1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Good appetizer recipe that shows off a lot of tools?

1. turtle15

turtle15 Member

I am doing a bridal shower on Friday. We are only going to do one appetizer recipe. What is your favorite appetizer type recipe that shows off a bunch of tools?

Apr 13, 2009
  2. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

Hot Broccoli Dip

Apr 13, 2009
  3. turtle15

turtle15 Member

I will have to look for that one. I haven't heard of it before!

Apr 13, 2009
  4. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Here you go...

HOT BROCCOLI DIP

1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
    2 Tbsp onion, chopped
    2 Tbsp red pepper, chopped
    1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated and divided
    1 clove garlic, pressed
    1 cup grated cheddar cheese
    ½ cup fat free sour cream
    ½ cup miracle whip or mayonnaise
    1/8 tsp ground black pepper
    baguettes, baked pita chips or crackers

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop broccoli, onion and red pepper using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl.

Grate parmesan cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with fine grating drum. Add 2 Tbsp of grated Parmesan to batter bowl and set aside the rest. Add garlic pressed with Garlic Press.

Add grated cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and black pepper, mix well using Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Spoon mixture into Small Oval Baker or Mini Baker.

Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top. Serve with baked pita chips, crackers, or baguettes.

Apr 13, 2009
  5. kcjodih

My all time favorite go to for bridal showers is Clubhouse Chicken Squares. Serves lots. You could do the chicken in the DCB if it fits the micro to show another product.

Club House Chicken Squares
    (All the Best; P. 9)

Smoky Bacon, crispy cucumber and shredded cheddar cheese highlight these tasty appetizer squares

2 packages (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
    1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
    2 tbsp mayo
    1 small clove garlic, pressed
    1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked or two small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/2 small cucumber, seeded, sliced and quartered
    2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
    1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
    6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled

Preheat oven to 375° F. Unroll one package of crescent rolls across one end of the Stoneware Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across the width of the pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Use Baker’s Roller™, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides to form a crust. Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust; top with chicken.

Thinly slice cucumber using Ultimate Slice & Grate, fitted with adjustable thin slicing blade; cut slices into quarters. Dice tomatoes using Chef’s Knife. Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle over cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and bacon over chicken. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Cut into squares.

Apr 13, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I was going to post exactly what Jodi posted!

Apr 13, 2009
  7. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Thanks guys. Do you refrigerate for 30 min. at shows? Also, is it good with the canned chicken?

Apr 13, 2009
  8. kkimpinski

kkimpinski Member

I think the Clubhouse Chicken squares are better with cooked chicken breasts. I don't like them with canned chicken. Just my opinion.

Apr 14, 2009
  9. chefshawna

chefshawna Advanced Member Gold Member

I have done the Clubhouse Chicken Squares with canned chicken and everyone loved them. Fresh is always better, but it depends on if fresh is available.

Apr 14, 2009
  10. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

Agreed on the Clubhouse chicken Squares. Good with canned better with real chicken.

Apr 14, 2009
  11. kcjodih

Good with canned, better with cooked. You can always ask them to have 2 chicken breasts cooked if you don't want to or can't cook it when you get there. OR bring 2 along cooked.

And to answer your other question, I never refrigerate mine. Just make and eat. We don't usually have 30 minutes to allow for refrigeration but if you do have a few minutes, go for it, if not, no big deal.

Apr 14, 2009
  12. turtle15

turtle15 Member

Thanks everyone!

Apr 14, 2009
Have something to add?