• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Boosting Your Direct Sales Business?

In summary, the conversation is about a single mother who is struggling to balance work, taking care of her child, and hosting cooking shows for her Pampered Chef business. She is feeling stressed and overwhelmed and is looking for fresh ideas to get more bookings. The list of 118 ways to get bookings provides various suggestions such as sending catalogs, hosting open houses, participating in fundraisers, and asking for referrals. The key to success is being enthusiastic, following up on leads, and constantly asking for bookings.
ChefBurke
Silver Member

Hello! Well I need to vent..well first let me say I don't even have a flippin show to "vent" about because I haven't done an actual cooking show in like 2months!!! I've had 2 catty shows & a fundraiser but I am just soo stressed I don't know what to do! I have an 8month old daughter-so let me just start by saying it is hard being a single mom(no dad in sight)-his loss i know ;o) well I have a parttime job for my father's company-which is slowly weaning out due to lack of sales so the measley $200 I make a week isnt helping! I am fortunate to have moved back home to my mothers to save $$ but its just sooooo hard! I work from my sisters home & my daughter has to come with me cause I cannot afford daycare or a sitter-then I get home & do my mom duties-feed her dinner bath her & get her ready for bed well its just been to hectic lately I am just so down in the dumps i had 5 recruits! yea 5! all in aug & one just now qualified! I am having issues getting bookings & i feel hopeless-i cant get organized & I almost feel like hanging the apron up! I am going crazy! I NEED to do shows to be happy & make money & get time AWAY!!!! I am just so stressed! Anyone relate!? I need some FRESH ideas..like i've heard taking treats to business but what do i do waltz in & say what exactly & bring what flyers?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!! Any flyers,ideas on what to say,where to go visit & what recipes! I need to get some bookings!! FAST! before I myself go inactive & bam there goes all my hardearned recruits!

118 WAYS TO GET BOOKINGS
1. Send a catalog to a co-worker or friend who has moved.
2. Send a catalog to reps from other party plans and ask to exchange shows.
3. Post a catalog in the teacher's lounge at your child's school.
4. Post a catalog in the employee's lunch room.
5. Hold an open house.
6. Have a booth at a church bazaar.
7. Advertise in your alumni newsletter and/or local newspaper.
8. Give a catalog to the receptionist in your doctor's or dentist's office.
9. Include a current catalog or flyer with your local bill payments.
10. Put a current catalog and sample in your neighbor's door.
11. Always carry business cards and catalogs with you to hand out.
12. Ask ALL your friends to have a show.
13. Advertise in the church bulletin.
14. Host an office party.
15. Host a Brunch.
16. Have your family wear Pampered Chef T-shirts.
17. Mail out catalogs with a wish list and order form.
18. Host your own show.
19. Host a fundraiser for your favorite charity.
20. Host a show before, during or after a PTA meeting.
21. Get a list from the Welcome Wagon to find newcomers in the area.
22. Set up a display at craft fairs.
23. Participate in a school fundraiser.
24. Have your husband or significant other promote products at work.
25. Wear a "Do You Pamper Yourself?" button.
26. Wear your charm holder and logo pins out in public.
27. Hold a Valentine's, Mother's Day, or Christmas Shopping Show for men.
28. Offer guests a Secret Santa Wish List.
29. Set up a temporary display in a mall.
30. Put a "FREE Products! Ask Me How!" button on your purse.
31. Ask past Hostesses to talk about their FREE products.
32. Hold an Opportunity Night nearby.
33. Mention Host Benefits at least 3 times per show.
34. Showcase higher priced items and remind guests they can get it half off.
35. Mention how much an "average" Host receives FREE!
36. At the beginning of the show, mention the Host goal.
37. Share upcoming specials at all shows with all guests.
38. Tell your Host how much she saved by having a show.
39. Encourage frequent customers to regularly plan shows.
40. Encourage Hosts to rebook themselves in the next 3 months.
41. Treat Hosts to a special "Hosts Appreciation Tea".
42. Encourage relatives to have a show.
43. Call your realtor with suggestions for "New Home Packages".
44. Offer to do a theme show demo/class for a local women's group.
45. Ask everyone for referrals.
46. Follow up on all referral leads on Door Prize Slips.
47. Offer a Birthday or Anniversary Club.
48. Offer a Bridal Registry.
49. Promote Pampered Chef Bridal Shower Parties.
50. Create a binder to showcase different theme show parties to choose from.
51. Create a visual for the Host Program by playing "Stack the Host".
52. Be friendly and enthusiastic.
53. Take the pieces that you LOVE to your shows!
54. Follow through on EVERY booking lead.
55. Ask, Ask, Ask.
56. Ask every guest at every show for 3 referrals.
57. Use open-ended questions to uncover objections.
58. Use products at home then share your ideas at shows.
59. Read sales, self-improvement and positive thinking books.
60. Call at least 2 potential Hosts EVERY night.
61. Dream and imagine the possibilities!
62. Set goals and review them constantly. Post where you can see them.
63. Ask friends to help you get started or to reach a certain goal.
64. Goal yourself for "x" number of shows each month.
65. Copy Host Specials and mail to past hostesses and interested clients.
66. Use postcards and newsletters to continue to spark interest.
67. Follow up phone calls to interested guests. Ask them to have a show.
68. Call all hostesses who postponed or never had their party as planned.
69. Have the Host tell why she decided to have a show.
70. Give products as gifts or donations.
71. Don't be shy talking about your products or your business.
72. Smile when talking on the telephone.
73. Make regular customer service calls to replenish products.
74. Review orders from past shows and call customers with large orders.
75. Be prepared to answer questions about your work.
76.Write down names of people who "owe you a favor", then follow up.
77. Call the most familiar people first.
78. Spend time every day working on some aspect of your business.
79. Be willing to share the Opportunity with everyone.
80. Call anyone who has said "maybe" or "sometime".
81. Contact schools, churches, and women's groups for fundraisers.
82. Advertise in football or musical programs.
83. Leave your business cards on bulletin boards or in local businesses.
84. Talk about upcoming specials with everyone.
85. Keep a list of special requests. Notify guests when that product is on sale.
86. Suggest a Christmas show so guests can shop without leaving home.
87. Offer bonuses for booking a show on certain dates.
88. Offer Book Show options to those who work in office environments.
89. Give extra service and time to good customers to make repeat customers.
90. Carry a notepad to jot down names as you think of them.
91. Let guests keep a catalog on hand to show friends or pass around at work.
92. Contact men's groups (Kiwanis, Lion's, Rotary) to host a show.
93. Offer complimentary gift-wrapping on orders over a certain amount.
94. Mail recipe postcards using monthly specials to keep in touch.
95. Have a Booking Basket for Hosts with gifts for pre-arranged bookings.
96. Strive to have 21 shows up on your calendar.
97. Offer businesses an employee gift/incentive program. Write up as a show.
98. Do a Product Lottery.
99. Get leads from participating in trade shows or business expos.
100. Take pre-wrapped gift sets to male oriented business and take orders.
101. Tell everyone to tell their friends to get their kitchen products from you.
102. Let everyone know that it's your job to give away FREE products!
103. Take several beautiful but versatile pieces to your show to demo.
104. Let customers FEEL the quality of products in their own hands.
105. Make your daily 2+2 calls. Chart your progress.
106. Participate in Bridal Trade Shows for leads.
107. Take a PC recipe in a PC dish to every function you attend that has food.
108. Pass out recipes to guests for dishes demonstrated at your show.
109. Offer a special incentive for booking a show within 2 weeks.
110. Get guest lists from Hosts so you can contact guests after the show.
111. Surprise Bookings. Call guests and ask for bookings as surprise to Host.
112. Use car magnets on car to advertise business.
113. Encourage Host to ask everyone to book a show.
114. Have Host show friends what FREE Host Bonuses she is trying to earn.
115. Ask Host to invite those who need or want a job.
116. Make a "Mix-in-a-Bag" gift for the Host. Make a recipe that focuses on Monthly Guest or Host special.
117. Make a "Host Necklace". Use one inexpensive tool for EACH booking she obtains BEFORE her show date. Tie together with curly ribbon.
118. Booking Necklaces - String inexpensive door prize items on curly ribbon. Hang 6 around Host's neck. As guests arrive, let her explain that she needs to give them all away so she can win a special gift. She can only give them to her friends who will book a show for her. Those who decide to book first get first choice of which necklace they want. They wear around their neck so you can see who already wants a show

PS I hope this helps! Sorry you are in a rut! Good luck to you!

Don't give up! I'll tell you a story..........I joined last feburary......I have No recruits.....I am only on my 10th or 11th cooking show I Havent had a real show since Summer....Had an open house..87invites(only family showed)..spent more than I Made(but stayed Qualified)......Have Had more than my share of Crazy Hostess! one looney actually told me "Why did you PICK on me!!"....with her CRAZY husband(Ican only imagin him in a white tank with a beer gut) YELLING in the Back ground "WE DON'T HAVE THOSE KINDS OF PARTIES IN OUR HOUSE....LEAVE US ALONE!!!! i felt like I was selling Adult toys ! My Customer group that I'm Still Working with are the same old people(I call them PITY Sales) I love this.... I do also work with my boyfriend..We live together and we are also in sales.... I just help him he gets paid and we share the funds.......between us we are "one brady short of a bunch..... four are adults and still live at home.....I am not giving up!! I found that 100 NO'S helped me a lot.....Good Luck hoped this helped

Thank you all for the help & advice. Its just veryhard! I know in anykind of sales theres ups & downs(just seems when i go down I plumit!) anyone can give me any flyers to go to businesses & what types you go to to give goodies to? I have no clue what to say when I walk in!
THANKS~

Just remember that what you do today will show up in 90 days. So, give yourself 3 months. Be consistent - try Belinda Ellsworth's Power Hour - and see what happens. The biggest problem is that people will start to see the benefit in 90 days and then have enough, or even too much, business and stop being consistent with 5 contacts per day or the power hour. So, they will ride out the next few months without building on the time after that and then their business will get caught in a huge wave pool!

There is a document that was shared on this site and I saved it because I might try it after the new year. Anyway if you follow the plan it basically forces you to step up your business in a major way. Here it is...

Attachments

• Begin_with_the_End_in_Mind[1].doc
    95.5 KB · Views: 310
How about calling any prospects or people from your list of 100 and offering a holiday theme show. Here are some ideas to make it an awesome show.

Attachments

• CookieExchangeParty[1].doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 291
  • HolidayIdeasTipSheet[1].doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 386
  • Holiday Theme Shows.doc
    27 KB · Views: 633
  • Holiday_Beverage_Bar[1].doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 375
  • HolidayRecipes[1].pdf
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 344
Have everyone you know fill one of these out and send it to their husbands. That could be a huge boost to your sales.

Have everyone you know fill out one of these and then send them to their husbands or significant others. Sales from them could really boost your sales for the holiday months.

Attachments

• hohohodidyouknow_1_[2].pdf
    89.7 KB · Views: 337
Try a pannini show or any theme show. Theme shows can create more interest and entice guests to host a show.

Attachments

• Dessert_paninis[1].doc
    22 KB · Views: 373
  • RobbiesEasyPaniniShow[1].pdf
    115.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Theme_Shows[1].doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 356
With the roaster being one of the host specials try a power cooking show. People are really busy now with the holidays and kids playing so many sports games so power cooking may be something that would really interest them.

With the roaster being one of the host specials try a power cooking show. People are really busy now with the holidays and kids playing so many sports games so power cooking may be something that would really interest them

Attachments

• Power_Cooking_invite[1].doc
    20 KB · Views: 282
  • Power_Cooking_Recipe_booklet[1].doc
    44 KB · Views: 759
  • POWER_TOOLS[1].doc
    42 KB · Views: 364
Anyway, hope that gives you some ideas and gets you excited about this holiday selling season.

Janel

I so feel your frustrations right now..... I had an awsome Aug and September.... then wahm bam ... Oct hits with the heavs..... I was sick all of OCt... I had two shows all month long...... and then here it is November I only have one show this month and it isn't even qualifed as a show right now... I have one show in December....I am so frustrated I too am a single mom.. (yeah I know I am getting married) but right now I am as single as they get... I work for my family business as well.. but since it is our slow season I am on unemployment.... yeah not something that I like to share with people.... but I consider everyone on this site my friends.I have thought about throwing the apron up as well... but then this little voice in my head said if you do that then you will hear a bunch of I told you so's.... nothing is worse than herring that from yoru family!!!! Their my biggest supporters... but their sometimes my biggest nags too!!!!!!!!! BIG HUGS Colleen!!!

ChefBurke said:

Hello! Well I need to vent..well first let me say I don't even have a flippin show to "vent" about because I haven't done an actual cooking show in like 2months!!! I've had 2 catty shows & a fundraiser but I am just soo stressed I don't know what to do! I have an 8month old daughter-so let me just start by saying it is hard being a single mom(no dad in sight)-his loss i know ;o) well I have a parttime job for my father's company-which is slowly weaning out due to lack of sales so the measley $200 I make a week isnt helping! I am fortunate to have moved back home to my mothers to save $$ but its just sooooo hard! I work from my sisters home & my daughter has to come with me cause I cannot afford daycare or a sitter-then I get home & do my mom duties-feed her dinner bath her & get her ready for bed well its just been to hectic lately I am just so down in the dumps i had 5 recruits! yea 5! all in aug & one just now qualified! I am having issues getting bookings & i feel hopeless-i cant get organized & I almost feel like hanging the apron up! I am going crazy! I NEED to do shows to be happy & make money & get time AWAY!!!! I am just so stressed! Anyone relate!? I need some FRESH ideas..like i've heard taking treats to business but what do i do waltz in & say what exactly & bring what flyers?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!! Any flyers,ideas on what to say,where to go visit & what recipes! I need to get some bookings!! FAST! before I myself go inactive & bam there goes all my hardearned recruits!

thanks sweetie! All of you on this site are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how we can all lean on eachother & vent!!!! I appreciate all the FANTASTIC flyers(some I couldnt open i dunno why) but if they could be emailed to me at: [email protected] I'd be grateful! Well one positive note I have decided I will be participating in the BreastCancer 3day walk next year! I am going to be saving the $90 to register & will have my Team website up soon & will post on here-anyone who has it in their heart to help sponser me(every $1 helps!) lets get one step closer to finding a cure for breastcancer!!!! I will be walking in memory of my mom's mother my MIMI who was touched by breastcancer.Please let me know if you'd like more info on the event & if anyone is in the TampaBay Area in FL & would like to join my team ROCK ON! let me know & we'll support eachother!!!! Love Yall(yes im southern LOL)
Oh one good news! My 8month old daughter McKenna is starting to say MaMa LOL when shes hungry that is its a screaming mama! but still!

ChefBurke Here's One to make you laughOh my Gosh!!!! See if this sounds wacky?
I book a show weeks in advance.(I am in Culinary School with the Hostess). Anywho she confirms she is having the show (Tonight). This was on wednesday after a field trip with my class. So I say she must call me Thursday (yesterday) to get an ingredients list. No call yesterday. No call today. I call and leave several messages Phone and Text messages. No Response. Big surprise. So I leave one last text message that says" If I don't here from you by 1pm today than I will assume the party is cancelled". No reply. Ok so I go shopping 25minutes out of town with my daughter. I decide to give one last ditch effort and see if she wants a show. I call at 3pm she ANSWERS. Shockeroo. Well anywho she says YES YES of course were having a show and I have 35 confirmed. I say ok I will see you tonight. So I turn around race home and prepare for a huge show. I drive 25miles out of town for her show. Get a text message of a different address. Call relatives outta state to mapquest for me. Find the place knock on the door and ask for the Host. She not only WASN'T there. Here family had NO IDEA. Aunt & Mom said she was a Liar. Can you believe that? I am still in shock. I did however get $158 in sales from the two relatives. Moral of this story don't fret there are some wacky ones out there. The goods ones are still to come.
P.S. from a single mom of 4

chef burke

I sent you a PM

Ok now that is weird!!!
CAmomCookin4U said:
Oh my Gosh!!!! See if this sounds wacky?
I book a show weeks in advance.(I am in Culinary School with the Hostess). Anywho she confirms she is having the show (Tonight). This was on wednesday after a field trip with my class. So I say she must call me Thursday (yesterday) to get an ingredients list. No call yesterday. No call today. I call and leave several messages Phone and Text messages. No Response. Big surprise. So I leave one last text message that says" If I don't here from you by 1pm today than I will assume the party is cancelled". No reply. Ok so I go shopping 25minutes out of town with my daughter. I decide to give one last ditch effort and see if she wants a show. I call at 3pm she ANSWERS. Shockeroo. Well anywho she says YES YES of course were having a show and I have 35 confirmed. I say ok I will see you tonight. So I turn around race home and prepare for a huge show. I drive 25miles out of town for her show. Get a text message of a different address. Call relatives outta state to mapquest for me. Find the place knock on the door and ask for the Host. She not only WASN'T there. Here family had NO IDEA. Aunt & Mom said she was a Liar. Can you believe that? I am still in shock. I did however get $158 in sales from the two relatives. Moral of this story don't fret there are some wacky ones out there. The goods ones are still to come.
P.S. from a single mom of 4

chefburke: hang in there! It WILL get better:)
As far as the "pampering your business" goes; I did it for a few months. I would recommend calling first & setting up a date & time to go. That way they will tell you when the best time is for them. I only did a few businesses & quit doing it; I think I may start after the new year again. I started with my bank & they loved it. I made a dessert to take, & a copy of the recipe with my contact info to give to the employees. Just make a list of businesses in your area: banks, realtors, any business that has employees! Schools are good too. Take flyers telling the upcoming specials too.
Just don't give up! This is the greatest business to be able to be there for you kids & work around your family. And your "virtual family" is here for ya to give encouragement:)

I am thinking that next month after my wedding that I am going to do a holiday show and invite all of my past hostess to a mystry host show.. and see what type of turn out I get from that.... or I willjust do a holiday show!!!

I am doing a Host Appreciation night and doing it for the whole cluster. I AM NUTS! I just stuffed about 200 invites and have plenty more to go. Its going to be great, though!

My advice always is: do CC calls! Just call to check in to see how the products are working out. You will not only provide a service rarely provided in this business, you will keep your name top of mind! You may also get orders ("Kathy, did you get everything you wanted at ___'s show?") It helps! You could wind up ith shows, orders, recruits. Just ask them questions!

Related to Need Help Boosting Your Direct Sales Business?

1. How do I stay motivated when I'm feeling down?

Staying motivated can be tough, but one thing you can try is setting small achievable goals for yourself. This will give you a sense of accomplishment and help keep you motivated. It's also important to have a support system and surround yourself with positive influences.

2. What are some positive affirmations I can use to boost my confidence?

Some examples of positive affirmations include "I am capable and strong," "I am worthy of success," and "I am in control of my own happiness." Find ones that resonate with you and repeat them to yourself daily.

3. How can I turn my negative thoughts into positive ones?

First, acknowledge your negative thoughts and then challenge them. Ask yourself if they are based on facts or if they are simply assumptions. Then, try to reframe them in a more positive light. For example, instead of saying "I can't do this," say "I will try my best and learn from any mistakes."

4. What are some self-care practices I can incorporate into my routine?

Self-care looks different for everyone, but some common practices include exercise, spending time outdoors, practicing mindfulness or meditation, and doing activities that bring you joy. It's important to take care of your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.

5. How can I overcome self-doubt and believe in myself?

Start by identifying your strengths and accomplishments. Remind yourself of them regularly and focus on your progress rather than perfection. Surround yourself with supportive and encouraging people. It's also helpful to set realistic goals and celebrate your successes along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
PamperedK
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings