• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Greek Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe

In summary, the Greek Lemon Chicken soup recipe from the Good for you Cookbook includes chicken, carrots, onion, lemon, parsley, garlic, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, pepper, and rice. The ingredients are cooked together and served hot, garnished with parsley.
bbauman07
Gold Member
Help I need the Greek Lemon Chicken soup recipe. It's in the Good for you Cookbook. Thank you.

Last edited:
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 medium carrots coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1-2 lemons
2 TBSP snipped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove pressed
1 can (103/4 ounces ) 98% fat-free cream of chic. soup
3 cans (141/2 ounces each) 100% fat-free Chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
2/3 cup uncooked long grain white rice
Chop chic. onion and carrots
Zest 1 tsp. of lem. finely snip zest using shears
Juice lemmons using citrus press or juicer to make 1/4 cup
snip parsley
Heat prof. cassorle over med. heat until hot. lightly spray with nonstick oil. Add carrots onion and garlic. cook and stir for 2 mins.
Stir in chic and lem zest, juice, soup, chic broth and pepper. bring to a boil
Stir in rice; reduce heat. cover and simmer over low heat for 15-20 mins. or until rice is tender.
Remove from heat; stir parsley into soup just before serving.

ty ty ty ty ty :)

Speaking of greek lemon chicken I made the recipe (not the soup) from the new stoneware cookbook and it is soooo good. I wouldn't do it as a demo but it is a great recipe to make at home of for family and friends.

Hi there! I am happy to help you with the Greek Lemon Chicken soup recipe from the Good for you Cookbook. Here is the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup of orzo pasta
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)Instructions:
1. In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
2. Add in the chicken pieces, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and bay leaf.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
4. Remove the chicken pieces from the pot and shred the meat using two forks. Set aside.
5. Add the orzo pasta to the pot and let it cook for about 10 minutes, until it is tender.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and a ladleful of the hot broth from the pot.
7. Slowly pour the lemon juice mixture into the pot, stirring constantly.
8. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot and let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
9. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
10. Serve hot and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.I hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy Greek Lemon Chicken soup recipe! Let me know how it turns out for you. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Greek Lemon Chicken Soup?

To make Greek Lemon Chicken Soup, you will need:

• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 8 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)

2. How do I prepare the chicken for the soup?

To prepare the chicken, you can either cook it in a separate pot and shred it, or you can poach it directly in the broth for about 20 minutes until fully cooked. Once cooked, shred the chicken using two forks.

3. Can I use a substitute for orzo pasta?

Yes, you can substitute orzo pasta with any small pasta of your choice, such as rice-shaped or small shell pasta.

4. How do I thicken the soup?

To thicken the soup, mix together the lemon juice, eggs, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Then, gradually add a ladleful of hot broth to the mixture, stirring constantly. Slowly pour the mixture back into the soup, stirring constantly. Let the soup simmer for a few more minutes until thickened.

5. Can I make this soup ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this soup ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. However, it is best to add the lemon juice and egg mixture right before serving to ensure a fresh and bright flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lindy0116
Replies
Views
emo812
  • dollfangs
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies