• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it possible to bring a 6-month old baby to NTC?

In summary, Nicole is a new mommie and her baby is 6 weeks old. She wants to go to National Conference this summer, but she knows the baby will have to come with her. She has problems to overcome while at National Conference, such as breastfeeding and the baby will be 6 months old. She has to factor in the expenses for the baby's attendance, such as travel, hotel, food, and workshops. She does not pay for the baby to attend National Conference.
allisonserna
I am a new mommie, and currently my baby is 6 weeks....

I REALLY want to go to NTC this summer, but I know the baby will have to come with me. (Breastfeeding & she'll be 6 months old)

What problems will I have to overcome while at NTC?

Will I have to pay for her conference registration, meals, workshops etc?

I know we should get own hotel room, because who would want to share a room with a 6 month old baby? Unless there was another mom with my circumstances...

Don't I have to pay airfare for the baby as well?

So is it realistic to even consider NTC this year at all????

I attached pics of her

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 304
I know there was another thread about this same issue, hopefully someone can find it for you and post it.

nevermind i just read the thread... so I should stay home as well.... :(

My hubby is going to WIN again - he hates my PC biz... he thinks it is a waste of time.

:(

He talked me out of going last year because I was pregnant, and the Chicago heat factor. I don't do well in hot area, I tend to over heat and get really sick. He would never go in a MILLION YEARS, to help with the baby.

Last edited:
The thing I know for sure is that you CANNOT take the baby to any classes, sessions, etc. You must have someone with you to watch the baby during those times. So, you have to factor in the travel, hotel, food, etc., expenses for that person. You do not pay for them to attend NC, because they cannot go in, because they will be watching the baby.

My Director has twice (once for a National, once for a Leadership) made a family vacation out of it, and taken everyone. That way, her DH was able to go and take care of the baby.

Hope that information helps you in your decision making!

Nicole :)

Oh, yeah. They drove instead of flying.

allisonserna said:
My hubby is going to WIN again - he hates my PC biz... he thinks it is a waste of time.

Don't let him win! i believe I speak for quite a few people here at Chef Success when I say that most of us have had spouses who didn't like us donig the business. My wife complains that I'm taking time away from her. :mad: Even my director told me her husband wanted her to quit when she first started. When they went on their first PC trip he had a change of heart. Go figure! :rolleyes:

So don't get too discouraged. We have all walked in your shoes. Just don't give up. If you can't go this year there is always next year.

vtodd71 said:
Don't let him win! i believe I speak for quite a few people here at Chef Success when I say that most of us have had spouses who didn't like us donig the business. My wife complains that I'm taking time away from her. :mad: Even my director told me her husband wanted her to quit when she first started. When they went on their first PC trip he had a change of heart. Go figure! :rolleyes:

So don't get too discouraged. We have all walked in your shoes. Just don't give up. If you can't go this year there is always next year.

That is EXACTLY what my director said about her husband. She would leave her house in tears headed to shows. Now he loves it. !!! Plus they have 5 kids and she can stay home.

When I first started my husband was 1/2 supportive. He did and said all the right things in front of the right people but then when we were alone he was whining about the time I didn't give him.:cry:

But ever since we went on that first trip...he is hooked!:D :rolleyes:

I personally skipped conference after my babies were born, just because I couldn't afford the expense of having my own room, and to fly my husband and I. The baby can fly free until he/she is 2.

You need to decide what is best for you! If I would have listened to my husband 5 years ago, I wouldn't be going to London in a couple months!;)

allisonserna said:
nevermind i just read the thread... so I should stay home as well.... :(

:(

He talked me out of going last year because I was pregnant, and the Chicago heat factor. I don't do well in hot area, I tend to over heat and get really sick. He would never go in a MILLION YEARS, to help with the baby.

Last year wasn't too hot. Plus you are in the conference area most of the time so it's not too bad for the heat.

It bites that he's not supportive, mine is wishy washy. Sometimes he's happy I'm doing it and other times he thinks I work too much at it.

I know for sure that the baby can fly for free until 2 years old, so you wouldn't have that expense, but you would need a sitter for your workshop times.

fruit76loop said:
When I first started my husband was 1/2 supportive. He did and said all the right things in front of the right people but then when we were alone he was whining about the time I didn't give him.:cry:

But ever since we went on that first trip...he is hooked!:D :rolleyes:

This sounds like my DH... he is very supportive when we are with other people, but then complains how much time I'm spending on the phone and gets irritated when I get mad if he comes home late on my "office nights".:mad: :eek:

Don't know if I'll be anywhere near a trip this year, but his eyes got pretty big when I told him about Paris. I'm hoping he does the "trip flip" (changes his mind about my business) when we take our first trip. Can't wait to find out!!! Somedays DHs are soooooo wishy-washy!!!:yuck:

pamperedposey said:
I know for sure that the baby can fly for free until 2 years old, so you wouldn't have that expense, but you would need a sitter for your workshop times.

They can fly free, but you have to hold them... they don't get their own seat. Two summers ago, my entire family (11 of us at the time) flew to Montana to visit other family... this 11 included two babies, one was 10 weeks old, the other was 5 weeks old... yes, I said TWO babies and WEEKS old, not months or years. Since none of us had ever flow with infants before, we decided to spend the extra $$ and purchase tickets for the babies. That was the BEST decision. All the planes we were on were crowded and having the babies in their own seats (in their infant carriers) made life soooooo much easier. Plus, I personally felt more comfortable with my baby in her car seat on the plane. If I have to wear a seatbelt, I felt that my baby should be secure as well.

Now we did our flights with infants, but I can't even imagine having to fly holding a squirming toddler on my lap!:eek:

National confrence in chicagoalison,
I went last year it was not that hot. We had a rain storms . It was my first time. ;) be prepared for hot and cool weather and bring a lite jacket or sweater in the conference areas its cool and of course tennises are a must you will be walking a lot! a lot of ladies were wearing heals and flats and I saw them walking around bare foot .you will want a good size bag to hold things in like a tote bag.:D
Yes my finance thinks its a waste of time as well But it is my biz not his.
I do live with him and I cook.
If you would of seen the collected junk he had for cooking pans and such , you would of thought he got the cheapest and worst of the bunch.:eek:
My great grandma had better pans even those they were cast iron and seaping an old bacon smell.
His pans and pots were aluminum dented to heck with lumps on the bottom.
His baking sheets are not backing sheets but were just a thin rectangular pan the height of an pencil laying on its side and burnt and stained.:yuck: I told him we had to get rid of them and he finally agreed after 4 months of bugging him. We finally went to the thrift store would not take them they were that bad.:eek: I was so embarrassed . He was smiling like these were a real treasure. But I made him go with me to the junk yard and get rid of him he was so sad he moped around like a child that lost his favorite toy. and then he brought home a old fashioned meat slicer like ones used in the delis. now what i am to do with it? it's big and you think i would be buying meat in bulk not sliced like 10 pounds of ham and such...:cry: like I have that much room in the freezer!
lmonninger

I personally wouldn't go with a baby. In fact, my husband asked if he should go the first year I went (my daughter was almost 2...I skipped my first year). I looked at the schedule and said NO! I just couldn't imagine how bored he'd be (though I know that they would have had lots of fun in the pool and walking around). I've seen people with babies there though. I know I couldn't go my first year, because I just couldn't leave her. She didn't need me, but I wasn't ready to be away from her for days! The 2nd year, well...I did cry just a moment, but then I was so happy to have time away!

1. What is the National Conference?

The National Conference is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef for its consultants and leaders. It is a multi-day event filled with training, networking, and celebration of the company's achievements.

2. When and where is the National Conference held?

The National Conference is usually held in July or August and the location changes each year. Past locations have included cities like Chicago, Nashville, and Las Vegas.

3. How can I register for the National Conference?

Registration for the National Conference can be done through the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant's personal website. There is usually an early bird registration discount available for those who register before a certain date.

4. Is the National Conference only for top-performing consultants?

No, the National Conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants. It is a great opportunity for new consultants to learn from experienced leaders and for all consultants to connect with others in the Pampered Chef community.

5. What can I expect to gain from attending the National Conference?

Attending the National Conference can provide valuable knowledge and skills through training sessions and workshops. It is also a great opportunity to network with other consultants and leaders, and to be inspired and motivated by the company's success stories and vision for the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefEsther
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rennea
  • Leanna
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Leanna
  • 1PamperedMommy