• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First College Age Show...any Suggestions?

In summary, the niece really wanted to hold a show this month, and I am happy to oblige. This will be the first show of mostly non-married (future bridal registries, right?), college age adults. Any suggestions out there from seasoned vets? I really want to make it fun and successful for her ..though I know there is the potential that it won't be a huge money making show...some of them are getting ready to set up homes, and most have just graduated...so I'm hoping to get them on the PC track. Ideas, please!
Nep2nfly
My niece really wanted to hold a show this month, and I am happy to oblige. This will be the first show of mostly non-married (future bridal registries, right?), college age adults. Any suggestions out there from seasoned vets? I really want to make it fun and successful for her ..though I know there is the potential that it won't be a huge money making show...some of them are getting ready to set up homes, and most have just graduated...so I'm hoping to get them on the PC track. Ideas, please!

recruit them!!! jobs are hard to come by and out best product is our business!

That's what I'm hoping to do! I know I have one possible recruit coming...

I would add definately encourage them to bring their Moms. They'll get lots of kitchen tips and possibly some help in buying their products.
Also, I just saw a cute cookbook coming out, it's called "1000 things to do with Raman Noodles", you could show off some of the "must have products" for a college bound student, like the micro-cookers, collapsable bowls (my nephew uses the small one as his daily cereal bowl at college:)) and stuff like that. Good luck!

I've done two parties recently with "after college" kids at their first jobs. They seemed to love the bamboo, Simple Additions, pots and knives. Both parties, with some repeat customers, were well over $1000.

Treat it just like any other show. Just because of their age and social status doesn't mean they don't have their own place and like to cook!

#1 recommendation i have ever gotten from my director is DON"T PREJUDGE
some of my best shows have been with college-age or post-college..... they have all this "new found" money from their first "real" jobs and nothing to spend it on

I've done 3 shows on our local college campus....EDUCATE! They are looking for tips and ideas to make it simple! Yet honestly, don't really feel I did anything different then any other show.

Remember, don't set other peolpe's spending limits. We learned that at conference. Treat this show like every other show; don't go to the show thinking they don't have the money to spend. You never know what our products are worth to peolpe.

You will be surprised at the audience you may or may not have!

I started purchasing PC when I was 18 and headed to college and my first apartment. Bar pans evolved around my college experiences! As I entered grad school, and didn't have roommates I started adding on larger items such as the cookware and knives.

I do not cook - I cooked even LESS when an undergrad. Plan something extremely fun and easy that will grab their attention like the lava cake! Rather cheap item but can be used for rice, veggies, and cake! However, I started as a consultant when I started my doctorate - and in result in a few months I had a BEAUTIFUL kitchen with AMAZING tools (excellent selling point for recruiting!).

On the other hand. I have friends that lived on campus their entire educational journey. Even now as professionals (22-25 years old) they REFUSE to buy a frying pan or knife that will last them a lifetime, when they can go to wal-mart and spend $30 EVERY year on junk! I have a very hard time figuring these people out!

I did my Ice Cream Show for the group on campus....The Frosty Latte and the Ice Cream Sandwich Cake. This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE show...everyone can enjoy, even those that CAN'T bake!!!

Attachments

• Ice Cream Show.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 442
  • Ice Cream Show Show Steps.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Congrats on a fun show! S'CREAMingly good!

Use the DCB and rice cooker to show how they can make REAL food even in the dorm!! do the chicken penne pasta with a chocolate lava cake in the rice cooker!!

rice cooker and the micro pots! Oh and the mix and chop! mashed potatoes in the micro is amazing!

1. How can I make my first college age show successful?

To make your first college age show successful, make sure to promote it well and reach out to potential attendees through social media and word of mouth. Offer special discounts or freebies to attract college students and make the event fun and interactive with games or demonstrations.

2. What type of products should I feature at a college age show?

Some popular products that college students may be interested in include easy meal prep tools, dorm room essentials, and budget-friendly kitchen gadgets. You can also showcase products that can be used for hosting parties or cooking with friends.

3. How can I engage college students during the show?

To engage college students during the show, consider incorporating interactive elements such as games, quizzes, or product demonstrations. You can also encourage audience participation by asking for volunteers or offering prizes for correct answers.

4. What should I include in the college age show invitation?

In the invitation, include the date, time, and location of the show. You can also mention any special deals or discounts that will be offered and include a brief description of the products that will be featured. Don't forget to include a call to action for attendees to RSVP or invite their friends.

5. How can I follow up with attendees after the college age show?

Following up with attendees after the show is crucial to maintaining their interest and potentially making future sales. Send a personalized thank-you email or message, offer a special post-show discount, and ask for feedback to improve future shows. You can also invite them to join your email list or follow you on social media for updates on future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • bridgetbakes
  • Pampered Chef Shows