• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Plan a Fun and Unique Co-Ed Bridal Shower | Tips and Ideas

This will make 2 pizzas. You can then do a competition between the bride and groom on who can make the best pizza. Have the guests be the judges and have prizes for the winner. You can also incorporate some kitchen tools in the competition, like using the garlic press or the pizza cutter. In summary, the conversation revolved around ideas for a couples bridal shower. Suggestions included playing games, having the bride and groom cook together, and doing a short cooking demo with
pampchefrhondab
Hi Everyone,

I have a Bridal Shower scheduled for May 6th. I have done several shows before; however, they want this one to be a couples shower.

Does anyone have any great suggestions for a couples shower. What do you do different? I usually play the 50's and today's advice for the bride, but I won't be able to do that at this shower (at least I don't think it would be appropriate).

Should I have the bride and the groom cook? Should I do no cooking?

Any and all ideas/experiences would be greatly appreciated:)!

Wow - there must not be too many couple showers for Pampered Chef!

No advice at all??

I found a game on a website - based on the Newlywed game. I may order it. It's only $6.95 and downloadable. I thought maybe it would be a fun game w/both guys and girls there. I don't think I'm going to do a demo at all. I may just have a competition between the bride a groom using tools. Any suggestions on what I could have them do?

You guys always have great ideas, so I'm hoping you'll help me.

Thanks,

I know we had a couple discussions of couple shows on another thread. I think you might find something by searching in the files section under games or men or couples. You might want to post this in one of the more read areas like themes. Sorry I don't have any ideas as I'm new and never done a couples show.

couples baby showerWow that sounds like fun and like a profitable event.

Usually ladies come to the show, just like I go to the grocery store with my list of items to purchase, but when my hubby comes with me I am more at ease to order more items not only for the guest of honor but for myself.

My husband insists I get what I need and want. Especially if he sees the tools in action. He is thinking "More great food coming out of the kitchen for me!"

Ok as far as suggestions. I think you should do a short demo. Something that is man friendly but yummy for both. The trifle is a definite plus! Do a dessert in that for everyone but only demo the pizza.

Men love pizza, so that might work for the demo. And you could have a salad for those ladies watching their weight. And you can demo many products with some of the PC pizza recipes.

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

1 pkg (10oz) refrigerated pizza crust
2 plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp fresh parsley, snipped
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
1/4 tsp salt
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1/4 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing

Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly sprinkle a rectangle stone with flour. Unroll pizza crust onto stone: roll out to edge.

Remove core & seeds from tomatoes. Coarsely chop tomatoes & celery with a knife; place in a bowl. Grate cheese into bowl using grater. Add parsley snipped with kitchen shears; set aside.

In small bowl, combine ketchup, vinegar, pepper sauce, salt & garlic. Chop chicken. Add chicken to sauce mixture; mix well using. Spread chicken mixture evenly over dough; top evenly with cheese mixture.

Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Cut into squares using pizza cutter. Drizzle with dressing. Serve

Chicken Fajita Pizza

1 pouch (16 ounces) Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
1 1/4 cups very warm water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornmeal
8 ounces cooked chicken, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
1 medium red pepper, sliced into strips
1 medium green pepper, sliced into strips
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
6 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend (1 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 425°F. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine pizza crust
mix and yeast packet. Add water and vegetable oil; stir until mixture
forms a ball. Turn dough out onto floured surface. With floured hands,
gently knead dough 8-10 times. Sprinkle cornmeal over Large Round
Stone. Roll dough to edge of baking stone using lightly floured Baker's
Roller(R).

Chop cooked chicken using Food Chopper; set aside. Slice red and
green peppers into 1-inch strips with Chef's Knife. Slice onion using
Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade; slice onion slices
in half. Heat Stir-Fry Skillet over medium-high heat; spray with vegetable
oil. Add peppers, onion, garlic using Garlic Press and seasoning mix;
stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salsa.

Arrange vegetable mixture over crust. Sprinkle chopped chicken over
vegetable mixture. Top with cheese.

Bake 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle
cilantro over pizza. Cut into wedges. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 8 servings

You can just buy the refrigerated pizza crust if you want to. These recipes just suggest the PC crust mix to sell it. Games would be fun! I play this fun game when I have hosted a couples baby shower, not for PC but for friends.

Make a baby!!
I had play dough and had each couple try to create a baby!! The best one won!! We all judged it was funny!

Change the baby!!
This was so much fun! The guys loved it and it's good practice. I just had baby dolls wearing size one diapers (leftovers from the diaper cake) and their job was to race to the baby, give it a wipe, put some powder and and fresh diaper! This one is my favorite.

I also love to buy little babies as shower favors and drop on in each slot of an ice cube tray. Fill it up with water, freeze and then give one to each person who comes to the shower. Drop it in their drink and the first one to have their melt, wins!! IT's called "My water broke!!"

As for gifts, believe me dad would appreciate some barbecue tools when he has to take over the dinner preperations while mom and baby just get home. There are many creative ways to feed these people, have fun games and sell your PC products. I hope it goes well. Remind them that Mother's day is on the horizon and Pc makes great gifts for any mom! And remind the guys that they will be big winners next month if they get their wives some Mother's Day Pampered Chef products!! Make sure everyone leaves with a catalog and your business card.

Hope this helps!

Debbie :D

Thanks so much for your ideas Debbie - but this is a Bridal Shower. I think they would be upset if I started talking about babies (LOL - too funny). But I printed off your ideas and am keeping them for a baby shower - they are great. The food ideas are still great for a Bridal Shower. I also thought about the BBQ tools for the guys.

Thanks for the advice as well Tasha.

I know someone did a "cook-off" guys against girls. They gave each group a pizza to make and had them race to see who finished first having to borrow tools from each other in order to make the pizzas.

Lol
pampchefrhondab said:
Thanks so much for your ideas Debbie - but this is a Bridal Shower. I think they would be upset if I started talking about babies (LOL - too funny). But I printed off your ideas and am keeping them for a baby shower - they are great. The food ideas are still great for a Bridal Shower. I also thought about the BBQ tools for the guys.

Thanks for the advice as well Tasha.

LOL that's what I get for eating, typing and playing ball with my two youngest!!

That was funny!!

I will get you some appropriate suggestions for this (LOL)!!

Debbie :D

Debbie,

I love the changing the baby idea!!! I will have to remember it for the next baby shower I give. This woul dbe cute even with women, since we all think we can do it better than the other one!ha!

tlennhoff said:
I know someone did a "cook-off" guys against girls. They gave each group a pizza to make and had them race to see who finished first having to borrow tools from each other in order to make the pizzas.

This is what I thought about too. I did a couple's show (not a bridal shower) with the cookoff-one group made main dish and the other did a dessert and everyone had a great time. The ideas were in a Theme Show thread called the Amazing Race and even had little cards with the steps to print out for each team.

1. What are some unique and fun themes for a co-ed bridal shower?

Some unique and fun themes for a co-ed bridal shower could include a backyard BBQ, a wine or beer tasting party, a game night, a beach or pool party, or a couples cooking class.

2. Is it necessary to have traditional bridal shower games?

No, it is not necessary to have traditional bridal shower games. You can opt for more interactive and modern activities such as a photo booth, a DIY cocktail bar, or a group activity like painting or pottery making.

3. How can I make the co-ed bridal shower enjoyable for both men and women?

To make the co-ed bridal shower enjoyable for both men and women, try to include a mix of activities and games that cater to both genders. You can also have a variety of food and drink options to appeal to different tastes.

4. Should I include the groom in the planning process?

It is not necessary to include the groom in the planning process, but it can be a nice gesture to ask for his input or involvement in certain aspects of the shower. This can also help ensure that the event is enjoyable for both the bride and the groom.

5. How can I incorporate the couple's interests and hobbies into the bridal shower?

You can incorporate the couple's interests and hobbies into the bridal shower by choosing a theme or activities that align with their interests. For example, if they love hiking, you can plan a nature-themed shower or if they enjoy wine, you can have a wine tasting party. You can also personalize decorations and favors to reflect their interests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovecookn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lovecookn
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBeckyD