• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New home open house

kimmers

Dec 19, 2005
I am doing a new home open house and looking for an invitation flyer to send out. Does anyone have anything?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
different?

I am very interested in this idea and would like to get a flyer as well as ideas on how this would work. Do you just do a traditional show and let the hostess walk everyone around at the end (since that's why some people will have come to see the whole house)? I was thinking of purposing one with different products throughout the house featuring how they could be used (garlic press for playdough hair in the play room, candles in bedroom, baker's roller for back massages, etc.). I just couldn't come up with something a bit more interesting than just a show....BEE

kimmers

Dec 19, 2005
Good ideas Bee!

I was thinking about doing just a traditional show, but your ideas are good. Maybe do a small scale scavenger hunt or something. Most of the people that will be coming to it are relatives that haven't seen the new place yet. I'm very open to any and all ideas though.

Kim

Feb 14, 2006
open kitchen

Hi - this is my first post, I just found this board a couple days ago! Anyways, I just did this kind of thing last weekend, I called it an Open Kitchen. It was mostly my relatives that came that had never seen the house yet. I stuck some invites in my neighbors mailboxes, none of them came but I think it still turned out good.

What I did was made a bunch of PC appetizers and then I had some demo stations set up on my island - a plate with the garlic press and a bunch of garlic, a plate with the microplane and some lemon and ginger to grate, my cutting board with a loaf of bread and the serrated bread knife to cut it with and oil/vinegar dipping beside, corer and crinkle cutter with cucumber and carrots to make cucumber carrots. I also had the idea of setting up an area to show my favorite 'Top 10 Tools'. And of course I had catalogs lying around.

I wanted it to be more low-key, no actual show so they could snoop around better. I did offer everyone the past host discount of 10% off orders and put together some oddsn'ends of PC stuff I had for a gift basket draw prize.

I think the best part is that you can feed all your friends and write it off!

kimmers

Dec 19, 2005
medhatterchef said:
Hi - this is my first post, I just found this board a couple days ago! Anyways, I just did this kind of thing last weekend, I called it an Open Kitchen. It was mostly my relatives that came that had never seen the house yet. I stuck some invites in my neighbors mailboxes, none of them came but I think it still turned out good.

What I did was made a bunch of PC appetizers and then I had some demo stations set up on my island - a plate with the garlic press and a bunch of garlic, a plate with the microplane and some lemon and ginger to grate, my cutting board with a loaf of bread and the serrated bread knife to cut it with and oil/vinegar dipping beside, corer and crinkle cutter with cucumber and carrots to make cucumber carrots. I also had the idea of setting up an area to show my favorite 'Top 10 Tools'. And of course I had catalogs lying around.

I wanted it to be more low-key, no actual show so they could snoop around better. I did offer everyone the past host discount of 10% off orders and put together some oddsn'ends of PC stuff I had for a gift basket draw prize.

I think the best part is that you can feed all your friends and write it off!

I like this idea too. Did you have an invitation that you sent out? If you did, would you be willing to share it?

Thanks,
Kim

Feb 14, 2006
invite attachments

Hi,

Here it is, you could also add in a line about RSVP'ing (and getting a free gift of course!)

You might have to play around with the sizing, I originally did it in PowerPoint. I get my fonts from fontface, this one used Mordred, hope it works!

(here's the front - it won't let me add the back in this msg)

Attachments

• open kitchen front.doc
    190 KB · Views: 386
Feb 14, 2006
the back...

...okay, so I had to remove my pic in the back - I think it was too large to upload.

I also included one I just did for Spring Catalog shows, I'm not sure what the US is doing but we're having a big 'by the 10th' promotion so I'm trying to get at least 2 shows by the 10th of March. It'll have to be edited for US specials.

-h

Attachments

• open kitchen back.doc
    23 KB · Views: 373
  • spring catalogue show.doc
    71 KB · Views: 443