• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nat'l Conference-Info Please-No Wet Noodles

In summary, the author is asking if anyone is planning to attend the conference and if so, what hotel they are staying at and what workshops they plan to attend. The author also shared that they have attended the conference in the past and enjoyed it.
smart2cook
Gold Member
I am one month new! I would love to attend but I do not think it is in my budget presently between airfare, hotel, food etc...I am believing it is similar to another DS company conference I attended in Dallas a few years back but it was much less expensive and our meals were included (thank goodness)!
I am wondering if any of you are planning to stay at less expensive hotels close by (since you have been before you may be familiar with the area) and after the Conference-is information shared with those that are unable to attend.
Please tell me your favorite parts of going if you don't mind sharing.

I've gone 2 yrs in a row but i stay at the hilton... That aside what do you mean by a wet noodle.

LOL I didn't want to get any wet noodle lashings! Do they change it up every year?

Your team(cluster) will share info, consultant news etc, as do we on chef success.This is the first year that we ar altogether. We had gotten 2 breakfast and 2 lunches and the banquet as far as meals. When registration opens you'll get more info.Sorry i'm not much help

PS love the wet noodle part

They don't change it - and from what I can tell, it will be in the same location this year. The thing about the conference hotels is that they have a free shuttle running all during the day to the conference center - so you can step outside the door, and onto an air-conditioned bus for the trips to and from the conference center. The McCormick Center is quite a ways from most hotels. I do know that some people stay at the hotel right at the McCormick Center, but then, it's a cab ride to get to most restaurants and sight-seeing. (and it's not a conference hotel, so I'm not sure about the cost) When we stay at the Sheraton, it's w/in walking distance of lots of fun stuff - including Navy Pier.We stay at a conference hotel, and with 4 of us in a room, it cuts down on the cost considerably.

There wouldn't be anything called a "Cheap hotel" in downtown Chicago (not one I'd be caught in that's for sure!) Share with 3 other's and it will cut your cost way down (I think $40-50 a night??). We do get some meals- breakfast and lunch, yes??? We did some last year.I really enjoyed it last year. The energy is incredible! And this year it will be EVERYONE in one group instead of divided into three groups...so THOUSANDS of crazy people :) Imean that in the best sense of the word of course. But if for some reason, it isn't in the cards this year, know that a few weeks/month after the conference, they will post a copy of one version of each of the Workshops in our Online Training Center Resources. You can get a sense of some things by listening to the past conference workshops now. THey have 2008 & 2009 workshops in there now. The General Sessions are NOT recorded and uploaded, and those are alot of fun.I hope you can find a way. Keep an eye on airfare now...you might get lucky before summer rates start!

I will tell you that I've never felt like my money was wasted at PC's NC. You get to pick your workshops. There are freebies. The opportunity to meet consultants of all levels from all over is really amazing.

I believe it differs from other direct sales conferences in that it's truly a celebration of the consultants. Even as a simple consultant (as opposed to one of the upper levels) I felt encouraged and celebrated.

I won't tell you that it's essential for success with PC. If it's a hardship, you can always go next year. Sign up for Conference Club, which gives you an opportunity to pay a little towards NC every month. You can even have extra taken out so that you can save up enough to pay for your portion of the hotel or part of your travel expenses. The great thing about Conference Club is that if you don't use it you get every penny back.

No matter what you decide you'll find lots of information here afterward as many of us share our notes from the various workshops.

Best wishes on your new business. :)

if you are able to attend, it really is amazing to see the big picture.
And to see this job is good for everyone!! women, men, short, tall, thin, thick.
I met a woman that uses a wheel chair and has all her shows at her home because it is wheel chair accessible. You hear about and met Amish women that take horse and buggy to their shows. It's incredible.

Wow all of this is very inspiring! Didn't realize there is more than one hotel involved-I will try hard to go-sounds like a great deal of fun!

I have stayed at the Essex Inn, located directly next door to the Hilton. Literally 15 steps to the shuttle and never had any problems what so ever. The room is an average of $159 per night and we split it between 2 or 3 people, but you could do 4 per room if you wanted. They do have a website and it is a very nice hotel. I recommend the NC to everyone, just because it is an incredible experience and you have knowledge and friendships that will last a lifetime because of the trip.

Personally, I booked my hotel the week after I returned home for NC last year, just because of the energy and will wanting to not miss this year. I recently added 2 more rooms to my reservation for additional consultants.

It is truly an event not to be missed!

Hope to see you there!

There will be 4 conference hotels this year, and one of them is the one at McCormick Place! They have a free shuttle to the pier, downtown, etc!!

Do you know the name of the one at McCormick Place? Is it the Hyatt Regency?

mscharf said:
There will be 4 conference hotels this year, and one of them is the one at McCormick Place! They have a free shuttle to the pier, downtown, etc!!
Where did you hear that? Is that a director-secret still? :D
(Which hotels??) 4 Hotels doesn't sound like very many considering they are having only one conference session.....book early!

I only spent like $20 on food last year - we ate dinner the night we got there, we went for breakfast 1 morning, and then 1 other I think it was. But our AD also took us out for dinner one night in addition to the Executive Director banquet, so I never had to buy dinner other than the first night we got in.

I had some cab expenses and then all my other expenses were hotel and airfare.

I signed at the end of April last year and I went to Conference. I'm SOOO glad I did, it was incredibly inspiring and encouraging. And you get info first, free products, and special incentives not available to non-attendees. Plus I got to know several of my clustermates much better, something that probably wouldn't have happened if I didn't attend and share that experience.

In the past, some meals have been included with registration. That should still be the case this year, but they may have switched up which ones. Someone posted in another thread that they were told the Exec. Banquets will not be happening this year, but with no information as to whether that meal is being eliminated completely or being replaced with a non-banquet dinner.

chefann said:
In the past, some meals have been included with registration. That should still be the case this year, but they may have switched up which ones. Someone posted in another thread that they were told the Exec. Banquets will not be happening this year, but with no information as to whether that meal is being eliminated completely or being replaced with a non-banquet dinner.

There will be no dinners provided. Everything will end by 5:45 except the last day at 1pm. The times things start and finish each day are listed on the website. I know for a fact there are no dinners because I discussed it with my SED.

Last edited:
mscharf said:

Just tried to make reservations at the one at McCormick Place, and was told it's already completely booked for those dates. :grumpy:

I am so happy that I posted this thread. I am not sure if I will be able to go but I see that it is a wonderful experience! That so many of you have such a great time and I am learning why-it is important to go if possible, it should be a priority. Thank you so much for those whom are sharing!

Here's info right from the website regarding the agenda:

Agenda Overview:

Monday, July 12:

Registration open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
First-Time Attendee Orientation Sessions
Treasure Hunt
Optional Director Buffet Lunch (available noon – 1:30 p.m.)
Director Training Event (2 p.m. – 4 p.m.)
New Director Reception (4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
Upper Level Director Dinner (7 p.m. – 9 p.m.)

Tuesday, July 13 – Thursday, July 15:

Events begin at 8:30 a.m. daily
Events end by 5:45 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday
Events end by 1:00 p.m. on Thursday

So in all probability they will provide breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Something I got recently listed the Hilton, Sheraton and two Hyatts as the hotels but I am unable to find that at this moment.

ChefBeckyD said:
Just tried to make reservations at the one at McCormick Place, and was told it's already completely booked for those dates. :grumpy:

Pampered Chef probably has the whole thing or most of the hotel blocked off. That would be why you as an individual couldn't get in. Just wait for registration to open up and grab it then!:chef:

ChefBeckyD said:

PC has blocked the whole hotel I am sure! We will make reservations thru PC when registration opens!

esavvymom said:
Where did you hear that? Is that a director-secret still? :D
(Which hotels??) 4 Hotels doesn't sound like very many considering they are having only one conference session.....book early!

Maybe a secret :) I guess the secret is out. From what I have heard from an ED is they have the entire 4 hotels! I know last year we were at the Hilton and there was several other groups there also, so I guess they have blocked the whole (or most of) all 4 hotels!

Don't panic. PC reserves hotel rooms, then we book from them. I'm looking forward to it. My husband is coming with me. We are making a nice trip out of it. We're coming early, attending a Nascar game, and seeing some sights. Darn, the cubs are away during the time of conference.

Just a word to the wise--be VERY VERY VERY careful when reserving with Experient (HO's travel agent for conference). I personally will NEVER use them again.

Last edited:
DebbieJ said:
Just a word to the wise--be VERY VERY VERY careful when reserving with Travel Planners (HO's travel agent for conference). I personally will NEVER use them again.

Can you reserve the rooms w/o using them?

This year will be my 4th NC but my first being in charge of booking a room for my team. I need some tips! As of right now I am wanting to book the Hilton, hopefully a room with 2 bathrooms and possibly a rollaway. We did that 2 years ago and it worked great.

lockhartkitchen said:
Don't panic. PC reserves hotel rooms, then we book from them. I'm looking forward to it. My husband is coming with me. We are making a nice trip out of it. We're coming early, attending a Nascar game, and seeing some sights. Darn, the cubs are away during the time of conference.

They are back in town on Thursday. It's a night game at 7:05! I can't wait, my hubby is from Chicago, and a huge Cubs fan. Its a surprise for him I've had my tkts for a month or two now and I am so afraid he is going to find them before July.

Check your ticket. We saw White Sox play, but Cubs are all star game.

Nevermind, I was talking about the Thursday before. I see your game on the 15th. We were wanting a game before then, because we're coming to Chicago early and we'd have to stay later. Too many days away from the kids.

When does registration open? I want to make sure I'm at the ready!

usually mid April

I would love to share with other consultants on my team but I wake up every morning between 3-4 a.m. and I would feel awkward and afraid I would wake others. What is the hotel rate at the Sheraton if you're not sharing?:)

jj16 said:
I would love to share with other consultants on my team but I wake up every morning between 3-4 a.m. and I would feel awkward and afraid I would wake others. What is the hotel rate at the Sheraton if you're not sharing?:)

probably around $185 or so. We won't know their room rate til Monday.

I am so glad there is another out there. I went last year - shared a room with 3 others, including a double bed (am used to a King size w/hubby). I felt like I tossed and turned and got stiff joints and was up at 4am- in and out of the shower and watching others sleep!! I travel to conferences for my regular full time job and always get a single and am very comfortable. I think I will check out the rates too....but I do not want to appear to be unsociable.

You won't appear unsociable. As a matter of fact, no one will know that you're rooming alone unless you tell them. If someone asks you can tell them your room is full. Which, it will be, since you've decided that the maximum capacity is 1.

Rae- I just love your words of wisdom. When you decide to write a book - a collection of your wisdom, can I have an autographed copy?:balloon:

You're funny, Linda. Any wisdom I have is probably borrowed from someone else. And, the only books I write are other people's.

So looking forward to getting the registration process started. I think we are going to stay at the Embassy Suites. There is one a quick walk from the Sheraton and we can catch the bus there.

I've already booked a room at the Embassy (did it several months ago actually). My family goes with me and they tour the city. I was at the Sheraton last year (and the regular rates are no different than the PC Rates- so there was no noticeable difference in those....just if you share a room and split costs)- and I don't mind walking a block to catch the shuttle. :)I was surprised there are only 3 workshops. Seemed like we had a few more last year (5, wasn't it?). I understand WHY I guess- logistics of the #s...but would have been nice to have one or two more for the training.

Last year there were 4 workshop options, one of them being the guest speaker. This year there are 3 workshop options and a general session with the guest speakers, which seems like essentially 4 workshops.

Looking over the agenda answered one question for me. I was wondering how they were going to fit all of us into workshops at the same time. With 2 tracks we're basically divided into two waves happening simultaneously.

raebates said:
Last year there were 4 workshop options, one of them being the guest speaker. This year there are 3 workshop options and a general session with the guest speakers, which seems like essentially 4 workshops.

Looking over the agenda answered one question for me. I was wondering how they were going to fit all of us into workshops at the same time. With 2 tracks we're basically divided into two waves happening simultaneously.

The session with our Executive is a training session too so essentially 5 workshops.

1. What is the National Conference all about?

The National Conference is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef for our consultants to come together, network, learn new skills, and celebrate their achievements. It is a great opportunity to hear from our company leaders, attend workshops and training sessions, and see new products.

2. How much does it cost to attend the National Conference?

The cost of attending the National Conference varies depending on the location and time of registration. Early bird registration is usually the most cost-effective option. We also offer payment plans to help make it more affordable for our consultants to attend.

3. Can I stay at a less expensive hotel nearby?

Yes, you are welcome to stay at a hotel of your choice. However, we do recommend staying at the designated conference hotel for convenience and to take advantage of any special rates or discounts offered. You can also try booking through discount websites or sharing a room with other consultants to save on expenses.

4. Will information be shared with those who are unable to attend?

Yes, we understand that not all of our consultants are able to attend the National Conference. That is why we make an effort to share important information and highlights from the event through our social media channels, emails, and blog posts.

5. What are your favorite parts of attending the National Conference?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have had the privilege of attending the National Conference multiple times. My favorite parts include the energy and excitement of being surrounded by other passionate consultants, the valuable training and workshops that help me grow my business, and of course, the new product reveals! It's also a great opportunity to meet and connect with other consultants from all over the country.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefEsther
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rennea
  • Shari in TX
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • allisonserna