• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Two Recipes for One Show: How Many Do It?

I usually do 1 or 2 unless it is a theme party. I don't think I will make a habit of this but wanted to see how many of you do.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
How many of you do two recipes during your shows? I did one recently for a bridal shower but the bride picked two simple recipes (Greek Cheese Torta and Chocolate Chip Sensation). We did the Chocolate Chip Sensation before the shower and the bridal party helped me put together the Greek Cheese Torta during the shower.

Well, last night my host for tomorrow emailed me and asked if we could do the Greek Cheese Torta and the Mini Lemon Cakes. I don't really mind doing this as I know both of these recipes by the back of my hand and they are both pretty simple. We will make the Mini Lemon Cakes before hand and the Greek Cheese Torta also if we have time. Otherwise, we will throw it together real quick during the show.

I don't think I'll make a habit of this but wanted to see how many of you do.

I usually do 2 recipes. Though I make sure the 2nd is super quick & easy (like the salsa from the previous 2 catalogs)

I only do two if I am doing a bites n bevs show. Once in a while I do a quick dessert though.

I only do 2 if the Host has a confirmed 20 people (meaning that 15 should show - but I don't tell them that!) Usually demo one and talk about the other.

I do a recipe and then the cake in microwave. Glad I did at last party. Hostess invited 15, 12 shows from invite, and they brought friends!!! had 20 people there.

We usually do 2 but one is generally a dessert that is made ahead of time like a trifle.

For me, it really depends.

If I am doing the 30 minute chicken, I also do the garlic parmesan biscuit bites.

If I am doing a Salad - that is usually all I do.

If I am doing something that only shows stoneware, then I will do cinnamon or caramel sprinkle biscuit bites.

I've also been doing the Spa Water with my shows some this summer - where I slice a lemon or lime, and a few cucumber slices and float them in the QSP filled with water. Shows the QSP, and a knife, and the UM, and doesn't cost much at all!

I'm doing a Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad this week... and I'm worried about how many it feeds. We've got 11 coming so far.

I'm thinking about adding a microwave cake to it.

When I had the deluxe cheeseburger salad, I was a guest at a show but I'd estimate it fed about 8 - 10 people. You might want to go 1 + 1/2 on the recipe.

IAmChefJ said:
I'm doing a Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad this week... and I'm worried about how many it feeds. We've got 11 coming so far.

I'm thinking about adding a microwave cake to it.

It's easy to add more lettuce!;)

I also usually make it with a full pound of ground beef or ground turkey....and then just chop a few more tomatoes and slice a few more onions. This will feed quite a few....you don't have to provide them with a full meal!

This has become my favorite summer recipe - it uses so many tools, and works beautifully as an interactive demo!

wadesgirl said:
How many of you do two recipes during your shows? I did one recently for a bridal shower but the bride picked two simple recipes (Greek Cheese Torta and Chocolate Chip Sensation). We did the Chocolate Chip Sensation before the shower and the bridal party helped me put together the Greek Cheese Torta during the shower.

Well, last night my host for tomorrow emailed me and asked if we could do the Greek Cheese Torta and the Mini Lemon Cakes. I don't really mind doing this as I know both of these recipes by the back of my hand and they are both pretty simple. We will make the Mini Lemon Cakes before hand and the Greek Cheese Torta also if we have time. Otherwise, we will throw it together real quick during the show.

I don't think I'll make a habit of this but wanted to see how many of you do.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want to make it a habit then I wouldn't do it. Give the cheese recipe to your host to do ahead of time. Loan her the products if she needs it. Then only demo the cakes. It sounds like you don't do a demo though. However, the best way to not make it a habit is to stop doing it.

I only do 1 recipe unless it is a theme party. Or for parties with confirmed guests of 12 or more I will through in a microwave cake.

Chef Kearns said:
wadesgirl said:

I don't think I'll make a habit of this but wanted to see how many of you do.

If you don't want to make it a habit then I wouldn't do it. Give the cheese recipe to your host to do ahead of time. Loan her the products if she needs it. Then only demo the cakes. It sounds like you don't do a demo though. However, the best way to not make it a habit is to stop doing it.

I only do 1 recipe unless it is a theme party. Or for parties with confirmed guests of 12 or more I will through in a microwave cake.

I do one recipe. Friday night's host had the show at 6pm so I mentioned either an app/dessert and so I brough the chicken clubhouse squares (suggested by my director) and then we made the trifle.

I had a great response to the ladies putting the trifle together themselves. They loved being able to use the products and not just having them shown to them.

Chef Kearns said:
Chef Kearns said:

I'm not too worried about it. I actually don't demo during my shows normally so if we do both recipes, they will be made a head of time. I was just wondering who all did two recipes. Unless it was something simple, I wouldn't do two recipes. If she wanted the Deluxe Cheese Burger Salad or Creamy One Pot Pasta, I would have said no to a 2nd recipe.

I did two on a Friday show but not two food recipes. We did the Greek Cheese Torta and the Cran-Raspberry Fizz... The demo for both took about 30 minutes and folks then had a chance to play with the gadgets and place their orders. I won't do two food recipes though unless there's a LOT of people coming and one is made or at least prepped before they arrive.

I love doing two... I still demo in the correct amount of time. One is always a dessert. Never do both things need to go in the over,

I generally do two, but one is always a quickie/no brainer.

If I prep the Greek Cheese Torta before hand (chop sun dried tomatoes and dry out spinach) it really is a no brainer!

I do two recipes, the second is always quick and easy and my shows are still under 45 minutes. I do alot of the repetitive prep work ahead of time so they do not get bored.

I'll let you know after my show tonight how it goes....It was supposed to be 30 Minute Chicken w/ garlic parmesan biscuit bites....but the host just called to tell me her microwave isn't working, and she would really like to do the Asian Pork/Noodle Skillet!:eek:

I've never made that before, so we'll see how it goes with that and the biscuits!:D Fortunately, the cooking part is the easiest part of the show for me...now I'm off to read the recipe, and repack my kit!

I usually make 2 recipes. It has been awhile since I did a cooking show and on June 10th I did one. This group is a lively group and they have shows once a month. So when she asked if we can make 3 things I was okay with it. We actually made the Mojitos, Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Dip with Rosemary Chips, Creamy One Pot Pasta and the Strawberry Cream Trifle. The Party started at 7pm and I was leaving her house by 9pm. I did a lot of prep before the guests showed up.

I will not do two recipes again! I think it's because the host was a little frazzled and we tried to put together both recipes before the show started since she didn't have room in the kitchen for anyone! It was okay but I was a little late getting everything done. The host was wonderful and helped make the mini lemon cakes. In fact the only thing I did was get the bowls ready and slice the lemon. She did everything else!

2 recipes for me means the main recipe and a beverage :)Great way to show off the QSP!

My show Saturday night... I did three by accident! I had suggested the Greek tort and then she called want to try this Mexican recipe I said sure. Thinking she was axing my idea. When I showed up she had the ingredients for them all. So we made them all.... I did tell the guest this was a special treat. Once I got the Mexican one in the oven... I whipped out the Greek tort and dessert before the Mexican thing (can't remember the name) ever came out of the oven. The dessert was also easy a Banana Creme Supreme in the spring form pan! I think my demo lasted about45 minutes and I talked a little while they ate and they ordered and I was out the door in 2 hours!

I did the Asian Noodle Skillet (using chicken) last night, and also caramel biscuit bites.

I had the butter melted in the pan, and some brown sugar also in the pan, and the biscuits ready to cut and go in the pan before the show started. Also had all of the chicken cubed, except for one small breast. Had the veggies washed and prepped, and the spices and oils measured out.
It was very simple to throw in the caramel sprinkles, stir in the biscuits, and pop them in the oven. While they were baking, we made the Noodle Skillet. After I put the noodles in to cook, I pulled the biscuits out of the oven, slid them on a plate, and passed those around while I went over host specials and booking/recruiting.

Then, I added the chicken back in, let it cook for a few more more minutes while I explained the ordering process. Everyone helped themselves to noodles and ate while the shopped and chatted.

I started at 7:15, and was completely done by 8pm....still didn't get out of there until 9:15, because of all of the chatting going on!

1. How many recipes are included in the "Two Recipes for One Show" package?

The "Two Recipes for One Show" package includes two recipes, as the name suggests. These recipes are specifically designed to be featured in one show, making it easy for consultants to plan and prepare for their demonstrations.

2. Are the recipes suitable for all types of cooking demonstrations?

Yes, the recipes included in "Two Recipes for One Show" are versatile and can be used in any type of cooking demonstration, whether it's a live show or a virtual one. They have been tested and proven to be successful in both settings.

3. Can I customize the recipes to fit the needs of my audience?

Absolutely! The recipes in "Two Recipes for One Show" are meant to be customizable to cater to the preferences and dietary restrictions of your audience. You can make substitutions and modifications as needed without compromising the overall structure and presentation of the dishes.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make the recipes?

Most of the recipes in "Two Recipes for One Show" can be made with basic kitchen equipment. However, some may require specific Pampered Chef products, which will be listed in the recipe instructions. If you don't have the recommended products, our consultants can help you find suitable alternatives.

5. Can I purchase the "Two Recipes for One Show" package separately?

Unfortunately, the "Two Recipes for One Show" package is not available for individual purchase. It is only available to consultants as part of their starter kit or as a bonus with specific purchases. However, we do offer a variety of other recipe packages that can be purchased separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Jessamary