• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need ideas for a rowdy couples show in May? Let's talk recipes!

In summary, Melinda is looking for ideas for a cook-off demonstration for her couples show in May. She has considered a cook-off with men vs women, as well as a demonstration by a male guest. There is also a possibility of a cake decorating contest.
melindag
I have a very large couples show booked for May......I'm scouring my loops looking for ideas. I am considering suggesting a cook off men vs women - or at the very least having a guy come up and help me with the demo. This group is going to be a very rowdy, rambunctious one.....I know this because it is my group of "bestest friends"!

I don't intend to be able to get any of my normal shpeeel out of my mouth for 1 second!

What I'm mainly looking for right now are recipe ideas...that are "substantial" man-pleasing recipes.

And maybe ones that can be broken down into a cook off with groups.....maybe even more than just 2 groups men, vs women.

thoughts?

Melinda

There's a 6-Can Chili recipe on Consultant's Corner that's really tasty. I gave it to my supervisor at work last week (his son's birthday was last weekend) and he said they jazzed it up with some green pepper and fresh mushrooms, and served it over macaroni and it was a big hit. I've done it at shows, and people can't believe how easy it is.

Why don't you send the guys out with the grilling tools and some chicken and keep the ladies inside to put together the Colossal Chopped Salad. Then when the chicken is done, add it into the salad.

For mine in May, I was going to have a relay race...

First person starts the grills...

Second person mixes the seasoning...girls get "Pampered Chef Rubs"...guys have to dig through a pile of "generic spices"

then...

Give the guys the mini-serving spatula, girls the BBQ turner...make them run across the yard with a burger patty back to the grill to drop it off (better not drop it)...

Next person has to set the table...

Next person mixes the drinks...girls get Quik-stir pitcher...guys get old pitcher and have to find a tool in the kitchen or pile...

Etc...

Still working on the idea...

I love that idea! I need to promote some couples shows now!

I have a couple show in a few weeks too and I am racking my brain trying to find a fun way to do the demo that will keep everyone's attention (and allow me to stay focused).
I'm thinking of maybe doing a cake decorating contest, but not sure what to do to highlight the higher end products. The couple hosting the show is planning on having their guests stay afterwards for cookout, so that kinda kills the bbq idea for the show.

amy07 said:
I have a couple show in a few weeks too and I am racking my brain trying to find a fun way to do the demo that will keep everyone's attention (and allow me to stay focused).
I'm thinking of maybe doing a cake decorating contest, but not sure what to do to highlight the higher end products. The couple hosting the show is planning on having their guests stay afterwards for cookout, so that kinda kills the bbq idea for the show.

Maybe you can still cut and prep the meat and season it and get it ready for their BBQ...

Show off some SA products for serving...

Saute some onions in the Executive Cookware for use as toppings later at the BBQ...

...just some ideas (I hope).

It may be a little early in the season, but there is a Melon Super Bowl in the files that sounds like fun. You might want to have it outside though.

janetupnorth said:
For mine in May, I was going to have a relay race...First person starts the grills...Second person mixes the seasoning...girls get "Pampered Chef Rubs"...guys have to dig through a pile of "generic spices"then...Give the guys the mini-serving spatula, girls the BBQ turner...make them run across the yard with a burger patty back to the grill to drop it off (better not drop it)...Next person has to set the table...Next person mixes the drinks...girls get Quik-stir pitcher...guys get old pitcher and have to find a tool in the kitchen or pile...Etc...Still working on the idea...
Poor men!:p

janetupnorth said:
For mine in May, I was going to have a relay race...

First person starts the grills...

Second person mixes the seasoning...girls get "Pampered Chef Rubs"...guys have to dig through a pile of "generic spices"

then...

Give the guys the mini-serving spatula, girls the BBQ turner...make them run across the yard with a burger patty back to the grill to drop it off (better not drop it)...

Next person has to set the table...

Next person mixes the drinks...girls get Quik-stir pitcher...guys get old pitcher and have to find a tool in the kitchen or pile...

Etc...

Still working on the idea...

That sounds like it will be a winner! Great idea!

Hmmm... trying to rack my brain here, and came up with something that may or may not have been mentioned. I would split the group into two teams.. 10 couples per team, and have them do the recipe demo. To work together though, they must each only use one hand!

jenniferknapp said:
Poor men!:p

Yup - trying to get them to see how important it is to have GOOD tools and let their wives spend... :rolleyes: (No motive there at all...he-he)

I had a show last weekend that had a few couples in attendance (& some non-couples). I broke them up into 2 groups (just split the room so men were on each team) & one team made the taco ring & one made the peanutty brownie pizza. Both went over VERY well. I'd suggest a recipe that uses cookware somehow. All of the couples who were there spent more on their orders than the non-couples & a lot of the men were the cooks in the family, so I'm sure that's one of the reasons.

I just had them gather in the family room while the ring was baking & discussed the specials & the paperwork (catalogs, order forms, drawing slips).

Good luck! It should be tons of fun--mine was one of my favorite shows!

What is a Large Couples Show?

A Large Couples Show is a unique and fun party where a consultant will come to your home and provide a cooking demonstration using Pampered Chef products. It is specifically designed for couples to learn new recipes and kitchen techniques together.

How many people can attend a Large Couples Show?

The recommended number of attendees for a Large Couples Show is 8-10 couples. This allows for an intimate and interactive experience for everyone involved.

Do I need to provide any ingredients or supplies for the show?

No, the consultant will bring all the necessary ingredients and supplies for the recipes being demonstrated. All you need to provide is a kitchen space with a stove and oven, as well as a table for the guests to sit and enjoy the food.

Can we choose the recipes that will be demonstrated at the show?

Yes, the consultant will work with you to create a customized menu for your Large Couples Show. You can choose from a variety of recipes and themes to fit your preferences and dietary restrictions.

What are the benefits of hosting a Large Couples Show?

Hosting a Large Couples Show is a great way to spend quality time with your partner and friends while learning new recipes and kitchen techniques. As the host, you will also receive exclusive discounts and free products based on the sales from the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
caroladams
  • DCoopPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Liquid Sky