• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Scratch-Made Cake: Delicious Despite its Appearance!

In summary, this scratch-made cake requires all-purpose flour, sugar, eggs, butter, baking powder, vanilla extract, and milk. It takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare and an additional 30 minutes to bake. You can make it ahead of time and store it for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also make substitutions for some of the ingredients, but it may affect the final texture and taste. To make the cake more presentable, you can decorate it with frosting, powdered sugar, fresh fruit, or use a cake stencil. Using a cake stand or platter can also add to the elegant presentation.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
I made this cake yesterday for my youth group, but just frosted it in the pan, and did not cut and stack it. It would make a nice two layer cake though!

I don't make too many cakes from scratch, but I thought this was pretty yummy. I don't think I've ever made a cake before that had cream cheese in it! (I wish I'd had time to make cream cheese frosting, but I had to make do with a tub - :yuck:).

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that it is pretty good, as I know not many people were impressed with the decoration part!

Although I'm intrigued to try the frosting recipe too. Has anyone else made it yet?

Last edited:
I haven't made it yet, but am glad to hear of your success with it.

do you have a pic of it I'd love to see it!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make this scratch-made cake?

This cake requires all-purpose flour, sugar, eggs, butter, baking powder, vanilla extract, and milk. You can also add in any additional ingredients, such as chocolate chips or fruit, to customize the flavor.

2. How long does it take to make this cake?

The total preparation time for this cake is about 30 minutes, with an additional 30 minutes for baking. However, the exact time may vary depending on your oven and baking experience.

3. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. It can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in this cake?

Yes, you can make substitutions for some of the ingredients. For example, you can use almond milk instead of regular milk, or coconut oil instead of butter. However, these substitutions may affect the final texture and taste of the cake.

5. How can I make this cake look more presentable?

You can decorate the cake with frosting, powdered sugar, or fresh fruit. You can also use a cake stencil to create a design on top of the cake. Additionally, using a cake stand or platter can make the cake look more elegant and presentable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bakinwithbacon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefMary412