• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help - Gotta Get Folks to Set a Date!

In summary, Rita recommends holding an open house to promote your business. And she also recommends themes for your shows.
mely
HELP - this is my first month. I have 2 ladies who said they would host parties this month - but they keep jerking me around when it comes to setting a date. I call every other day but I dont want to be too pushy. One keeps telling me that she has to ask her husband - but never gets back to me.

How do I get them to give me set dates? I really need these parties - I really really really want to get my goodies for the month.

Word of advice (from personal experience). When I first started, I did the same thing and as a consultant you will have people do this periodically. DO NOT rely on these two people to get your goodies. Don't give up on them, but schedule someone else too. If these two do follow through, chances are that they are doing it more out friendship or obligation to you, but won't put a lot of effort into inviting 40 people (to get 10-15 guests at show) and trying to make it a huge success. If it's a small number of guests, it's a smaller amount of sales, which ultimately can affect your achieving the $1,250. May will not be a strong month for getting dates due to graduations, and end of school activities for many parents. Get calendar dates asap.

Express to these two individuals how much you really appreciate them helping you get started and that it REALLY means a lot to you. Then give them a date. "I was thinking that Friday mo/dd, would be a great day for your show. Hubby is usually doing xxx. Will that work for you?"

Again, don't give up on these two...but don't rely on them either. Get at least one backup. If all else fails, they can do a catalog show if the backup books a date that the dragger may have wanted. Good luck with your business. Although it is sometimes tough to get started, once people know your serious, it takes off like a rocket. Have fun with it!
Rita

ideas for shows in MayRita is correct that you should not depend on those two but don't count them out either. And don't be afraid to ask for help from your friends to get your business started. Tell everyone you are starting out and can they help by being among your first hosts. Tell them that PC gives them tons of benefits for doing it and an extra gift because it's your first month! DOn't get discouraged!

Any month can be a good month. For me the "worse" one is December but I know consultants who get their best sales in that month! Just ask everyone! There's someone around the corner that wants it - we just have to find her (him).

Hold a HWC fundraiser. Contact local businesses to help you advertise and tell everyone about the cause. You can host it or ask a survivor to host for you. Sign up for a fair or festival. April bookings were very low for me so I added 2 festivals and was able to make my $2,500 goal!!

Before you call from that list of 100 (USE IT!!) decide on a couple themes and be excited to offer them - people love something different. Theme shows are no different to you than others. Just do a recipe that fits the theme and maybe play a game or have them wear something special. I had a guest that "does not do shows" but after I explained the chocolate lovers theme she just had to do it.

This month I would concentrate on "Pink Lady" shows. Offer pink recipes and tell the host to have everyone wear something pink. Or do a graduation show. When those kids go off to college they will need stuff! Microcookers, small bar pans, can openers, etc. etc. are very useful in those dorms!

Promote bridal showers, Father's Day, equiping the beach house...

Hold an open house!I know...you always hear this one, but for me, this worked. I am still working on the bookings just from my open house, which has led me to more bookings. I knew one person here...and 2 months later, I haven't run out yet and I do not have family to rely on.

Try an open house or two. I was on line at Walmart today buying stuff to make the Ice Cream Torte for my daughter's b/day and started to strike up a conversation with a lady on line (as we all have done)...after chatting about kids, pregnancy etc. she asked what I did and I told her... she wants to book a party!!
Keep talking, in everything you do, promote yourself and your business...you'll get far more than these 2 people...above all... don't get discouraged... things can really change in an instant!!!!

Getting those datesI was told by my director from the beginning (which was a few weeks ago!!) that you should offer two dates, the first date being the one that you really wanted filled, and they would tend toward that one, for some reason!
Also, I marked my calendar with dates that I wanted filled, and called until those dates were full, and have gotten dates into the next months, too. Hope things go well!!

One of the first things you need to do is to get out your calendar and mark the dates you want to work. I do this by color coding my calendar with the flag post-it notes. The days I can work are in pink (pink for Pampered Chef). My meetings and family obligations are in orange and red flags are ABSOLUTELY NOT WORKING days.

When people say YES or MAYBE (a maybe is a yes in waiting), you ask them, CAN I SHOW YOU THE DATES I HAVE AVAILABLE? People (even the maybes) will not say no. You are not asking them to commit....just look at the open dates. At a quick glance, I can see what is open. I tell them I have May 14 and May 12 available...if you were going to have a few friends over, which one would you want.

You want to say the date you REALLY want filled LAST...people tend to pick the last date they hear.

If they are a maybe say, "I'll go ahead and pencil you in and you can check your calendar at home and see if this date works for you. I fill up very fast and don't want you to miss out on the date."

They have no idea if I am swamped...all they see are a bunch of stickers. FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT! No one wants to book with someone who has NOTHING on their calendar.

Let them know these are the dates you have available. Don't ever say, "when do you want to have a show?" They might pick a date when you don't want to work. Know ahead of time when you want to work.

ALWAYS know your next 2 available dates even if you don't have your calendar with you.

IdeasFirst, congratulations! I joined PC last July and have been thrilled by it since!Have you considered having your "own" show? That's what I did. I had two of my own shows to help jump start my business. Sounds like maybe a live kitchen show wasn't really working for them, or what they wanted. Here's a couple of things I would try:
First, call one of the ladies and let her know that your calendar is filling up (even though it may not be). Give her the choice of two dates. Even if she books next month, take it and then look for other bookings. If she still can't commit, ask her to have a catalog show (you only need to submit a min. $150 per show).
Second, offer her an incentive....book by the end of the month and I will purchase any 2 of the Help Whip Cancer items (place them on her order and you will automatically get 15% off for a min. $150 order. Show on the payment schedule that it is a consultant gift.
Third, if she isn't ready to host a show this month, ask her if she knows anyone else that might be interested. If they book this month, give her a free item...etc. for the referral.

We have all been there! Keep your chin up and smile! If you need more help, let me know!
Shawn
[email protected]

mely said:
HELP - this is my first month. I have 2 ladies who said they would host parties this month - but they keep jerking me around when it comes to setting a date. I call every other day but I dont want to be too pushy. One keeps telling me that she has to ask her husband - but never gets back to me.

How do I get them to give me set dates? I really need these parties - I really really really want to get my goodies for the month.

Open HouseI am so happy that I found this site. I found it just as a fluke surfing around on the net! I am looking for ways to get more bookings, and I've been playing with the idea of holding an Open House at my boyfriends condo (there are 700 units).

Can someone please give me some ideas of how an Open House would work?

Thanks

ladybug said:
I know...you always hear this one, but for me, this worked. I am still working on the bookings just from my open house, which has led me to more bookings. I knew one person here...and 2 months later, I haven't run out yet and I do not have family to rely on.

Try an open house or two. I was on line at Walmart today buying stuff to make the Ice Cream Torte for my daughter's b/day and started to strike up a conversation with a lady on line (as we all have done)...after chatting about kids, pregnancy etc. she asked what I did and I told her... she wants to book a party!!
Keep talking, in everything you do, promote yourself and your business...you'll get far more than these 2 people...above all... don't get discouraged... things can really change in an instant!!!!
:) :confused:

Stephanie S said:
I am looking for ways to get more bookings, and I've been playing with the idea of holding an Open House at my boyfriends condo (there are 700 units). Can someone please give me some ideas of how an Open House would work?

Stephanie,
Glad you found us. An Open House is a great opportunity, if done in the right way. You MUST HOST COACH YOURSELF! You must also PERSONALLY INVITE your guests. PERSONALLY go to each person's home and introduce yourself. If the person is not home, leave an invitation. Tell them you are planning on having an open house and you'd love for them to attend. Let them know that you are trying to see how many people will be attending so could they write their name and number so you know how many to plan for. Also let them know that you will give them a reminder call.

PEOPLE will do business with you when they KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Hosting An Open HouseThank you Ginger,

Do you simply display your products, have a couple of food samples, allow people to look at the products, ask questions, etc.?

I was also thinking of having an incentive for people to book their own show that day, by offering a gift to those who book.

any thoughts?

PamperedGinger said:
Stephanie,
Glad you found us. An Open House is a great opportunity, if done in the right way. You MUST HOST COACH YOURSELF! You must also PERSONALLY INVITE your guests. PERSONALLY go to each person's home and introduce yourself. If the person is not home, leave an invitation. Tell them you are planning on having an open house and you'd love for them to attend. Let them know that you are trying to see how many people will be attending so could they write their name and number so you know how many to plan for. Also let them know that you will give them a reminder call.

PEOPLE will do business with you when they KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

I did an open house yesterday and it was a huge flop! I had 2 people show, one was my best friend who has booked my first kitchen show already and the other did place an order. I was really disappointed. I personally invited alot of people and did alot of prep work. June is my first ss month and I was hoping to hit it off with a bang. I am trying not to get too discouraged. My best friend has been great though. She says open houses are hard and she has had alot of people rsvp for her show, so I am going to keep my hopes up. In the mean time I am going to call my other friends and invite them to her show. I know it happens but it was hard b/c it was my first show of any type. But anyway, thanks everyone for advise. I am glad I am part of PC and now this makes me even more determined(hopefully I can keep up this frame of mind).

My experience with Open HOuses is that they can be great or they can be a flop. I think you just never know. It sounds like you did all the right things, such as inviting people personally. It may help to do another one down the road when you have a bigger customer base. I know some people have done them on two separate days so people have a choice of days and will hopefully come to at least one. It is a lot of work though. My most recent one was back in August one week after we moved into a brand new house (it was a great way to meet some neighbors since I invited our whole subdivision-60 or so homes- but only 5 of the neighbors showed up) and I was almost 9 months pregnant at the time. I guess it was successful because I got enough orders to submit as a show, I got my name out there and now all the neighbors know I do PC and (most importantly :) ) it made me get my kitchen all unpacked and organized! And I unpacked a lot of other boxes.

So you just never really know how they turn out. From now on I know I won't waste lots of money on postage. I'll do a lot through email with follow up calls and I won't put a ton of time into preparing a bunch of stuff. Good luck in your new business!

I scheduled an open house yesterday and I invited 30 people and noone showed up :( I am going to refocus my efforts and change my super starter month to June. :(

I am sorry yalls open houses have been so not good :( Hopefully things will go better next time.

I had my first party on the 25th with $600 in sales. I thought it was great! (but I only got one booking for july) I guess that helps with the flop of an open house I had. I have to people working on catalog shows for june, but that is all I have. June is my ss month so I was hoping to hit it off with a "bang" as I said before. BUt I am still really excited. I was very nervous at my first show, but half way through I was loving it and can hardly wait until my next kitchen show. I heard some people talking about MAC. Does anybody know a way to call the people who placed outside orders to maybe book a party? Thanks agian for everybodies help and advise!

Big MAC callsI think outside order customers are great to contact, and the calls can be much easier!! I just started doing customer care calls and it really works!

I did not do it the morning after, but I did it when their product arrived. You can change it slightly since it is a Big MAC call.

I have a little bullet point script on index paper taped to my desk:

- Introduce myself, thank them for placing an order through ___host name.
- I then ask if they recieved the products okay, is everything in tact and satisfactory ( I guess for Big Mac you could go over what they ordered or tell them the scheduled date it should arrive)
- I then choose one of the products (I use stoneware if possible) and say,

" I know your Large Round Stone came with a product use and care sheet, but since you weren't at the show, here's a few tips: Remember to spray your stone for the first 5-6 uses with cooking spray or cook a high fat recipe like cookies or crescent rolls to start getting it seasoned. After these initial uses the stone will become non-stick and you won't have to pre-grease or flour. I also throw in about washing without detergent, or how to avoid thermal shock. I end with encouraging them to keep the receipt b/c it has a 3 year warranty should it crack or break or not perform well." They are usually very thankful about this!

- My lead in to hosting is " When you are ready to place another order, feel free to call me. You can also get some items you may want for free, half off or a discounted price if you would like to host your own show"

That's kind of my thing. Take what you need, if any, modify to your personality and remain enthusiastic (literally smiling) throughout the whole conversation!!

Good luck...

1. How can I convince people to set a date for a Pampered Chef party?

To convince people to set a date for a Pampered Chef party, you can emphasize the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products, connecting with friends and family, and learning new cooking techniques. You can also offer to help with the planning process and make it as easy as possible for them to host a successful party.

2. What are some incentives I can offer to get people to set a party date?

Some incentives you can offer to get people to set a party date include free products, discounts, hostess-exclusive items, and special deals. You can also offer to personalize the party experience by catering to specific themes or dietary needs of the host and guests.

3. How can I overcome objections when trying to get people to set a date for a party?

To overcome objections, you can address any concerns or hesitations the potential host may have. You can also share success stories from past parties and highlight the benefits of hosting a party. Additionally, you can offer to be flexible with the date and time to accommodate the host's schedule.

4. What are some creative ways to encourage people to set a date for a party?

Some creative ways to encourage people to set a date for a party include offering a themed party, such as a holiday cooking class or a girls' night in, or hosting a virtual party for those who prefer to stay at home. You can also collaborate with other consultants or businesses to offer a joint party with more incentives for the host and guests.

5. How far in advance should I ask people to set a date for a party?

It is recommended to ask people to set a date for a party at least 2-4 weeks in advance. This allows enough time for the host to invite guests and for you to prepare for the party. However, you can also be flexible and work with the host's schedule to find a suitable date for both parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amandaC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • jenf
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefinHarmony
  • pkd09