• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Dessert Idea for Luncheon

In summary, four gals from the old neighbourhood have invited Debbie to luncheon, and she is undecided on what to make. The possible wow desserts are the chocolate peanut butter cup torte, the mini lemon cakes, the trifle, or the chocolate profiteroles. All are good, but the torte is Debbie's favorite.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I've been invited to 'lunch' with some gals from the old neighbourhood. Now when I say lunch I really mean luncheon. 4 gals..."shee shee poo poo" types as Oprah would say (No idea why I'M invited LOL)

I need a WOW dessert that travels easily. Last year I made the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries but this year I'm stuck on something impressive but not too labor intensive.

Anyone?

I really like those mini glazed lemon cakes made in the prep bowls! They are easy to make, pretty, yummy and you can garnish them to make them look even more spectacular!

Debbie :D

Things in the tifle bowl always look great & travel easy w/ the lid!!

WLMcCoy said:
Things in the tifle bowl always look great & travel easy w/ the lid!!

I was just going to say - trifle! It's always impressive.

ETA: Too wierd. When I hit submit one of the "smilies" was on my post and I hadn't put it there (it wasn't a happy one though so I took it off). Wonder how that happened...

The Triple Chocolate Fruit Topped Pizza looks great and is served cold, so you can make it the night before. It is also very yummy and easy to make. My 6 year old DS helped me to make one for his V-Day party at school.

I recently made both the double chocolate mousse cups and the chocolate profiteroles and have gotten winning reviews on both :) And both can be prepared the night before and assembled before you leave. Even my mother in law was impressed and that is something that never happens when it involves something I did LOL

Fluffy215 said:
I recently made both the double chocolate mousse cups and the chocolate profiteroles and have gotten winning reviews on both :) And both can be prepared the night before and assembled before you leave. Even my mother in law was impressed and that is something that never happens when it involves something I did LOL

The double chocolate mousse cups are very pretty, and really good! If there was a way to make them smaller - I'd be doing them for shows!

How about one of the tortes? I made the Cherry one from the Festive Desserts CB and it got a ton of WOWs at work. It really did look nice - and it was my first one! And I don't think it is too "holiday" of a recipe.

Or, I agree, a trifle always WOWs. But I would stay away from the new Banana one. It looked awful when my director and I did it. I have done the Black Forest one in a HURRY at a show and it always looks nice. The Banana one looked awful.

Edit: Just thought of this: if you use the torte pans, they are the host special in Marcah - maybe someone woudl book a show???

My favorite wow dessert is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte! It is sooo decadant!! I LOVE it!! My hips don't though! LOL>

Are the mini lemon cakes supposed to be served warm? I've never made them.

What's your favorite trifle? I might go that route.

I don't have the torte pan so they're out :(

I have made the profiterole puffs before and loved them. Are the chocolate ones just a different version or is this an entirely different recipe?

How hard is it to find the waffle cups? I may go that route.

Thanks for all the help ladies. I may be still undecided but at least now I actually DO have some ideas ;) :)

I'd do the Peanut Butter Cup Trifle. I've done that at a couple of shows and they LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I agree that the lemon cakes are yummy too though!

Lemon cakes do not need to be warm, that's the beauty of it! They taste great warm or even the next day! I love them! I think it's very economical too!

I haven't made that torte but it's very tempting. I think I will make it for our church's women's retreat! Women always appreciate chocolate!

Debbie :D

The waffle cups are easy to find. Heck I live in New England and it's winter LOL If we have them here you can find them anywhere LOL Check your local grocery store or Super Walmart. They would be were the ice cream cones are found. last year I did find some mni ones of course that was during the summer so who knows this summer LOL

Related to Need a Dessert Idea for Luncheon

1. What are some quick and easy dessert ideas for a luncheon?

For a quick and easy dessert, you can try making a fruit salad with a variety of fresh fruits, or a no-bake cheesecake with a graham cracker crust. You could also make individual parfaits with layers of yogurt, granola, and berries.

2. I need a dessert that can be made ahead of time, any suggestions?

You can try making a batch of cookies or brownies ahead of time and storing them in an airtight container. You could also make a trifle with layers of cake, fruit, and whipped cream, which can be assembled and refrigerated a day before the luncheon.

3. What are some dessert ideas that are gluten-free?

You can make a flourless chocolate cake or a fruit crumble using gluten-free oats. You could also make lemon bars with a gluten-free crust, or a fruit sorbet using fresh or frozen fruit.

4. I want to impress my guests with a fancy dessert, any suggestions?

You could make a classic French dessert like crème brûlée or a chocolate soufflé. You could also make a fruit tart with a homemade crust and a variety of fresh fruits or a decadent chocolate mousse.

5. I need a dessert that can feed a large crowd, any ideas?

You can make a big batch of brownies or a sheet cake that can be easily cut into smaller portions for a large group. You could also make a fruit salad or a trifle in a large bowl to serve as a refreshing and easy dessert option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jasonmva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
Replies