• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling With Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake

I have always made it at home and flipped it out onto a SA platter. Covered it with saran wrap, since it was plain so the saran doesn't stick to it.
ahammons
I love this recipe, but I was just wondering if anyone has transported this cake - how do you do it? I know that it will fit on a SA large round platter, but what do you put over it? A cake carrier?

Also, have you noticed a difference between cake mixes when making this? I used a different brand yesterday and it took forever to bake!! It was still good, but not as good as the first one I made. :)

I did this recently and transported the bare cake in the Skillet. Flipped it onto the platter in front of the guests for WOW factor. But, as I mentionned in a previous thread, I still need some practice adding the topping to make it look pretty.

I need to practice flipping it out on the platter. First time burnt my arm! Second time it didn't flop out! Third time it broke! Am I doing something wrong?

I have always made it at home and flipped it out onto a SA platter. Covered it with saran wrap, since it was plain so the saran doesn't stick to it.

Sarah- two things...make sure you are melting the butter and coating the entire pan with it. I use the silicone brush and brush it around once it's melted. Secondly, make sure you allow it to cool somewhat (10-15 minutes) then it's not so fragile and hopefully it won't break. HTH

KellyTheChef said:

Sarah- two things...make sure you are melting the butter and coating the entire pan with it. I use the silicone brush and brush it around once it's melted. Secondly, make sure you allow it to cool somewhat (10-15 minutes) then it's not so fragile and hopefully it won't break. HTH

Thanks Kelly for the tips. I must not be letting it cool long enough. I will have to try it again!

KellyTheChef said:

Thanks Kelly! I guess I'll do that, then just add the glaze later. Over Thanksgiving, someone wrapped the first one I made in saran wrap and it pulled half of the chocolate and caramel off! lol

Luckily I haven't had any problems with flipping it - yet! :D

KellyTheChef said:

Ooh...that's a good tip! I just slosh the butter around. I haven't had problems with doing it that way, but showing the silicone basting brush is a good idea. Thanks! :thumbup:

1. What is the best way to transport the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake while traveling?

The best way to transport the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is to place it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. This will prevent the cake from drying out or getting crushed during travel.

2. Can I freeze the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake before traveling?

Yes, you can freeze the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake before traveling. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw the cake completely before serving.

3. How long will the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake stay fresh while traveling?

The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days if stored properly in an airtight container or wrapped tightly with plastic wrap. It is best to consume the cake within this time frame for optimal freshness.

4. Can I reheat the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake while traveling?

Yes, you can reheat the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake while traveling. Simply place it in the microwave for a few seconds or in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes until warm.

5. Can I add any additional toppings or decorations to the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake while traveling?

Yes, you can add additional toppings or decorations to the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake while traveling. Just make sure to pack them separately and add them just before serving to prevent them from getting soggy or melted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies