• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Daughter Is Getting Induced in the Morning! Woohoo

In summary, the baby is at around 8 lbs 11 oz and they are not wanting her to wait any longer. They are going to give it a try and see.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Everyone please send up prayer for a safe and easy labor and healthy baby!
At her ultrasound today the baby is at around 8 lbs 11 oz - WOW - and they do not want her waiting. Due date was yesterday. Possible C-Section due to the size of the baby and my daughter is tiny - but tiny women have had big babies! They are going to give it a try and see.

I am beyond excited as you can imagine! The baby is a little girl and her name will be Taylor. ;)

congratsOur prayers will be with you and your family during this exciting time.
Congratulations and best wishes
Jen

Congrats to you Grandma. I will keep your daughter in my prayers, andCongrats to you Grandma. I will keep your daughter in my prayers, and hope that she is able to deliver with out the c-section.
If she ends up with an emergency c-section. Tell her to relax and take the epidural offered for the c-section. She will still feel them working on her but it won't hurt and when they offer to put her to sleep to take it.

Let us know how it goes

Beth - she is a pediatric nurse - she is all for the epidural. LOL.

She is my prayers!!!congrats on becoming a grandma!!

Congratulations! I'll be praying for your daughter!

And FYI, I am one of those small women with big babies. I'm 5'2", 100 pounds (pre-pregnancy) and my first son was 8 lbs, 7 oz. I was also induced. 5 hours of labor and out he came!

I'll pray for the safety and health of your daughter and grandchild!

My ultrasound estimated my baby girl @ 9lbs 6oz and she was 11lbs 2oz! EEK!! I had to have a c-section because my little boy was 8lbs 11oz and got just a little stuck! I LOVED my c-section. I was on my feet much quicker. I walked bent over for 2 weeks after having my little boy, but was upright and moving good after about 5 days after my cesearan. I hope she has a happy peaceful birth! Congrats on the new grandbaby and blessings for your daughter and the baby!

Congrats Grandma:D Hope all goes well.

Donna: you really loved your c-section? I had an emergency c-section with my first, and it took awhile to feel good again. Was supposed to have a repeat with my second; she was impatient though & came REALLY quickly a day early...had her naturally. I preferred naturally so much more! I felt great the next day:)

Congrats on the new grandbaby, I am epidural all the way, I was induced with all 3 1st was a diaster (due to health problems) and 2nd and 3rd was a breeze, about 4 hrs labor. I have never wanted a c section but then again I have felt great after the deliveries.
Also Tayor is my 2nd daughters name

Congrats Grandma. I will pray for all to go smooth and all to be well. I am about 5:0 and weigh about 100 lbs. I had two c-sections with my boys, not because I am small, but because their were complications with both. The first one took a while to feel good again and stand up straight and the second went a lot smoother and better. Let us know how everyone is doing.

Congrats and we can't wait to see pics of the new "cheffer"!

yeah, Congrats cindy!!!

I'm one of the small ones too, about 5'4" 115lbs and have had 4 babies, all naturally. My smallest was 8# and largest was 9.5!!! and I gained the least amount of weight with her! I thought she'd be small--boy was I wrong.

Can't wait to see the pics!

How'd it go??? My dream job is being a midwife so I crazy about all things birth related!!

Congratulations Cindy - how exciting!! Did she end up with a c-section? I had all 3 of mine that way - all big babies 10 lb. 11 oz. boy, 9 lb. 12 oz. boy(born 5 days early) and my daughter at 9 lb 4 oz. (8 days early) - it's a tough recovery and of course my tummy has never quite recovered - but a healthy baby was all I wanted - hope you are enjoying your new granddaughter!!

Gina Miller

1. What is an induction and why is it necessary?

An induction is a medical procedure used to artificially start labor. It is typically recommended when there are concerns about the health of the baby or mother, or if the pregnancy has gone past the due date. It involves the use of medication or other techniques to stimulate contractions and bring on labor.

2. Is induction safe for both the mother and baby?

Induction is generally considered safe for both the mother and baby, but as with any medical procedure, there are potential risks and side effects. Your healthcare provider will discuss these with you and monitor you and your baby closely during the induction process to ensure a safe delivery.

3. How long does an induction usually take?

The length of an induction can vary greatly depending on the individual circumstances and the methods used. In some cases, labor may start within a few hours, while in others it may take several days. It is important to be patient and follow the guidance of your healthcare provider.

4. What can I expect during an induction?

During an induction, you will likely be given medication to help stimulate contractions. You may also have your water broken manually by your doctor or have a catheter inserted to help dilate the cervix. It is important to communicate with your healthcare provider and ask any questions you may have during the process.

5. How can I prepare for my daughter's induction?

To prepare for an induction, it is important to follow any instructions given by your healthcare provider. This may include avoiding certain foods or medications, staying hydrated, and getting plenty of rest. It may also be helpful to pack a bag with essentials for the hospital stay and to have a birth plan in place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • StacieB