. It would be nice to be able to type in your information and not stamp everything. Print one and have tons of copies made, with your information and the shipping cost.

Just my opinion.

Well, I know we're the minority, but those of us who are consultants overseas (at military bases) always had to cross through it because ALL of our orders are direct ship. So for our minority, it's great! But I completely understand it's a pain for MANY more of you!

So Gillian and Debi and other consultants with different shipping charges don't have to cross out $4 and write in their higher amounts every time.

Exactly! Unfortunately, my customers (APO addresses) have to pay direct ship rates PLUS a $5 surcharge PER ORDER. Yuck! Gillian has a $2 surcharge.

sslangley -- I couldn't agree MORE! I wish there was a way to add all of our information the OOF, but I've yet to figure out how. Anyone know how we can edit it and add info?

And the overseas thing makes sense.

I wonder how crazy it would be to suggest to HO to have two versions of each available. One with the preprinted $4, and one blank.

I have to agree with Debi, we are the minority but it sure is nice for us to not have to cross out the $4!! It's amazing that we have more than 100% mark up on some of our shipping charges to get from IL to NY, but that's in a whole different thread!!!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Exactly! Unfortunately, my customers (APO addresses) have to pay direct ship rates PLUS a $5 surcharge PER ORDER. Yuck! Gillian has a $2 surcharge.

I just found out about the shipping increase today when I was looking over the forms I received. :(

DMB75 said:
I just found out about the shipping increase today when I was looking over the forms I received. :(

That's how I found out also! I caught it before my Director, which means her downline didn't let her know either and she's over here as well. I'm sure since it didn't apply to them, they didn't even catch it. I wouldn't have. But I do wish HO would have prepared us!

I actually had a show yesterday and the Host told me that someone was going to place an outside order until she saw the shipping charges on my OOF. She told my Host that she knew someone else here that is a consultant and they said there is no increase, my rates were bogous. Wow! That makes it hard for us AND that consultant will have to EAT those $5 charges and at $5 an order, that could really hurt!

OMG Debi!! I can't believe someone said that!!! What's even worse is that most of us here know each other in some way!!

Although $11 shipping for a $5 order is a little nuts, so I don't blame the customer for thinking that!!

stephanieboyd said:
OMG Debi!! I can't believe someone said that!!! What's even worse is that most of us here know each other in some way!!

Although $11 shipping for a $5 order is a little nuts, so I don't blame the customer for thinking that!!

Well, I don't know if ANY of us associate with or talk to the members of the other Cluster that is here locally but all I could guess was that is was a member of that Cluster. Sandi sent out a pretty extensive e-mail about the big conference call the questions about the shipping increase for us caused.

Is there two clusters? I just thought it was only your(Sandi's) cluster, whoops. Having Erika next door and you here helps keep me in the loop. Apparently not as well as I thought!!

Can you forward that email to me? I know she was going to talk about ideas to not let our businesses go in the tank, did she ever share those with you guys?

stephanieboyd said:
Is there two clusters? I just thought it was only your(Sandi's) cluster, whoops. Having Erika next door and you here helps keep me in the loop. Apparently not as well as I thought!!

Can you forward that email to me? I know she was going to talk about ideas to not let our businesses go in the tank, did she ever share those with you guys?

I'm going to e-mail you!

Stephanie -- hey girl...I couldn't help but notice on the "other" board that you are now a FD...good for you...how'd you do it? :)

Sorry to hijack your thread, Sherrie!!

It was all pure luck!!! There was really no real recruiting involved!!! I just quit giving them away!!

Stephanie, did you get my e-mail?

And there is one other cluster here. Actually, the Director live in the cul de sac over from me! I also "heard" she just promoted a Director up around Spangdahlem.

I just don't think there are enough of us here to make two full clusters, but I guess there are more than I thought. And more moving in and out every PCS season!!! I can only imagine how much they are stepping on each other at Spang!!!

stephanieboyd said:
I just don't think there are enough of us here to make two full clusters, but I guess there are more than I thought. And more moving in and out every PCS season!!! I can only imagine how much they are stepping on each other at Spang!!!

In this area where I live in Vogelweh Housing, there are at least 7 in a ONE BLOCK radius from me!!! Of course, two of them are MY recruits! LOL!

NOOOOO WAYYYY!!!!! I thought it was a big coincidence when Erika rented the other half of my duplex out here in the sticks!! It sure was convenient for her open house last weekend, I just ran next door when she needed another product to borrow!!!

stephanieboyd said:
NOOOOO WAYYYY!!!!! I thought it was a big coincidence when Erika rented the other half of my duplex out here in the sticks!! It sure was convenient for her open house last weekend, I just ran next door when she needed another product to borrow!!!

That's awesome! I hope her Open House went well! My wasn't what I hoped for but it definitely could have been worse!

The poor German neighbors must think us American women are crazy!! We are the only Americans in the neighborhood so they must think we are all pregnant, driving big trucks, and selling PC!! I am sure it was entertaining for them to see me running between our houses with tons of stuff!!!

I think she did just over $500 at her open house. I didn't stick around for the show, but when I saw her at the doc the next day she was happy with the result.

stephanieboyd said:
The poor German neighbors must think us American women are crazy!! We are the only Americans in the neighborhood so they must think we are all pregnant, driving big trucks, and selling PC!! I am sure it was entertaining for them to see me running between our houses with tons of stuff!!!

I think she did just over $500 at her open house. I didn't stick around for the show, but when I saw her at the doc the next day she was happy with the result.

That's awesome!

PamperedChefDebi said:

I just had someone place an order with me and shipping was over $15.00 to an APO address. So their $55 order was over $70 with shipping. I was amazed it cost so much. The bad thing is most of their items were small stuff like the rubs and mixes.

Donna

Oh yeah, and another thing that some may not know.....we can't get the Double Strength Vanilla over here either, so don't let your customers order that.

stephanieboyd said:
Oh yeah, and another thing that some may not know.....we can't get the Double Strength Vanilla over here either, so don't let your customers order that.

They should list that in the catalog. I'll make a note of it. Thanks Stephanie.

I have an APO catolog party right now. I am thinking that is why I am not orders for it. The shipping is too much!

If it's a February show, it's the old shipping rates.....any chance it's a Feb show??

This might helpPrint your OOF's from CC as you normally would. Put your paper back into the printer & use this word document to 'fill-in' your information. You'll have to key in your info & then save it, but it should save you time from stamping or running copies.

Attachments

• OrderFormInfoTemplate.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 250
crystalscookingnow said:
Print your OOF's from CC as you normally would. Put your paper back into the printer & use this word document to 'fill-in' your information. You'll have to key in your info & then save it, but it should save you time from stamping or running copies.

Thanks, Crystal! I just put in my info and am going to try it. I've been wanting something like this for quite sometime. Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Why did they take off the S&H on all of the receipts?

The decision to remove S&H on all receipts was likely made to simplify the ordering process for both guests and consultants. It eliminates the need for guests to calculate and add shipping costs to their orders, and also reduces the potential for errors in shipping charges. This change may also help to encourage more online and catalog orders, as guests will not have to pay additional shipping fees.

Why do I have to write-in $4.00 on every receipt?

The write-in amount of $4.00 is likely a placeholder for the shipping fee that used to be included on receipts. This allows for consistency in the ordering process, and also helps to avoid confusion for guests who may be used to seeing a shipping fee on their receipts.

Why did they make this change if the majority of our business is from guests at the show?

While it may seem that the majority of business comes from guests at the show, online and catalog orders may actually make up a significant portion of sales. By removing the S&H on all receipts, it may encourage more guests to place orders outside of the show, ultimately increasing overall sales for the company.

Has anyone actually received a request for direct shipping from a guest at a cooking show?

It is possible that some consultants may have received requests for direct shipping from guests at cooking shows, but it is not a common occurrence. The majority of guests are likely to place orders at the show, and this change may help to increase online and catalog orders instead.

Are other consultants as aggravated with this change as I am?

It is understandable to feel frustrated with changes to the ordering process, especially if it means more work for consultants. However, it is important to remember that these changes are likely made with the intention of improving the ordering experience for guests and potentially increasing sales for the company. It may take some time to adjust, but ultimately it could be beneficial in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefSandyK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jtoler_funchefshows
  • chefgirlrd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Malinda Klein