• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant - Needs Help With Bookings

In summary, Missi is doing everything she can to prepare for her business, but she is getting discouraged by not getting any bookings. She hopes that by doing the on-line training courses and working hard she will be prepared for the future.
missi.robbins
Hi everyone! I'm having a tough time getting past my first 4 bookings! I talked to my director - but she wasn't that much help. Here's what I've done so far...

My party May 12th - $600.00 in sales - which no one booked from - well I guess technically my Mom and Sister - but they have to they're family!

My dog's trainer May 27th - says she has 1 person coming! :eek:( I'm not counting on that one person booking a show! I'm not even sure it'll meet the $150 min. And she doesn't even care about the hostess benefits. SO I'm having a hard time motivating her to invite new people she doesn't even really know!

My sister - June 4th - sounds like she'll have a good party - but she lives about 100 miles from me - and everyone she's inviting lives down there - so if I have bookings they'll have to be on weekends - and I'll have to drive the 100 miles!

My mom - who lives in WI - is doing a catalog show for me - I live in CO!

I've put a sign with hostesss benefits, business cards, and catalogs at my chiropractor's office. I've talked to all the girls at work - one has agreed to switch a jewelry party for a PC party - but not until the fall. I've pretty much asked EVERYONE I can think of - and have gone through my list of 40 we made at the last cluster meeting. I've even posted an ad on Craigslist with the next 3 months specials and hostess benefits! A friend of mine has been handing business cards out to Girl Scout moms. I'm just getting a little discouraged - I'm trying so hard but people don't want to book! I'm even going to a "networking" get together next Friday with a friend of mine. But I'm in desperate need of getting bookings by my place - or my business is going to go down the tubes FAST! Can anyone help! PLEASE!

Thanks!
Discouraged Missi!

Hi Missi...I'm just starting out as well. I read a quote on here regarding the 90 day rule. Something like..."What you do today will affect your business 90 days from now." I'm focusing on that. I'm laying the groundwork for a solid foundation rather than just getting the shows etc. I'm taking the on line training courses, going to watch other consultants in my cluster, etc. I'm using the first 90 days as "training" so to speak. Of course, I'm still trying to book etc., but making my main focus be on preparing for a long on going business. So, if it takes a month or two for me to be up to speed...then I'm accepting that and not getting frustrated. "Rome wasn't built in a day!"

Maybe this isn't the type of thinking one should have...but it is keeping me focused and motivated. Good luck...just reading through this board everytime inspires me!!!!!

The first thing I did was have an open house, I don't know if you have done that, but it is a start. Have you asked your neighbors?

I don't know if you are married, but I was really surprised with all the people that my husband came up with to call.

Also, if you work another job, maybe the people that you work with would be interested.

Cookin'Janet said:
Hi Missi...I'm just starting out as well. I read a quote on here regarding the 90 day rule. Something like..."What you do today will affect your business 90 days from now." I'm focusing on that. I'm laying the groundwork for a solid foundation rather than just getting the shows etc. I'm taking the on line training courses, going to watch other consultants in my cluster, etc. I'm using the first 90 days as "training" so to speak. Of course, I'm still trying to book etc., but making my main focus be on preparing for a long on going business. So, if it takes a month or two for me to be up to speed...then I'm accepting that and not getting frustrated. "Rome wasn't built in a day!"

Maybe this isn't the type of thinking one should have...but it is keeping me focused and motivated. Good luck...just reading through this board everytime inspires me!!!!!
I've done all 6 of the on-line training courses, and am going to a "Cook and Book" show with my up-line director on Monday. I'm READY to start doing shows - if they'd come! Plus - I've been using my products A TON at home! Good luck with your start up!

Chef Ritz said:
The first thing I did was have an open house, I don't know if you have done that, but it is a start. Have you asked your neighbors?

I don't know if you are married, but I was really surprised with all the people that my husband came up with to call.

Also, if you work another job, maybe the people that you work with would be interested.

I work a full-time - but no one there was interested. I was thinking about putting up a flyer in my apartment's leasing office with business cards too - it can't hurt! I have a live-in BF - but he doesn't know anyone up here - he used to live down by my sister. His parents live in OK!

Here's a tip for the WI catalog show: Offer the host something for any booking she gets for you. I offer the show discount at any booking the host gets for me. It also helps to get her to have a better catalog show - increasing her discount means she saves more later too. Here's how it works:

Mary held a catalog show and it totaled $515. She earned a 25% discount at her show. Her friends Joan and Sue both booked from Mary. At both of those shows Mary will not only be able to take advantage of the Monthly Host Special (huge benefit by the way), she will get 10% off her order with her past host discount and I will give her another 15% off because she got that booking for me.

Commission is no less than 20% so even if the host commission was 30% the most I would be giving as a discount is 20% and I got the orders from the new show too! AND it doesn't cost me anything at all if the show doesn't happen.

Just keep faith shows will come. I just started in March and my first 60 days I had 5 shows, I am now to my last month of super starter and have had 4 shows for this month and 6 for the month of June.

One that I got for June was just by chance, I called a lady to ask about a show and she said no, but wanted to see a book, when I called her after she had looked at the book, she placed an order and then asked me to do a bridal shower for her SIL. Things will fall into place.

I'm sorry you're discouraged, Missi. If makes you feel any better, we've all been there. Here are a couple of suggestions. You've probably heard (or read) them before, but a reminder can't hurt.

Remember that they are not doing you a favor. You are offering them something of great value.

Be positive. Your enthusiasm will be contagious.

If they aren't interested in hosting, ask if they know of someone else who might be.

May your business become all you hope for!

Welcome to Missi and ANOTHER Janet! :)

Good luck guys...like Rae says, we all hit slumps (even in the beginning sometimes)...just keep working at it and don't be afraid to call people and it will come!

missi.robbins said:
I've even posted an ad on Craigslist with the next 3 months specials and hostess benefits!

I'm sure with your motivation things will work like you want. But be careful with your internet ads. Others on here can give you the details (I'm not sure of all the specifics).
Good luck in your new business - its so much fun!

amy07 said:
I'm sure with your motivation things will work like you want. But be careful with your internet ads. Others on here can give you the details (I'm not sure of all the specifics).
Good luck in your new business - its so much fun!
Hm - I didn't know about the online thing - must have missed that through all the legal mumble-jumble! Just so everyone knows - I removed my ad. Oh well - no one contacted me through it anyway! Thanks for the tip!

booking ideas...118 WAYS TO GET BOOKINGS
1. Send a catalog to a co-worker or friend who has moved.
2. Send a catalog to reps from other party plans and ask to exchange shows.
3. Post a catalog in the teacher's lounge at your child's school.
4. Post a catalog in the employee's lunch room.
5. Hold an open house.
6. Have a booth at a church bazaar.
7. Advertise in your alumni newsletter and/or local newspaper.
8. Give a catalog to the receptionist in your doctor's or dentist's office.
9. Include a current catalog or flyer with your local bill payments.
10. Put a current catalog and sample in your neighbor's door.
11. Always carry business cards and catalogs with you to hand out.
12. Ask ALL your friends to have a show.
13. Advertise in the church bulletin.
14. Host an office party.
15. Host a Brunch.
16. Have your family wear Pampered Chef T-shirts.
17. Mail out catalogs with a wish list and order form.
18. Host your own show.
19. Host a fundraiser for your favorite charity.
20. Host a show before, during or after a PTA meeting.
21. Get a list from the Welcome Wagon to find newcomers in the area.
22. Set up a display at craft fairs.
23. Participate in a school fundraiser.
24. Have your husband or significant other promote products at work.
25. Wear a "Do You Pamper Yourself?" button.
26. Wear your charm holder and logo pins out in public.
27. Hold a Valentine's, Mother's Day, or Christmas Shopping Show for men.
28. Offer guests a Secret Santa Wish List.
29. Set up a temporary display in a mall.
30. Put a "FREE Products! Ask Me How!" button on your purse.
31. Ask past Hostesses to talk about their FREE products.
32. Hold an Opportunity Night nearby.
33. Mention Host Benefits at least 3 times per show.
34. Showcase higher priced items and remind guests they can get it half off.
35. Mention how much an "average" Host receives FREE!
36. At the beginning of the show, mention the Host goal.
37. Share upcoming specials at all shows with all guests.
38. Tell your Host how much she saved by having a show.
39. Encourage frequent customers to regularly plan shows.
40. Encourage Hosts to rebook themselves in the next 3 months.
41. Treat Hosts to a special "Hosts Appreciation Tea".
42. Encourage relatives to have a show.
43. Call your realtor with suggestions for "New Home Packages".
44. Offer to do a theme show demo/class for a local women's group.
45. Ask everyone for referrals.
46. Follow up on all referral leads on Door Prize Slips.
47. Offer a Birthday or Anniversary Club.
48. Offer a Bridal Registry.
49. Promote Pampered Chef Bridal Shower Parties.
50. Create a binder to showcase different theme show parties to choose from.
51. Create a visual for the Host Program by playing "Stack the Host".
52. Be friendly and enthusiastic.
53. Take the pieces that you LOVE to your shows!
54. Follow through on EVERY booking lead.
55. Ask, Ask, Ask.
56. Ask every guest at every show for 3 referrals.
57. Use open-ended questions to uncover objections.
58. Use products at home then share your ideas at shows.
59. Read sales, self-improvement and positive thinking books.
60. Call at least 2 potential Hosts EVERY night.
61. Dream and imagine the possibilities!
62. Set goals and review them constantly. Post where you can see them.
63. Ask friends to help you get started or to reach a certain goal.
64. Goal yourself for "x" number of shows each month.
65. Copy Host Specials and mail to past hostesses and interested clients.
66. Use postcards and newsletters to continue to spark interest.
67. Follow up phone calls to interested guests. Ask them to have a show.
68. Call all hostesses who postponed or never had their party as planned.
69. Have the Host tell why she decided to have a show.
70. Give products as gifts or donations.
71. Don't be shy talking about your products or your business.
72. Smile when talking on the telephone.
73. Make regular customer service calls to replenish products.
74. Review orders from past shows and call customers with large orders.
75. Be prepared to answer questions about your work.
76.Write down names of people who "owe you a favor", then follow up.
77. Call the most familiar people first.
78. Spend time every day working on some aspect of your business.
79. Be willing to share the Opportunity with everyone.
80. Call anyone who has said "maybe" or "sometime".
81. Contact schools, churches, and women's groups for fundraisers.
82. Advertise in football or musical programs.
83. Leave your business cards on bulletin boards or in local businesses.
84. Talk about upcoming specials with everyone.
85. Keep a list of special requests. Notify guests when that product is on sale.
86. Suggest a Christmas show so guests can shop without leaving home.
87. Offer bonuses for booking a show on certain dates.
88. Offer Book Show options to those who work in office environments.
89. Give extra service and time to good customers to make repeat customers.
90. Carry a notepad to jot down names as you think of them.
91. Let guests keep a catalog on hand to show friends or pass around at work.
92. Contact men's groups (Kiwanis, Lion's, Rotary) to host a show.
93. Offer complimentary gift-wrapping on orders over a certain amount.
94. Mail recipe postcards using monthly specials to keep in touch.
95. Have a Booking Basket for Hosts with gifts for pre-arranged bookings.
96. Strive to have 21 shows up on your calendar.
97. Offer businesses an employee gift/incentive program. Write up as a show.
98. Do a Product Lottery.
99. Get leads from participating in trade shows or business expos.
100. Take pre-wrapped gift sets to male oriented business and take orders.
101. Tell everyone to tell their friends to get their kitchen products from you.
102. Let everyone know that it's your job to give away FREE products!
103. Take several beautiful but versatile pieces to your show to demo.
104. Let customers FEEL the quality of products in their own hands.
105. Make your daily 2+2 calls. Chart your progress.
106. Participate in Bridal Trade Shows for leads.
107. Take a PC recipe in a PC dish to every function you attend that has food.
108. Pass out recipes to guests for dishes demonstrated at your show.
109. Offer a special incentive for booking a show within 2 weeks.
110. Get guest lists from Hosts so you can contact guests after the show.
111. Surprise Bookings. Call guests and ask for bookings as surprise to Host.
112. Use car magnets on car to advertise business.
113. Encourage Host to ask everyone to book a show.
114. Have Host show friends what FREE Host Bonuses she is trying to earn.
115. Ask Host to invite those who need or want a job.
116. Make a "Mix-in-a-Bag" gift for the Host. Make a recipe that focuses on Monthly Guest or Host special.
117. Make a "Host Necklace". Use one inexpensive tool for EACH booking she obtains BEFORE her show date. Tie together with curly ribbon.
118. Booking Necklaces - String inexpensive door prize items on curly ribbon. Hang 6 around Host's neck. As guests arrive, let her explain that she needs to give them all away so she can win a special gift. She can only give them to her friends who will book a show for her. Those who decide to book first get first choice of which necklace they want. They wear around their neck so you can see who already wants a show.

missi.robbins said:
Hi everyone! I'm having a tough time getting past my first 4 bookings! I talked to my director - but she wasn't that much help. Here's what I've done so far...

I've pretty much asked EVERYONE I can think of - and have gone through my list of 40 we made at the last cluster meeting.

It is hard starting out. I think I was told to come up with a list of 100 people. Various suggestions for questions to ask when calling them:

1. Would you love to get some great products free and help me wiht my business - talk about the great hosting benefits and how you both benefit from this NOT that they are doing you a favor & make sure you talk about both kitchen and catalog shows.

2. Ask if they can think of anyone that might like to host a show or buy product

3. Ask if they'd be interested in buying product

4. Ask them if there are host/guest specials that they'd like to be notified about (like cookware, stoneware, simple additions) - keep a list of these things and contact them when there are host and guest specials to see if they'd like to book a show or order the product "on special".

5. Ask if they'd like to be get your email newsletter to hear about great recipes and specials

And when you do have a show, let the host know that you'd love her/him to invite people from other circles, to increase the chances of bookings (which also helps the host, as then they'll be able to get the host booking bonus at those shows).

And encourage the host to suggest that everyone bring 1+ friends which helps you move out of your circle and helps the host get have better shows and get more FPV (free product value). If you want you can give a "gift" to guests that bring someone. Make the gift something small like the citrus peelers that you can order as part of a supply order 10 peelers for $4.00 or the quikut knives at 5 for $3.00.

Heat123 thanks for the list of 118. I too am I newer consultant and I am having a hard time booking any cooking shows. I have had several catalog shows but nothing on my calendar for the future. Thanks so much!

Hi Missi - First, welcome to PC! I too am (fairly) new and have struggled since joining in March. However, I refuse to give up. My recruiter gave me great advice - move outside of my circle, meaning book shows with folks from your dentist's office, your child's school, and neighbors. Believe me, my family is so sick of me...lol. And just so people don't forget about me (family, friends, neighbors, etc), I send an e-newsletter every month. You never want to be too far from their minds.

I hope my advice helps. Good luck and be sure to stay in touch with everyone on this site.

I totally think you should do some shows 100 miles away. That's a great idea. Both mine and my husband's parents live 3 1/2 and 5 hours away- I had a show at one's house this past week and am going back in August to do a show for her and a friend- so I'll do one for lunch and then one for dinner- 2 in a day since in August I'm not going to be available during the week due to my part time job that month. Anyhow, I'll be in my hometown for a show in June- and hope for bookings. My goal is to get a couple shows at once for the drive to make it worth it. Plus it gives me an opportunity to see friends and family I don't usually see.

But nonetheless- it gives you a break for your local area so that it gets you out of your circle so that you don't lose leads fast due to going through everyone close to you.

As for your dog trainer- did she want to have a show? Or did she do it just for you and doesn't care? Well, hopefully she'll put a little effort into it- I guess this is where you can work on your host coaching skills to see if you can convince her to invite or get outside orders from family, etc.

Good luck. I 'm new with this too- and love it!

Tysmama2002 said:
Heat123 thanks for the list of 118. I too am I newer consultant and I am having a hard time booking any cooking shows. I have had several catalog shows but nothing on my calendar for the future. Thanks so much!
You are welcome! This is my fave handout to all newbies and those in need. I am not sure who created it but I post it every time someone asks for help!:D I hope it helps!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I've already taken the approach of making sure my parties are a blast - thanks to some great ideas from this site! I plan on playing Bingo and doing a drawing with the contact sheets - so anyone who fills it out will be entered to win a prize. I also plan on giving my hostesses gifts at their parties - so everyone there can see how it's appreciated! AND giving anyone who brings a friend a gift! :) I made 2 new contacts at the dog park last week - one took a catalog and one took a business card. I'll follow up with them this week - hopefully one of them will book! I have a cook and book tonight at my up-line director's - she said she'd sit down and talk with me about ideas to get bookings. THANKS ladies!!

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free and discounted products as well as receive exclusive host rewards. You will also have the opportunity to try out new products, learn new recipes, and have a fun and memorable event with your friends and family.

How do I find people to book parties with?

There are many ways to find people to book parties with, such as reaching out to friends and family, using social media to connect with potential hosts, attending community events and networking with other businesses, and even offering incentives for referrals.

What if I don't have a lot of experience with hosting parties?

No worries! Our team at Pampered Chef is here to support and guide you every step of the way. We provide training and resources to help you feel confident and successful in hosting parties. Plus, you can always reach out to your upline or other experienced consultants for tips and advice.

What are some tips for a successful party?

Some tips for a successful party include promoting your event through social media and word of mouth, setting a fun and inviting atmosphere, offering samples and demonstrations, and following up with guests to encourage future bookings or purchases. Our team can also provide you with additional tips and resources for a successful party.

What are the best ways to increase my bookings?

One of the best ways to increase bookings is to offer incentives to guests such as free products or discounts for hosting a party. You can also ask for referrals from previous hosts or guests, reach out to potential hosts through social media or networking events, and consistently follow up with interested individuals. Our team can also provide you with additional strategies and ideas for increasing bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sailorsarah