• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Dinner Inspiration? Try an Irish Stew with Pork Shoulder!

In summary, Becky is preparing a lasagne, Lasagna sounds good, Becky is missing her oven, Becky is preparing a pork roast, and Becky is having a dental cleaning.
rennea
Gold Member
Goodmorning,

I have a pork shoulder in the fridge so I'm going to use that tonight. I'm thinking about making an Irish Stew tonight.:chef:

Haven't did baking forever do to the fact that we have so much junk food from Christmas in the house.

i am thinking chili, chili spagetti for the little ones! Have to do some cooking tommorow for the family while I am gone, and chili will leave hubby with some good leftovers.

I think we're going to have another Turkey Pot Pie. Still using leftovers from Christmas (chopped up and put in the freezer...very convenient!) but we're at the tail end. :)

Hmmm, I can't think of what to have tonight.

We had Chicken/Rice/Veggie Soup on Saturday, and we had Venison Sloppy Joes w/ side salads yesterday.....

Lasagna sounds good, but I don't have all of the ingredients for it(no Ricotta), and we are eating from what we have in the house this week.

I might make a Stir-Fry. I'll check back later to update or possibly get more inspiration.

Today is my DD's 26th birthday and we got some coupons from Applebee's from the "Welcome Friends" (like Welcome Wagon) since I "moved" in October! They just brought us the packet last week. Since neither of us ever got one, the lady brought us two sets of everything.

Well, we are having left-over skillet lasagne, which is good because my oven is not working right now... I HATE not having an oven!!

Becky, you could try making lasagne the way my Mum (and hence me too!) does it. I'm not sure if it is the "english way" or just how my family does it, but I had never heard of using ricotta or cottage cheese in a lasagne til I came over here. Anyway, for the "dairy" layer, use a white sauce (flour/butter roux + milk) with some bayleaves, salt and pepper, and a touch of nutmeg, then on the very top I use this and sprinkle on a mixture of cheddar and mozzerella. You do need to make a ot of white sauce though, if you do a big lasagne (plus I try to make three layers of meat/lasagne/white sauce.

Whenever I serve it to people here they really like it! I also do a version as a pasta bake - mix together some cooked pasta and sauce (meat optional) top with white sauce and sprinkle on a some cheese before baking to brown it. I get alot of compliments.

Hope this helps!

I wish I had my oven...

That does sound good. I never use ricotta, DH and I don't really care for it, we just use lots of mozzarella and usually whatever other cheese we have to eat up!

Homemade chicken soup with old fashioned dumplings...it's COLD here in Albuquerque, NM right now!!!

AnnieBee said:
Well, we are having left-over skillet lasagne, which is good because my oven is not working right now... I HATE not having an oven!!

Becky, you could try making lasagne the way my Mum (and hence me too!) does it. I'm not sure if it is the "english way" or just how my family does it, but I had never heard of using ricotta or cottage cheese in a lasagne til I came over here. Anyway, for the "dairy" layer, use a white sauce (flour/butter roux + milk) with some bayleaves, salt and pepper, and a touch of nutmeg, then on the very top I use this and sprinkle on a mixture of cheddar and mozzerella. You do need to make a ot of white sauce though, if you do a big lasagne (plus I try to make three layers of meat/lasagne/white sauce.

Whenever I serve it to people here they really like it! I also do a version as a pasta bake - mix together some cooked pasta and sauce (meat optional) top with white sauce and sprinkle on a some cheese before baking to brown it. I get alot of compliments.

Hope this helps!

I wish I had my oven...

Thanks Annabel! I'll try that - maybe tomorrow. Just got back here and saw this now, so it's late for today. Today, I decided to give DH a treat. I found a Pork Loin in the freezer (forgot it was in there) so I have a Rosemary, Thyme, and Garlic Crusted Pork Roast in the oven (in my DCB of course) along with carrots, red potatoes, onions, and mushrooms. I'm also making a tossed salad to go with.

I have no idea. Something soft... lol... I had a dental cleaning today & my mouth hurts. I've never had the kind of pain that I have now. I described it to DH & he said it sounds like how he used to feel with braces tightening. :yuck:

crystalscookingnow said:
I have no idea. Something soft... lol... I had a dental cleaning today & my mouth hurts. I've never had the kind of pain that I have now. I described it to DH & he said it sounds like how he used to feel with braces tightening. :yuck:

I had that after my last cleaning. I went on a Friday (never had before, I guess) and found that there is a different hygenist there on Fridays. She was HORRID! I made a mental note to never schedule a Friday appointment again.

I had the same hygenist that I've had the last two times. The really good one does my kids while the other one does me. I guess I'd rather it be me hurting than my kids though. :) She does all 3 of them at the same time! She's amazing.

tortilla soup
shredded pork
beef and chicken fajitas
rice
beans
chips, salsa and guacamole

We had leftovers tonight. It was a rough night for me and my BFs 6 yo. He even wished death upon me... we had some leftover spaghetti and leftover pot roast. Nothing too exciting, but atleast the fridge is a little emptier!

candiejayne said:
We had leftovers tonight. It was a rough night for me and my BFs 6 yo. He even wished death upon me... we had some leftover spaghetti and leftover pot roast. Nothing too exciting, but atleast the fridge is a little emptier!

:eek: OUCH!! :eek:

yeah, it stung a bit... to who ever on here mentioned the bottom step on the stairs... it worked! even though it took 2 hours for the tantrum to end, by the end of the evening, he sat there nice as can be, and even appologized on his own. I think I'm going to love that bottom step!

Related to Need Dinner Inspiration? Try an Irish Stew with Pork Shoulder!

1. What is the "What's for Dinner?" meal kit program from Pampered Chef?

The "What's for Dinner?" program from Pampered Chef is a meal kit subscription service that delivers pre-measured ingredients and step-by-step instructions to make delicious and easy dinners at home.

2. How does the "What's for Dinner?" meal kit program work?

After signing up for the program, you will receive a box of ingredients and recipes for 3 dinners each week. The ingredients are pre-measured, making it easy to follow the recipes and cook your meals.

3. What types of meals are included in the "What's for Dinner?" program?

The meal kit program offers a variety of meals including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. Each week, there is a selection of different cuisines and flavors to choose from, ensuring there is something for everyone.

4. How many servings are included in each meal kit?

Each meal kit from the "What's for Dinner?" program includes ingredients for 4 servings, making it perfect for families or individuals who want leftovers for lunch the next day.

5. Is there a commitment or contract for the "What's for Dinner?" program?

There is no commitment or contract for the meal kit program. You can skip a week or cancel your subscription at any time. This allows for flexibility and convenience for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Get_Pampered
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies