• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Microsoft Program: Seeking Input

In summary, Anyone have any input on this new program? People seem to agree that it is not a good idea to use it yet, and that Vista is not as good as previous versions of Windows.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
Anyone have any input on this new program?
I need to buy a Microsoft package, and wondered about this one that was just released.

It's not really a program, it's a new version of Windows. Unless you have a very new computer, it will probably slow your system down. And it's probably riddled with bugs and security holes. (Disclaimer: I have not used Vista yet, nor will I until a) there's been at least one set of patches/fixes and b) I absolutely have to in order to use the software I have.)

I agreeI second what Ann said. I'm not an expert, but I've learned through experience NEVER to use a new version of any software, because they are ALWAYS loaded with problems.

My DH is a computer geek and he say DO NOT GET IT until they have service pack 1 out. He says they are already working on it.

Ditto on all the above. Our IT guys here at work aren't too keen on the new program.

I'm not to keen on Microsoft at all, but that's my Mac-using bias coming out. :)

And, also, as a note for everyone...we are testing Microsoft Office 2007, and it is a huge memory hog and runs slow when running with Windows XP. We are just starting to install Vista and then will try Office again to see if it runs it better.I am so happy with XP, but because we are on a campus, we need to stay up to date so that we can help students that switch over....personally, certainly wait!

chefann said:
I'm not to keen on Microsoft at all, but that's my Mac-using bias coming out. :)

....and of course Vista is TRYING to replicate the Mac OS!! They are trying to add all of the effects to things, which in turn are just bogging the system down.... Mac already has that streamlined :)

I have already decided that I will not, under any circumstances, buy Vista. They've crippled it in an attempt to combat pirates - it's crippled to the point that it's annoying for the average innocent user to use.Not to MENTION the bugs.I won't do it.I'm buying a Mac when I can afford it.

jenniferp417 said:
I have already decided that I will not, under any circumstances, buy Vista. They've crippled it in an attempt to combat pirates - it's crippled to the point that it's annoying for the average innocent user to use.

Not to MENTION the bugs.

I won't do it.

I'm buying a Mac when I can afford it.

Mac Mini's are pretty darn cheap!!

I thought about that - but I want to play World of Warcraft on it too, AND play Itunes at the same time... so I'm holding out for a more powerful system.In the meantime, if I could easily use those programs AND P3 under Linux... I wouldn't wait, I'd dump Windows NOW.

My boyfriend would love you! He is always trying to get me to play Call of Duty with him....lol. Anyway, Macs can handle multiple programs MUCH better than a PC....I think that you would be fine using both on a mini!

Mac-using PC Consultants, UNITE!

I may have to save up some commission checks and get a mini.Right now, I'm pretty much pouring my commission right back into more tools and of course supplies and paperwork.Once I've got a few more things, THEN I'm start saving for the great "Escape Microsoft" exodus.I'm so glad there are other Mac users here! :)

jenniferp417 said:
I may have to save up some commission checks and get a mini.

Right now, I'm pretty much pouring my commission right back into more tools and of course supplies and paperwork.

Once I've got a few more things, THEN I'm start saving for the great "Escape Microsoft" exodus.

I'm so glad there are other Mac users here! :)

and other Michigan-dwelling Mac users! (I'm going to show my ignorance - where is Laingsburg?)

OOh OOh - I know where Laingsburg is - because I grew up in Perry!:D :D :D
(they are both east of Lansing)

ok...I read this thread title and thought ooh I can actually help this person by answering this.....I felt smart for about 2 seconds....Then I read everyones response....now I feel dumb. I have no idea what most of you said....I'm not as computer savvy as I thought.
Call of Duty~I got. my dh plays in front of kids and I want to strangle him!

I will say what I planned on saying though. We bought a new dell and along with it we will receive windows Vista, but were told in the paperwork not to install it until we are notified that it is safe....to me that's scary and not worth any advantage it might have

Microsoft (or Micro-shaft as I like to call them) has a long history of shipping products that are full of holes and bugs. If I were you Dusty, I wouldn't install Vista until Service Pack one comes out, which they are working on already.

well rats...I WAS planning to buy a brand spanking new lap top before the 14th and Wal-mart had one for less than $500 but with Vista. All of them that just came out for purchase on 1/30 have it pre installed. I hope I can still get the old ones....or does anyone have an ETA on the fix packs coming out for it?

Becky's right - East of Lansing, West of Flint. Shiawassee county, if you've heard of that.We have about 1200 people. It's an itty-bitty "don't blink you'll miss it" kind of town... except you have to go out of your way to get here. I love it, especially after living in Lansing for two years!

jenniferp417 said:
Becky's right - East of Lansing, West of Flint. Shiawassee county, if you've heard of that.
Here's the "six degrees" link. I live in metro Detroit, but on Shiawassee Road!
Cool.

Wow, how neat! :)

What is the purpose of the "New Microsoft Program: Seeking Input"?

The purpose of the "New Microsoft Program: Seeking Input" is for Microsoft to gather feedback and suggestions from users to improve their upcoming program.

How can I participate in the program and provide my input?

To participate in the "New Microsoft Program: Seeking Input", you can sign up on the Microsoft website and fill out a survey to share your thoughts and ideas.

Will my suggestions be taken into consideration?

Yes, Microsoft values the input of their users and will carefully review and consider all suggestions and feedback provided through the program.

Is there a deadline to submit my input?

Yes, there is typically a deadline for submitting input for the "New Microsoft Program: Seeking Input". Be sure to check the program's website for the specific deadline date.

Will I be compensated for participating in the program?

At this time, there is no compensation for participating in the "New Microsoft Program: Seeking Input". However, you will have the opportunity to shape and improve the upcoming program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebinIA
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cvaccaro
  • Shawnna