• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating an Unfamiliar Environment: A Party Host's Story

In summary, it sounds like you're both very cautious and would not feel safe going to this party by yourself. You might want to consider either mailing the catalogs or finding a different host.
rennea
Gold Member
Wow I had an interesting day!! My director called me and said there was a girl in my area who wanted to have a party and gave me her info. I called her and sure enough she is a huge PC fan used to have parties all the time and wants to have a party. So I got together my host package, etc. and dropped them off at her place. My husband was in the car and nearly had a stroke. He said what is this a "crack house". He was right--broken cars in the yard, windows covered over with tin foil, man eating dog, garbage all over........He said " there is no way you are coming here at night to hold a party, I don't think these are the type of people who use PC.". Has anybody been in this kind of situation before, not feeling safe. I don't know these people at all. My home isn't the greatest but at least when people pull up the drive there not scared :eek: Sorry to ramble on and I don't mean to be rude I just had to ask what would somebody do if they felt like this.

Well, I had a similiar situation. I had a girl that had booked a party and I was to take her the catalogs etc. Well, I drove up to her house and it was exactly what you had talked about. There was no way I was going to go there at night all by myself. I just turned around and never called her again. I really did not know what to do. I couldn't very well call her back and tell her why I was cancelling and I didn't want to lie to her either. So, I did the safe thing and did neither. I never heard from her. I don't really know what the best way to handle would have been. I think God was really looking out for me because I usually just mail out the catalogs etc. But this time I chose to go to her house. You just never know.

Last edited:
Follow your instinctsI think most of the people we are going to meet in this business will be basically good, well-intentioned people. And you don't want to make the mistake of prejudging anyone based on where they live or anything like that. That said, do follow your instincts and gut feelings. Make sure your husband, etc. knows where you are going, has the phone number, and when you should be home. Take a cell phone, just in case. And do your host coaching - not just to boost your sales, but to also get a feel for the person you are talking to. If something doesn't feel right about the situation, GO HOME! It is better to miss out on a show and seem rude, than to not and end up in a situation where you wish you had.

I hope everyone has awesome shows with terrific hosts, but I would hate for something to happen to anyone of us.

Leesa

You could always haveyour husband go with you , a lot of consultants do shows with their husbands. If you really need the show just pretend he always goes to shows with you ! I wouldnt feel safe going out to my car at night either ! Not in that neigborhood ! Good luck , let us know what happens !

Be safe!I agree, if you don't feel safe going to a certain location to do a show - don't do it! Offer a catalog show or something. I'm sure she is nice and everything but you just never know! I usually don't prejudge, but when it comes to my safety, I always prejudge. I like to drop off my host packets so I can sort of meet with the host and show her how excited I am about her show. I haven't yet encountered a "crack house" but they do excist so you never know.

My husband is a combatives instructor for the Army and he taught me some self defense moves awhile back ago and he also told me to always go with your instinct and always prejudge a situation. I know I can kick someone's butt if I REALLY had to (haha, not really) :p , I still wouldn't put myself in a situation to get a few sales. You do what your instinct tells you. But always go prepared like Leesa suggested, take a cell phone, leave your husband with the address and phone number of the house. It's better to be safe than sorry! ;)

Always trust your gutI've never been in that situation before, but I hope that if my gut instinct said "this is a bad idea", I'd listen to it. If you're worried about this lady's reaction you could call your director and explain the situation and between the two of you, you can come up with a plan. Or you could lie and say you'll be away at that time (whenever she wants her party) and try to convince her to do a catalogue show.
I hope you find a way to resolve this with the least amount of stress to yourself--and thanks for posting this message...it's important for all of us who have a job that takes us into stranger's homes to remember to trust our "little voice" and not let good manners and professionalism come before our safety.
D.C.

1. How do I prepare for hosting a Pampered Chef party in an unfamiliar environment?

Preparing for a party in an unfamiliar environment starts with communication. Reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant to discuss the space and any potential challenges. They can also provide tips on how to best set up for a successful party in this new environment.

2. What are some common challenges when hosting a party in an unfamiliar environment?

Some common challenges include unfamiliar kitchen tools or appliances, limited counter or cooking space, and lack of familiarity with the layout and functionality of the space. These challenges can be overcome with proper communication and preparation.

3. How can I make my guests feel comfortable in an unfamiliar environment?

Creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere is key. Be sure to introduce your guests to each other and provide a brief overview of the space and any special features. Offer refreshments and encourage them to mingle and explore the space.

4. What are some tips for navigating an unfamiliar environment during the party presentation?

First, be familiar with the presentation and the products you will be showcasing. This will help you adapt to any unexpected challenges or changes in the environment. It's also helpful to have a backup plan in case of technical difficulties or other issues.

5. How can I use an unfamiliar environment to my advantage during the party?

An unfamiliar environment can actually be a fun and unique opportunity to showcase the versatility and adaptability of Pampered Chef products. Be creative and think outside the box when it comes to utilizing the space. Your guests may also enjoy the novelty of trying out new cooking tools and techniques.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• goddessred
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ivykeep
Replies
Views
lovecookn
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies