• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Greek Lemon Chicken Soup Recipe Needed

In summary, Lisa has created a Greek Lemon Chicken Soup recipe that is easy to follow and will please even the most discriminating soup eater.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Does anyone have the recipe for Greek Lemon Chicken Soup? If so, can you attach it for me? Thanks!

Linda~ I am going to be adding this to my website later this evening... but right now I have to go feed my kiddos and get to the school for Family Bingo Night! If nobody has replied by then, I will let you know once I've typed it up!

Thanks Celeste!

What book is it in? Maybe I can help.

Never mind - found it!

Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
(It's Good For You!...pg 35)

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1-2 lemons
2 Tbls snipped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 (10 3/4 oz) can 98% fat-free reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
3 (14 1/2 oz) cans 100% fat-free chicken broth
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2/3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice

1. Chop chicken, carrots and onion using Food Chopper. Zest one lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Finely snip zest using Kitchen Shears. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure 1/4 cup juice. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears; set aside.

2. Heat Professional (4-qt) Casserole over medium heat until hot. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add carrots, onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, lemon zest, juice, soup, chicken broth and black pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat. Cover; simmer over low heat 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir parsley into soup just before serving.

Makes 8 servings.

Fantastic! Thanks so much!

For anyone who's made this, any tips, suggestions, changes you would make to this??

Any show demo ideas?? I've got a hostess who wants this for a show next week.

Thanks,

Lisa

I love it just as is. You can use cooked boneless chicken breasts (easy to cut up) or leftover chicken (or turkey, even!). If you serve it with some warmed pita bread, people will have something to dip in the soup.It will thicken as it sits, so if you leave any leftovers with the host (yeah, right! There'll only be leftovers if you make a double batch - which is very easy), warn her to thin it with a little water or additional broth when she reheats it. And definitely use reduced sodium broth.

I make this recipe quite often. The only thing I do differently is I substitute orzo for the rice, using a little less than half the 2/3 called for with the rice.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Greek Lemon Chicken Soup?

To make Greek Lemon Chicken Soup, you will need: 1 whole chicken, 1 onion, 3 carrots, 3 celery stalks, 1 cup of orzo pasta, 8 cups of chicken broth, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 2 eggs, and 1/4 cup of chopped fresh dill.

2. Can I use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. Simply shred the chicken and add it to the soup during the last few minutes of cooking.

3. How do I make this soup in a slow cooker?

To make this soup in a slow cooker, add all the ingredients except for the eggs and dill into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and eggs. Slowly pour the mixture into the slow cooker and stir. Cook for an additional 15 minutes on low. Add the dill before serving.

4. Can I substitute the orzo pasta with a different type of pasta?

Yes, you can substitute the orzo pasta with another small-shaped pasta, such as pastina or ditalini. You can also use rice or quinoa if you prefer.

5. How long does this soup keep in the fridge?

This soup can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. To reheat, simply heat it up on the stove or in the microwave until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
emo812
  • dollfangs
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies