• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Open House: A Success Story!

In summary, today was my first open house type thingy and I survived! LOL... It was a long 3 hours for my feet but my table looked great and I hopefully have enough orders to call it a show (will close it by Weds after the gal's neighbor gets back their order).
lkprescott
Silver Member
Today was my first open house type thingy and I survived! LOL... It was a long 3 hours for my feet but my table looked great and I hopefully have enough orders to call it a show (will close it by Weds after the gal's neighbor gets back their order).

There wasn't a lot of folks that came by and at times it really felt like the money was being split, which was fine but I'm sure I would have done better as a PC show without the other 5 consultants. Folks were either very hot or very cold for sales... as in "Oh, I have everything" and completely didn't want to hear about anything new or "ooh, I need this and this and this"... and no one was interested in hosting at all... but that's okay! I got a lot out of how to set up a table and really think I did okay!

I wish I had taken a picture of my table! I had taken all my PC stuff and figured out my own 'gift sets' and compiled about half a dozen... I grouped them, tied them up with a ribbon and set out little cards with the items and their prices. I also had a stocking laying on the table and had 'stuffers' coming out the top... I had gotten a few literature holders for my catalogs and SBC... I over prepared as usual and took more than I needed... guess I'll figure it all out in due time. I'm just so worried about forgetting stuff and being 40 minutes away from home, it's not like I can just run back if I forget. I know you folks here helped me soooo much, you have NO idea! My major thanks to all of you!! I felt so confident with putting things just so, making sure I didn't have stuff blocking others and getting a good view all around the table.

The odd reaction I keep getting though is people seem surprised when they ask me how long I've been with PC and I tell them only a few weeks... not sure how to take that.

Take it with a grain of salt, and move on. Congrats on the great show! Go book another one. Follow up with big MAC calls and keep your customers happy.

God Bless, Take Care!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Take it as a compliment. You obviously had everything so together that they assumed you had been at it for years.BTW, I made a decision years ago that I would always choose the most flattering interpretation when a comment was made to me. If a comment could be taken in more than one way, I choose the positive. It makes life much more pleasant. So, if you want to insult me, you have to be very blunt and point-blank.

I like that Rae, thanks! LOL... I had a similar comment made at my 2nd show too. The gal asked how long I'd been doing this, halfway through my demo, and I was honest and said it was my 2nd show and I'd been only at it for a couple weeks. She was surprised and started really digging in on another consultant she'd seen the other week who was at it for many years but hardly inspired anyone. She was impressed and was blunt with her kudos, which I appreciated. LOL... she said I'd made it fun, interactive and she was encouraged to spend money. *giggle*

I'm just glad that I'll be able to count this last one as a show. Then I'll be officially qualified! :cool:

Woo hoo! I'm celebrating with you 'cause I know you'll do it!

What is "My First Open House: A Success Story!"?

"My First Open House: A Success Story!" is a book written by Pampered Chef founder, Doris Christopher, that shares the story of how she successfully launched her own business through hosting her first open house party.

How can this book help me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

This book provides valuable insights and tips on how to plan and host a successful open house party, which can help you attract and retain customers, increase sales, and grow your business as a Pampered Chef consultant.

What are some key takeaways from "My First Open House: A Success Story!"?

Some key takeaways from this book include the importance of preparation, creating a welcoming atmosphere, providing quality products and exceptional customer service, and following up with guests after the party to build long-term relationships.

Is this book only relevant for first-time hosts?

No, this book is helpful for both new and experienced Pampered Chef consultants. While it focuses on the first open house party, the principles and strategies shared can be applied to any type of party or event hosted by a consultant.

Where can I purchase "My First Open House: A Success Story!"?

You can purchase this book on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available in select bookstores and online retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• deanna_g
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • vogee13