• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Cooking Show Tonight: Any Tips for a Newbie?

In summary, relax and have fun. Don't be up tight about everything and think everything has to go "just so." It goes however you want it to go and know one there will know if you make a mistake and if for some reason they do, they are not a big deal.
blessed
Silver Member
I am new to PC. I have my first cooking show tonight. Anyone have any suggestions??

Relax and have fun! Don't be up tight about everything and think everything has to go "just so." It goes however you want it to go and know one there will know if you make a mistake and if for some reason they do, we are all human and make them ALL the time - they are not a big deal. It shows that you are a "pampered chef not a perfect chef."

Just enjoy it!! And let us know tomorrow about it!

Have fun... and remember that if you mess up no one but you really knows... Let them know that this is one of your first few shows and relax....

Thanks so much!! I am nervous about forgetting the products features!! IS it ok to use the product cards??

I still use them after 3 years........

i have done 3 shows. they were all family and friends. I used index cards to write notes on and glanced at them every once and a while. by my 3rd show i did not need the cards as much. hth

Relax, have fun and good luck!!

RELAX (easier said than done, we all know:D )
If you need the cards by all means use them...that is what they are for.

Relax and have fun!And don't forget to ask EVERYONE if they want to have a show or offer the opportunity of the business. Get into the habit now at your first show, even though you will be as nervous as can be. Just continue to smile and don't take it personally when someone says no.

Breathe!!! I always talk so fast that I forget to take in air because I'm nervous. What's great about this business is you never have to do your show perfect or be a professional at it. Have fun and enjoy how great this job is!

Like everyone else has said, the key is to relax and have fun. I wouldn't worry about using the cards or some other form of a "cheat sheet." I started with a whole stack of index cards, but after 1 year + I'm still using a card with key talking points. I say if it works, do it!!!

Have fun, good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes for you!!

I have a spiral bound index card set that I kept a show outline on. I still followed it until the new interactive show. It does help!

Make sure you ask everyone if they want to "treat their friends and family to a cooking show" (or catalog show if they say no) and offer the opportunity. Start it now and it will help your business. I didn't have any bookings from my first show because I was too scared to ask! I now ask everyone at checkout.

Thanks Ladies for all the advice. My first show was great. I had a total of about 22 people there and I broke the $800.00 mark. I had the best time. After it was all over I was on clouds!! I got 2 bookings from this show. I also used my kit products cards. I handed them out to the guests and as I used the products they read the info from the kit cards. It was a great way to get them involved. Thanks!!!!!

1. What is "Cooking 101: My First Show!"?

"Cooking 101: My First Show!" is a beginner's cooking class offered by Pampered Chef where you can learn basic cooking skills and techniques, and get hands-on experience with the company's products in a fun and interactive setting.

2. Who can attend "Cooking 101: My First Show!"?

Anyone can attend "Cooking 101: My First Show!", whether you are a beginner cook looking to learn new skills or a seasoned cook wanting to brush up on your techniques. The class is open to all ages and skill levels.

3. What will I learn at "Cooking 101: My First Show!"?

"Cooking 101: My First Show!" covers basic cooking skills such as knife techniques, cooking methods, and flavor combinations. You will also learn how to use Pampered Chef products to make cooking easier and more efficient.

4. How long is "Cooking 101: My First Show!"?

"Cooking 101: My First Show!" typically lasts 1-2 hours, depending on the size of the group and the complexity of the recipes being taught. You will have plenty of time to ask questions and practice the skills you learn.

5. Do I need to bring anything to "Cooking 101: My First Show!"?

No, you do not need to bring anything to "Cooking 101: My First Show!" All ingredients and cooking equipment will be provided by Pampered Chef. However, if you have a favorite apron or cooking utensil, feel free to bring it along!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jenblissread
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
donnajocooper
  • smartcookie