• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need an Idea for a Couples Show

In summary, the men like gadgets and think they will be able to spend more with them present. The couples show is usually a lot of fun and the host encourages couples to come out.
Chef Kristi
Has anyone ever done a show for couples (married and dating)? I have two of them in September. Its seems that the husbands really like gadgets and they think they'll be able to spend more with them present. I would like to play some sort of game, like maybe a newlywed game that deals with kitchen stuff. What does that sound like? Any suggestions are appreciated.

If you search in the files for couple you'll find a number of ideas. A favorite around here is to set up 2 stations, seperate the men into one team and the women into another, and then have a "competition" between the teams.

I do most of my couples shows as contests between the sexes. For the past few years I've done the baked potstickers. You might have to borrow items to do this concept but what I do is make the filling for both groups (guys and gals). Then I give the teams the same tools for making the final product. I explain rules, set a timer, and see who has the most recognizable potstickers at the end. So far, the women have always won. (I give a small prize to each person on the winning team.)

I try to get to the contest as soon as possible cause it definately lightens things up and the guys are relaxed after that. Before the contest though I will ask how many folks are first timers to PC...when most of the guys hands go up, I say something like "bet you didn't tell your friends where you were going tonight...it will be our little secret"...I then say that most guys today do just as much of the cooking as the gals so it makes sense that they are also invited to PC shows!

My couples shows tend to be some of the funnest shows I do, overall. HOWEVER, remember that if you have 5 couples, equaling 10 people, you really still only have 5 orders. Encourage your host to invite a lot of couples and though some guys will help the orders go up higher (love those!) not all of them will so try to get the attendance up to balance it all out, just like at a regular show!

Good luck.

Bumping this up for more ideas....I am doing a couples show next week and would really like to focus on cookware......thoughts??? (I am going to make a cake in the skillet)

You could put the men in charge of making Panini while you demo the cake for the women. Give them the recipe for the Turkey Panini with Onion Marmalade from Cooking For Two - it uses a LOT of tools, including the apple peeler/corer/slicer, grill pan and press, saute pan, knives, etc.

Ann - I LOVE that idea....but I don't have the grill pan :(
Hmmmmmmmmmm

What are some popular theme ideas for a couples show?

Some popular theme ideas for a couples show include:
- Date Night In: showcasing products for a romantic evening at home
- Game Night: featuring products for fun and interactive games to play as a couple
- Cooking Together: highlighting products for cooking and meal prep as a team
- Outdoor Adventures: showcasing products for camping, picnics, and other outdoor activities for couples
- Home Improvement: featuring products for DIY projects and home renovations as a couple

How can I make my couples show more interactive and engaging?

There are several ways to make your couples show more interactive and engaging:
- Incorporate games or challenges that involve both partners
- Have couples share their own experiences or tips using the products
- Encourage couples to try out products together during the show
- Include demonstrations or tutorials that require participation from both partners
- Host a Q&A session where couples can ask questions and share their thoughts

What are some must-have products for a successful couples show?

Some must-have products for a successful couples show include:
- Kitchen essentials such as cookware, utensils, and appliances
- Products for entertaining such as serving platters, drinkware, and bar tools
- Outdoor gear like grilling accessories, picnic sets, and camping equipment
- Home decor items like candles, linens, and unique kitchen gadgets
- Personal care products such as spa sets, skincare, and grooming tools

How can I market my couples show to attract more attendees?

To market your couples show and attract more attendees, consider:
- Promoting the event on social media platforms and using relevant hashtags
- Creating a Facebook event and inviting friends and followers to RSVP
- Collaborating with other local businesses or organizations to reach a larger audience
- Offering special promotions or discounts for couples who attend the show
- Utilizing email marketing to reach out to your customer base and promote the event

What are some tips for hosting a successful couples show?

Some tips for hosting a successful couples show include:
- Plan ahead and create a detailed timeline for the event
- Make sure to have enough product samples and demonstration materials on hand
- Encourage couples to bring friends and make it a fun group outing
- Offer food and refreshments to make the atmosphere more welcoming
- Follow up with attendees after the show to thank them and gather feedback for future events

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ljeffries
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedchefdt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies