• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake :)

In summary, a group of people were discussing a cake that the speaker had made for a class party. They mentioned that the cake was made the day before and decorated the day of, and that it was very pretty and easy to make. The conversation then shifted to the issue of posting photos of the cake, with some suggesting resizing the image and others offering to help. The speaker then mentioned that they had emailed the photo to some members of the group and that they were planning to make the same cake again the next day. They also mentioned using devil's food cake and Betty Crocker butter cream frosting with lots of berries. The group complimented the cake and discussed using it for a themed cooking show or as a birthday cake. The speaker thanked
its_me_susan
I made this for a class party today (made the cake yesterday, frosted and decorated today). I can't get over how pretty it looks!

Tada ~ it was super easy too!

Darn, the file is too big. Does anyone know how I can shrink them to post?

You need to resize the image, if you have any type of photo shop program there is a way to resize.

What a cute title:D I'll have to check back to see what it looks like....I'm sure it is pretty!

Well??? Bring it on girl - I wanna see!!!! I am sure it's GORGEOUS!! ANd dontcha just LOVE your cookware!??!

pamperedalf said:
You need to resize the image, if you have any type of photo shop program there is a way to resize.

where do I look to see if I have that? Can I send it by email to someone who does?

You could email it to me as well, I can do it no prob.

Please email me also. I want to see the pretty cake

Sk8Mom209 said:
Please email me also. I want to see the pretty cake

Stay tuned! I emailed to Jody and Amanda. :) I am making the same cake tomorrow. So easy yea!

Let's see if this works.....

Attachments

• Web Skillet Cake A.jpg
    Web Skillet Cake A.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Web Skillet Cake B.jpg
    Web Skillet Cake B.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 224
Let's see if this works....

Attachments

• Web Skillet Cake A.jpg
    Web Skillet Cake A.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 575
  • Web Skillet Cake B.jpg
    Web Skillet Cake B.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 500
its_me_susan I did it for you! Very nice, I am impressed! I also replied to your pm just now!

Attachments

• Skillet Cake 1b.jpg
    Skillet Cake 1b.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 493
  • Skillet Cake IIb.jpg
    Skillet Cake IIb.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 429
I think it worked Susan.....by the way, it's looks booooooooootiful!! :p

P.S. Susan.....what recipe was this (what type of cake)?

oooooh! very pretty indeed:D That is an awesome idea to go with our patriotic items! Great job:D

That's beautiful!!! And delicious-looking! You'll definitely have to print that up and put the picture in your booking binder or whatever you have that you pass around at shows. You could start up a cake-themed Cooking Show!:D

Wow, that looks awesome....great job!!!!

WOW! That IS pretty. Can that be my birthday cake??

kcjodih said:
P.S. Susan.....what recipe was this (what type of cake)?

Just devil's food cake in skillet, with (the only canned frosting I think tastes like real) Betty Crocker butter cream using EAD, lots of berries. I just started playing.

Today I used "dark chocolate" cake - much better! I used alot more layers of strawberries on the side too. Yum. The berries taste sooooo good with the butter cream frosting! My 7 yr old helped with blueberry detail.

Thank you for posting with me!!!
:)

Wow! What a great looking cake!

Oh that looks so yummy!:D

Related to Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake?

To make Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake, you will need: 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 cup fresh berries of your choice.

2. Can I make Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake in a regular cake pan instead of a skillet?

Yes, you can make Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake in a regular 9-inch cake pan. Just make sure to grease and flour the pan before adding the batter.

3. How do I know when Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake is done baking?

You can test the doneness of Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. It should also be lightly golden brown on top.

4. Can I use frozen berries in Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake?

Yes, you can use frozen berries in Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before adding them to the batter.

5. How should I serve Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake?

Tada! Lookat My Pretty Skillet Cake is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream on top. You can also dust it with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mitzyz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies