• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Knife is Chipped Beyond Repair - 90 Days Later

In summary, the knife may have been defective and should not have chipped. It is also safe to put PC tools in the dishwasher.
vgmontes
Wow, I can't believe how badly my knife is chipped! It has even been 90 days!

It must have been a defect. I won't even dare put it in the dishwasher.

Call HO and see about getting it replaced.

do you have the honing tool? You need it.

vgmontes said:
Wow, I can't believe how badly my knife is chipped! It has even been 90 days!

It must have been a defect. I won't even dare put it in the dishwasher.

You're not using it on a glass cutting board, are you?

It isn't dishwasher safe.

1. No im not using a glass cutting board
2. Well then, I guess it's a good thing I don't put any pc products in the dishwasher lol

I had the tip of my santoku knife break off. I did an adjustment, sent it in and they sent me a replacement without any hassle.

I don't know about chipping though...

vgmontes said:
2. Well then, I guess it's a good thing I don't put any pc products in the dishwasher lol

Actually, what I love (and tell people) about PC tools is that almost all of them DO go in the dishwasher.

The main ones to be careful about are knives (shouldn't put ANY good quality knives in the DW tho' bacause DW detergents are so harsh), non-stick cookware (ditto), bamboo pieces that are NOT all one piece (tongs and bowls), SOME of the plastic lids. (NOTE: this is not a comprehensive list!)

I'd go crazy if I had to handwash everything, LOL! Love that I can throw my mandoline, foodchopper, plastic colander and bowls, bamboo tools, EAD, garlic press, etc in the dishwasher, and I think it's a huge selling point.

So eve if you continue to handwash at home be sure to tell your customers not to, LOL!

vgmontes said:

In that case, it must be a defective knife. It shouldn't chip. I'm sure HO will take care of it for you! I have had a forged cutlery paring knife for years and have never had a problem with it.

I know this is an old thread but I'm having to send my Utility Knife in as it has 4 chips in it. I've maybe used it 5 times, never on a glass board, and never in the dishwasher.

1. Why did my Pampered Chef knife chip so quickly?

There are a few possible reasons for a knife to chip quickly, including using it on hard surfaces like glass or granite, cutting through frozen foods, or using it to pry open packaging. To ensure the longevity of your knife, always use it on a cutting board and avoid using it for tasks it's not designed for.

2. I've only had my knife for 90 days, can I still get a replacement?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty on all of our knives. If your knife has chipped within 90 days of purchase, you can contact our customer service team for a replacement. If it has been longer than 90 days, you may still be eligible for a replacement depending on the circumstances.

3. Can I sharpen my chipped knife to fix it?

In most cases, sharpening a chipped knife will not fix the issue. A chipped blade can cause uneven sharpening and may result in a damaged blade. It's best to contact our customer service team for a replacement if your knife has chipped.

4. How should I care for my Pampered Chef knife to prevent chipping?

To prevent your knife from chipping, make sure to always use it on a cutting board and avoid cutting through hard or frozen foods. It's also important to hand wash your knife and avoid putting it in the dishwasher, as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the blade.

5. Can I return my chipped knife to the store I purchased it from?

If you purchased your Pampered Chef knife from a retailer, you will need to contact them directly for their return policy. If you purchased your knife directly from Pampered Chef, you can contact our customer service team for a replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • esavvymom